Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

High number of complaints on Singapore Airlines new Premium Economy product

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

High number of complaints on Singapore Airlines new Premium Economy product

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:28 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Completed a weekend trip in Premium Y to HKG this weekend. 777-300ER both ways. Had some experience of those seats on KUL, CGK flights - but first time I paid for a Premium Y ticket.

Positives:
- I think the seat is pretty good actually (I assume I would be able to sleep in that)

Negatives:
- It really is Economy with a better seat - I thought it would a different class of service somehow
- Getting those meals served seemed to take an eternity, and the crew were busy - again, this is all just part of the Y service on the flight

Can't remember flying in Premium Y on any other airline - and e.g. UA's Y with extra leg room probably does not count.

At the end of the day, only paid SGD1,200 return (vs. SGD900 for regular Y) - so not that bad of a deal.

On this particular route (SIN-HKG), I might as well fly CX Y - or pay for J on either. Certainly will not go out of my way to book SQ Premium Y in the future.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by nanyang
Negatives:
- It really is Economy with a better seat - I thought it would a different class of service somehow
To be fair, the clue is in the name.
davidj1 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Club, HHonors Diamond
For Some reason, SIA does not seem to be able to get their PEY in the same league as their competition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.