Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

High number of complaints on Singapore Airlines new Premium Economy product

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

High number of complaints on Singapore Airlines new Premium Economy product

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: Kris flyer, velocity, Air NZ
SQ premium economy is just better seat with haphazard economy service.

At similar price other airlines provides better seat, priority checkin, priority bag tags, priority boarding plus business class meals.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Not well coordinated. Even those with special meals have to wait for their drinks. Why not serve everyone together. I don't get it
is it possible to speak to the lead of the gallery or the server let them know not to serve the BTC meals so fast and serve it together when drinks trolley arrive? or maybe just leave my food until drink trolley is here

dont mind being the last few to receive my food so long as i can enjoy my meal with a drink
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:53 am

Basically only settle for PY should:
-coach is in the highest Y price, no more deeply discounted V/K fare.
-if you have orphaned miles to burn.
-if you just want to splurge. LOL.
-etc.

IMO PY is not worth it at all!
Economy after all. Only slightly better space and BTC.
And only nasi lemak BTC is ok FYI.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by lesocw
is it possible to speak to the lead of the gallery or the server let them know not to serve the BTC meals so fast and serve it together when drinks trolley arrive? or maybe just leave my food until drink trolley is here

dont mind being the last few to receive my food so long as i can enjoy my meal with a drink
You're asking for a lot of additional manpower/co-ordination to be done that could hamper the food and drink trollies. Consider:

1) Getting the special/BTC meals out first makes it easier for the cabin crew to identify who needs to be served still.
2) Usually the drink trolley follows the food trolley. Which means that the food trolley people would be asking the drink trolley people to get the special/BTC meals to get the special/BTC meal for them (as they would be sandwiched)... slowing the service down.
3) Serving the BTC/special meal last... you'll get complaints from many of those people just like you guys are complaining here.

There is no easy solution as all processes have many drawbacks.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
You're asking for a lot of additional manpower/co-ordination to be done that could hamper the food and drink trollies. Consider:

1) Getting the special/BTC meals out first makes it easier for the cabin crew to identify who needs to be served still.
2) Usually the drink trolley follows the food trolley. Which means that the food trolley people would be asking the drink trolley people to get the special/BTC meals to get the special/BTC meal for them (as they would be sandwiched)... slowing the service down.
3) Serving the BTC/special meal last... you'll get complaints from many of those people just like you guys are complaining here.

There is no easy solution as all processes have many drawbacks.
too bad we cant have everything in the world, if only they SQ just assign one crew to look after the PY cabin.. just like how LH assigns one delicate crew to look after upper level economy passengers everytime on their a380...
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
too bad we cant have everything in the world, if only they SQ just assign one crew to look after the PY cabin.. just like how LH assigns one delicate crew to look after upper level economy passengers everytime on their a380...
SIA assign a dedicated crew for their upper level economy cabin too?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond

The problem with the SQ crew is that they are so robotic and trained as such that any change in their routine will cause them to malfunction just like a robot. So here is a solution I have for you and all others special meal people.

Usually once in the air, these airlines first start with a drink only service if I am not wrong unless this has changed. So when they do their drink and nuts service, you ask for 2 drinks, one for the special meal and one to enjoy right away. This may be a solution.
captain_starwood likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:57 pm

The problem with the SQ crew is that they are so robotic and trained as such that any change in their routine will cause them to malfunction just like a robot. So here is a solution I have for you and all others special meal people.

Usually once in the air, these airlines first start with a drink only service if I am not wrong unless this has changed. So when they do their drink and nuts service, you ask for 2 drinks, one for the special meal and one to enjoy right away. This may be a solution.
that is what i was thinking about too, which then brings me to yet another thing that ive noticed

what i noticed on all my SQ operated flights is that sometimes the crew refuses to give me the entire can of drink (just purely soft drinks not wine alcohol), eg coke,sprite etc. canned drinks, some would be happy to give me the entire can , some would just pour one miserable cup and keep the can back in the cart which makes me seriously... not sure about any ground rules on giving out whole can of drinks to pax though.... anyone care to enighten.

even when im in last row of the plane they still cant give me the entire can explaning that drinks are catered for exact amount of pax bla bla and they might not have enough for the flight bla bla... which makes me even more the crew rather come over and refill my coke xxx times then to give me one can to myself and save all their troubles ^

maybe im thinking too much over a can drink
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Crew not giving the entire can may be part of the CUT BACKS. BTW I always get the entire can when I ask. Or else I'll ring the bell and ask for a refill to piss them off. They serve the entire can in Business.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Aug 9, 2017 at 6:55 pm
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

I get no first/welcome drink from my ZRH-SIN PE in last november.
My BTC arrived 15-20min before any drink. Made me really upset. PE SQ is no more in my plans.

​​​​​​
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:38 am

I have a PE booking for EU-AUS trip. Reading through posts it seems many people are not satisfied with it. Apart from soft product which I'm not really interested in, how does the hard product compare to LH PE and LH Y or EK Y? I mean the seating, the space and recline? I'll be on A380 and A350, last row of PE.
How likely is an op-up to C? No status.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by petercek
how does the hard product compare to LH PE and LH Y or EK Y? I mean the seating, the space and recline?
I genuinely think it's worlds apart compared to economy. If you manage to score one of the emergency exit seats on the sides you have infinite legroom and no need to climb over your seatmate. If you travel with one person, you get the two seats on the sides and you don't share with anyone. Recline is good, seat width is good (I am 6' and I can curl up in the seat), IFE is good.

As I said before, if you compare it to the cheapest full-mile earning fare in economy, it's an absolute bargain.

Going EU-Australia back-to-back you'll appreciate the space. On a XXX-SIN trip with only one leg I can see why PE might not be worth the expense.

How likely is an op-up to C? No status.
0.0%
davidj1 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:32 am

Thanks for this. Exactly the information I was looking for. Looking forward to the trip.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
So when they do their drink and nuts service, you ask for 2 drinks, one for the special meal and one to enjoy right away. This may be a solution.
If all pax did this, then some will complain that the original drink service is taking too long.

SQ wonders why it isn't profitable when it does thinks that make no sense. They can either provide water bottles to PY pax and a drink of choice or make the decision to assign 2 dedicated cabin crew to this class of service (which can be the same cabin crew from Y but they will focus on the PY service first).
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by fly747first
SQ wonders why it isn't profitable
It is profitable. It made $623 million according to the yearly report published in My 2017.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.