Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore airlines 7kg cabin luggage allowance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore airlines 7kg cabin luggage allowance

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...415-newcoc.jsp

Changes to additional articles allowed on board

We would like to inform customers that there will be changes to our carry-on baggage allowance, with effect from 15 April 2015.

The changes are extracted from Article 13 of our Conditions of Contract and highlighted below in bold.

Cabin Baggage Allowance

Your cabin baggage may be weighed and measured and, if necessary, charged for in accordance with valid tariffs. All airline members of the International Air Transport Association (“IATA”) have agreed to observe the following baggage regulations. You may carry on board ONE of the articles listed below free of charge over and above your free baggage allowance, subject to the country’s local requirements:

Ladies' handbag*
Laptop in bag*
Document bag*
Camera / Camera bag*
Overcoat
Umbrella
A walking stick, a pair of crutches and/or other prosthetic devices for the passenger’s use provided the passenger is dependent on them
Small amount of duty free goods (where permitted)
Infant food and amenities if the infant is travelling. The total weight of these items should not exceed 6kg.

* The maximum dimensions for these bags are 40x30x10cm each. If the item exceeds the total dimension of 80cm (sum of length, width and height), it will be counted as part of your standard cabin baggage allowance. In this event, you will be required to check in either your cabin bag or the additional item.

All other cabin baggage are subject to the following conditions:

Quantity: 1 piece *
Dimension: Length + Breadth + Height (including protrusions) must not exceed 115 cm (45 inches) in total subject to fit within the aircraft stowage spaces.
Weight: Up to 7 kg

*First and Business Class customers may be allowed two pieces of cabin baggage, subject to the country’s local requirements, aircraft cabin space and stowage space availability.

For more information, please refer to http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/tr...ge-allowances/ or our Conditions of Contract.

First posted on 16 April 2015, 1130hrs (GMT+8)
Old May 16, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: *A
Sorry, I've just come back to this thread. My original (and first ever ) post was very poor. I omitted to mention the very pertinent detail that this was at T2 on a Sunday afternoon. I, much like everyone else here, have never had any issues at Changi and especially not at T3. Apologies again for such a daft omission and I also totally understand why it was perceived as trolling.

I was just shocked to see it and given that I fly out of Changi a lot I instantly thought to sign up and post it here in the hope that it may help some people. Quite funny that it was this observation that made me sign up.

Also I spoke to some SQ staff regarding the above notice and they said the only change is that they are now defining the size of the additional item, that's all.

Last edited by Tennet1979; May 16, 2015 at 4:50 pm Reason: Typo
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:31 pm

Angry Impossible to keep 7 kg cabin limit with pro photo gear

Does anyone ever had a pro photo gear obviously excessing the 7 kg limit carried as cabin bag on SQ flight? Any check in issues?
Any experience / suggestions welcome.
Thanks! [FONT="Times New Roman"][/FONT]
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Pelsoczit
Does anyone ever had a pro photo gear obviously excessing the 7 kg limit carried as cabin bag on SQ flight? Any check in issues?
Depends what you mean by 'obviously.' If your bag looks close to the cabin size limits (but is >>>>> 7kg), my experience with SQ is that you're unlikely to run into any issues. If you mean that the bag is huge and suitcase-sized ...
Old Nov 16, 2015, 10:51 pm
tub

Programs: IHG Ambassador, KrisFlyer
I recently travelled long haul with a lot of photo gear (3 lenses, DLSR and Mirrorless) as well as a 15" Macbook. They were ok and had no issues coming aboard

Last edited by tub; Nov 16, 2015 at 10:51 pm Reason: Typos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.