Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore airlines 7kg cabin luggage allowance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:22 am

Could this be anything to do with the recent announcement by SQ on cabin baggage allowance?

http://beta.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms...415-newcoc.jsp
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Laptop in bag*
Camera / Camera bag*
* The maximum dimensions for these bags are 40x30x10cm each.
Meh the 10cm limit basically screws over any bag for DSLRs or anything bigger than Point and Shoots.

(Incidentally I have a combined laptop/camera backpack that weighs 10kg when fully loaded :P)
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by xtra13
Could this be anything to do with the recent announcement by SQ on cabin baggage allowance?

http://beta.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms...415-newcoc.jsp
Not sure how this differs from the current "regulations" already published on the website?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Hmm. I have seen CAG staff at Changi Airport, claiming to be working with SQ, walking around the passport control area and weighing hand luggage with portable weighing devices. They were mostly seen at T2. Actually, I've only ever seen them at T2 and not T3.

But that was at 4Q2014. Haven't seen those hand luggage "police" since then.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by RCTP
Hmm. I have seen CAG staff at Changi Airport, claiming to be working with SQ, walking around the passport control area and weighing hand luggage with portable weighing devices. They were mostly seen at T2. Actually, I've only ever seen them at T2 and not T3.

But that was at 4Q2014. Haven't seen those hand luggage "police" since then.
Could this be a seasonable thing? 4Q is after all, peak travel season, so policing oversized and overweight hand luggage makes sense if flights are consistently at max capacity.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:19 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by redvelvetmartinis
Could this be a seasonable thing? 4Q is after all, peak travel season, so policing oversized and overweight hand luggage makes sense if flights are consistently at max capacity.
My experience on SQ is that it's not the peak seasons, but peak hours that have full luggage lockers. And it's not the flights to SYD or LHR but the shorter flights with high proportion of business traffic in economy that are the problems, eg BKK, CGK, MNL etc, particularly coming back on a Friday night where you want to just get home.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:53 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Elite Gold
I had my carry-on weighed at check-in recently at MEL heading for SIN in J, and it was 9.2kg.
Nothing was said, and I was allowed to keep it with me.
I did notice that were a number of empty seats in Business Class that flight.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:16 am

I fly out of SIN almost every week. Mostly Handluggage only (Trolley plus Laptopbag). No questions asked. Same at outstations.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by SQ325
I fly out of SIN almost every week. Mostly Handluggage only (Trolley plus Laptopbag). No questions asked. Same at outstations.
Even on Scoot, Tiger, or JetStar?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club

JFK-FRA last month my wife and i had our carry-ons weighed at check-in (J desk, *G in Y), but the agent didn't seem to mind that mine was 8kg (camera equip) and just put the hand baggage tags on them.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: UA 1K/Million Miler, AA Platinum, Starwood Preferred Gold, Marriot Gold, HHonors Silver
I think the experience varies. Was flying SUB-SIN-MAA - came in on GA, connecting to SQ. Transfer desk never questioned the weight of my back pack style carry-on- which was around 9kg. My boss was also not questioned on his fully stuffed wheeled carryon - it was max size 22 x 9 x 14. Don't even want to guess how heavy that was. We were in Economy, and had no issues.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by weero
Even on Scoot, Tiger, or JetStar?
We are at SQs Forum or did i miss something?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:01 pm

We are at SQs Forum or did i miss something?
SQ=Singapore ...

But technically, you are right.

So have you?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by weero
SQ=Singapore ...

But technically, you are right.

So have you?
Okay

Tigerair = Yes, quite a while ago. Experience not to be repeated. Handluggage was not weigted to my vague rememberance.
Scoot = No. The flight timings mostly not suiting me.
JetStar = No.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:56 am

..Tigerair = Yes, quite a while ago. Experience not to be repeated. Handluggage was not weigted to my vague rememberance.
Scoot = No. The flight timings mostly not suiting me.
JetStar = No.
Sounds very similar to my experience except that I have a tad more Scoot exposure.

Oddly enough, they did weigh the hand luggage when I purchased the 2x pieces of handluggage. Without the extra allowance, they did not care ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.