Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore airlines 7kg cabin luggage allowance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore airlines 7kg cabin luggage allowance

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by weero
Btw I had my carry on weighed at PER, SIN, FRA, ZRH, MUC .. it does happen.
Wow. Are you carrying a sticker "SQ I hate you?"
Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by SQ325
Wow. Are you carrying a sticker "SQ I hate you?"
It should read "SQ hates me" though. My feelings make hardly any SQ employee check my stuff.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:46 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Or maybe the piece of "cabin" luggage has dimensions closer to check-in luggage?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
I've had mine weighed several times, but mostly in outstations and not at Changi. On my way back from BLR recently they weighed every passengers bag, and many were asked to pay for an extra check-in.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller
I've had mine weighed several times, but mostly in outstations and not at Changi. On my way back from BLR recently they weighed every passengers bag, and many were asked to pay for an extra check-in.
I have yet to see this happening in India. Would be a good move.

At most of the destinations out of India they seem not to care at all, neither size or weight or number of handluggage seem to bother anyone from the ground staff.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:11 am

I've only had mine checked once, this was just before security at Brisbane International Airport - so not actually by SQ staff. Mine was over the allowance, however I had my laptop and coat in the bag - I offered to take both out (as these are allowed separate to the luggage), but the staff member assured me "I know how much a laptop weighs". I was allowed to continue.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by aster
Or maybe the piece of "cabin" luggage has dimensions closer to check-in luggage?
Nope, not even approximating the cabin bag limits in size.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Nope, not even approximating the cabin bag limits in size.
Was check-in luggage balancing over the limit? Sometimes when you check a lot of stuff in they tend to pay more attention to whatever else you have destined as hand luggage.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 5:34 am

Was check-in luggage balancing over the limit? Sometimes when you check a lot of stuff in they tend to pay more attention to whatever else you have destined as hand luggage.
In most cases, I was far from the 40kg, respectively 50kg which was the allowance then.

In one case I was right at the limit and he hand luggage was too heavy (8.5kg) for the lady to love it. So she made me pack my surplus crap into my jacket. Which saved a lot of fuel for SQ ...
Old Aug 7, 2014, 5:56 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Welcome to FT ^ !

Btw I had my carry on weighed at PER, SIN, FRA, ZRH, MUC .. it does happen.
Never happened to me in SIN, FRA and MUC before with SQ.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: UA Plat
My carry on was weighed yesterday at IAH for the DME flight. Though it seemed cursory, the guy handling the weighing was bogged down with family that looked like they were moving . . . lots of bags to check.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:16 am

In one case I was right at the limit and he hand luggage was too heavy (8.5kg) for the lady to love it. So she made me pack my surplus crap into my jacket. Which saved a lot of fuel for SQ ...
I had the same thing at Gatwick once, just took stuff out of my hand luggage, put them on the floor, weighed the bag again (got the all-clear this time), proceeded to put those things back into my bag... and moved on.

The only result was that we both wasted 2 minuted of each other's time.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
I had the same thing at Gatwick once, just took stuff out of my hand luggage, put them on the floor, weighed the bag again (got the all-clear this time), proceeded to put those things back into my bag... and moved on.

The only result was that we both wasted 2 minuted of each other's time.
I never understand this behaviour why do they bother?
Old Aug 9, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Marriott PP/LT Plat, Golden Circle Diamond
Originally Posted by blahter
Flew JFK-SIN in early June. SQ was weighing carry-ons at check-in. I had to move some stuff to my checked bag.
+1, had to play that game in SFO as well....

They are much more lenient on bags in biz class (obviously you pay much more for it).

Yes, they are stingy on everything in the Y cabin.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:38 am

Programs: UNITED 1P
In my expereince also SQ has been pretty strict on the carryon suitcase weight. It's been weighed at almost every airport I have been to. Very annoying indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.