Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
NYC - SIN NonStop in 2018 on A350 ULR

Originally Posted by paperwastage
for nonstop? once they take delivery of their new A350-900 ULR sometime in 2018

note: SQ actually haven't confirmed routes yet.

it's all speculation based on the range on the A350-ULR.
some routes (SIN-EWR nonstop) would almost be certain(bragging rights for longest nonstop+captive market for nonstop route)
some (SIN-LAX) may or may not be if they decide to attack another market(though lax is likely since it had been a nonstop route before)
I'm ready for the nonstop NYC - SIN to open. 2018 can't come soon enough. It would be great to have some idea of when in 2018 that'll start. Anyone have any clue?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Braswch
I'm ready for the nonstop NYC - SIN to open. 2018 can't come soon enough. It would be great to have some idea of when in 2018 that'll start. Anyone have any clue?
Will there be Suites on new ULR?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Braswch
No idea but I really wish they had it now. I'm looking to head to SIN this summer.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Is there a complete listing about Singapores seat products ex- each US city somewhere?

Yes Id like to fly their J product at minimum (F if ever there was partner award space) but honestly reading J reviews makes me concerned about J product comfort for long hauls. I like a comfy bed and leg room.

Speaking if NYC-SIN nonstop in 2018 Im anxious as well to see what they will offer for 17 hours of airline bliss 🙂
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by terbangalways
Will there be Suites on new ULR?
A simple Google search would have shown you that there is no F or R on the A350.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by Phaze
A simple Google search would have shown you that there is no F or R on the A350.
The current A350's don't have First or suits. However they have confirmed the URL A350's will have a different configuration with 170 seats but haven't confirmed the seats, classes etc. 170 is quite a reduction from the current 253 so there is a chance it may have F.

They also have't confirmed the routes, it might not be going to NYC.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:41 pm

Have flown A359 to AMS several times in J. No F i know.
Was referring to ULR that's yet to be confirmed.

Last edited by terbangalways; Apr 29, 2017 at 8:50 pm
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by FN-GM
170 is quite a reduction from the current 253
Because Y will be removed.

so there is a chance it may have F.
Yes, technically there is a chance. In the same sense that there is a chance that China will recognise Tibet as a sovereign state.

it might not be going to NYC.
I can clear that up for you right now; it will be going to NYC, a west coast city and likely a third city, my guess being Chicago or Washington at the moment.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: SQ & QF
I can clear that up for you right now; it will be going to NYC, a west coast city and likely a third city, my guess being Chicago or Washington at the moment.
That is an educated guess, probably will be true, but still not been confirmed.

They have confirmed that SFO will be swapped with a URL frame.

Why are you being rude? There is no need for it.
Old May 1, 2017, 1:10 am

When booking an award with SQ miles if I book NYC-SIN in business class is it possible to switch to suites class if a seat opens up later? Is there a cost for doing so? Also, I'm trying to do this trip mid-june into early july. I see almost no waitlist availability this time for J. Is it just too early yet for those waitlists to open up? I see a lot of waitlist options for May but then it goes to nothing in June so I thought maybe it opens up like a month before. Any ideas? I would hate to dump all my points into the program and then not be able to redeem.

Last edited by Red259; May 1, 2017 at 6:25 pm
Old May 4, 2017, 6:55 pm

Apologize if this isn't the right place, but I'm new to FlyerTalk.

About to take my first flight on SQ PE this summer (IAH-MAN-SIN), and I'm wondering what everyone's experiences have been with the food/service/seat etc. Any details y'all could provide would be wonderful, thanks!
Old May 6, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: A3*G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by rovv123
Apologize if this isn't the right place, but I'm new to FlyerTalk.

About to take my first flight on SQ PE this summer (IAH-MAN-SIN), and I'm wondering what everyone's experiences have been with the food/service/seat etc. Any details y'all could provide would be wonderful, thanks!
I suggest having a look into one of the existing threads regarding the Y+, e.g. this one:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...y-product.html
Old May 6, 2017, 3:27 pm

Has anyone here been successful in getting off the waitlist for CPT->SIN flight ? If yes , how far in advance of departure ?

Cureently on waitlist for the flight on August .. Still haven't gotten off yet and want to gauge my chances
Old May 6, 2017, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
Has anyone here been successful in getting off the waitlist for CPT->SIN flight ? If yes , how far in advance of departure ?

Cureently on waitlist for the flight on August .. Still haven't gotten off yet and want to gauge my chances
what i normally do in that situation is check to see how many seats are still open. Wont give you a definite answer but will give you a hint as to your chances.
Old May 6, 2017, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
what i normally do in that situation is check to see how many seats are still open. Wont give you a definite answer but will give you a hint as to your chances.

Thanks. Yeah I did that already

I think my chances for weekend departure is low but weekday might be possible. I am wait listed for both

I just dunno what's the seat quota for ex-JNB and ex-CPT flights. However I know they are diff bc for some reason I noticed the award seat availability for ex-JNB is greater even though they are both the same flight / plane

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.