Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ A380 Business Class Seat Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2024, 11:21 pm

Just booked IAH-MAN-SIN-SYD. Business Cabin is wide open for seat selection other than the coveted 11, 91, 96 center aisle seats. What seats available would you suggest? Appears the rear cabin is favored by many. Is any of the currently available seats better than the others? I'm a solo traveler, and about 5' 8.5' or 174cm tall. I'm currently in 93A.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 2:10 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fluffpanda
Just to confirm, the A/K seats on the A380 in row 96 doesn’t have the extra footrest area? Just the centre seats?
It has a little bit extra compared to the regular seats elsewhere on the plane but not a full open footwell like D/F. You will still rely on the cubby hole to sleep. Here's a pic of 96A courtesy mainlymiles.com.

Singapore_Air likes this.

Last edited by bpk6h; Jan 16, 2024 at 2:15 am
Old Jan 16, 2024, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by bpk6h
It has a little bit extra compared to the regular seats elsewhere on the plane but not a full open footwell like D/F. You will still rely on the cubby hole to sleep. Here's a pic of 96A courtesy mainlymiles.com.

Thanks! That helps us a lot!
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by fluffpanda
Thanks! That helps us a lot!
FWIW, I got quite lucky today between an absolutely exceptional crew (which I don't say lightly) and a half empty rear cabin.

I selected 96A when the bulkheads opened. During boarding, crew proactively informed me that 96D was empty and asked if I would like to move, as 96D doesn't restrict you to the cubby hole. As a window watcher, I declined (I had made the choice for A over D when selecting my seat originally), but was appreciative that they thought to ask. I overheard them offer the same choice to at least one other person further up the cabin, but evidently nobody took the offer.

Once in the air, FA came by again and offerred to turn down 96D as my bed so I could stick to just eating and lounging in 96A. This was the first time I can recall crew offering to turn down a seat dedicated as your bed and let you have another for everything else. I've certainly had this in F (e.g., LH, CX) but not in J on SQ or any others (e.g., JL, CX, BR, EY, OZ, LX, AC, UA, GF, TG, HU, QH, etc).

There was someone in 96F, but given the privacy divider, an empty 97A, the combined space of 96A and 96D, and the privacy of the rear cabin in general, the amount of space and privacy could rival F.
To top it off, every time I switched between laying down in the bed and going back to my original seat to watch shows or work or eat, the crew always re-made the bed.

Long story short, while it can be hard to weigh a preference for the window part of the window bulkheads against the preference for a better sleeping experience, in rare cases you may get lucky and get both. And if debating between 96A vs 96K, you may want to select the one adjacent an empty middle, if available. That may require checking the seat map up to the last minute.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Nazdoom
FWIW, I got quite lucky today between an absolutely exceptional crew (which I don't say lightly) and a half empty rear cabin.

I selected 96A when the bulkheads opened. During boarding, crew proactively informed me that 96D was empty and asked if I would like to move, as 96D doesn't restrict you to the cubby hole. As a window watcher, I declined (I had made the choice for A over D when selecting my seat originally), but was appreciative that they thought to ask. I overheard them offer the same choice to at least one other person further up the cabin, but evidently nobody took the offer.

Once in the air, FA came by again and offerred to turn down 96D as my bed so I could stick to just eating and lounging in 96A. This was the first time I can recall crew offering to turn down a seat dedicated as your bed and let you have another for everything else. I've certainly had this in F (e.g., LH, CX) but not in J on SQ or any others (e.g., JL, CX, BR, EY, OZ, LX, AC, UA, GF, TG, HU, QH, etc).

There was someone in 96F, but given the privacy divider, an empty 97A, the combined space of 96A and 96D, and the privacy of the rear cabin in general, the amount of space and privacy could rival F.
To top it off, every time I switched between laying down in the bed and going back to my original seat to watch shows or work or eat, the crew always re-made the bed.

Long story short, while it can be hard to weigh a preference for the window part of the window bulkheads against the preference for a better sleeping experience, in rare cases you may get lucky and get both. And if debating between 96A vs 96K, you may want to select the one adjacent an empty middle, if available. That may require checking the seat map up to the last minute.
Thank you for all the info! Thankfully it's me and my husband traveling together, so we have selected 97A & K for now, hoping to snag 96 A&K when it opens up. I think it'll probably be a full-ish flight as it's the LHR - SIN route. and maybe if the stars align, the middle seats will be free and we'll be able to do that too!
AndDee likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 3:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
I was in 96 K for my flight and loved the seat.

This bulkhead seat had more space than all the other regular J class seats and a decent view of the outside without the wing blocking everything.

I was concerned that the TV screen being a tad higher at this seat would bother me but it did not at all.

My only criticism of the seat as many others have mentioned is that the surface is much too hard. Strangely I did have a great sleep on this "hard" bed. I normally do not sleep well on flights.

Somewhat close to the rear galley but did not hear much noise at all from there.

For single travellers I do recommend 96 A & K if you can get it.

Last edited by Eagle2000; Mar 9, 2024 at 7:05 am Reason: spelling, correct seat #
Old Mar 6, 2024, 6:58 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Eagle2000
I was in 97 K for my flight and loved the seat.

This bulkhead seat had more space than all the other regular J class seats and a decent view of the outside without the wing blocking everything.

I was concerned that the TV screen being a tad higher at this seat would bother me but it did not at all.

My only criticism of the seat as many others have mentioned is that the surface is much too hard. Strangely I did have a great sleep on this "hard" bed. I normally do not sleep well on flights.

Somewhat close to the rear galley but did not hear much noise at all from there.

For single travellers I do recommend 97 A & K if you can get it.
That's great, but 97 is the last row on A388 upper deck Biz cabin and not a bulkhead. 96 is the bulkhead in the mini cabin.
FlyerEC and Eagle2000 like this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 12:12 am

I just booked 2 business classes for myself and my wife for next year in March 2025 and there are some questions I would like to clarify from Singapore to Sydney segment and hope you guys assisting us would be appreciated to make our experience more memorable and well planned =)

1) We would love to take row 11, 91 or 96 double bed and I just learnt they are blocked leaving to PPS Club members to book first. When are they usually released? Is it 48 hours or 96 hours (since I am not sure for this route would category it falls to) so that we book it as soon as it opens up (subject to availability of course). You can see the seat map below, plenty of normal seats to choose from (and we have not chosen the seats yet)

2) Whether it is 48 or 96 hours deadline, what is the timezone that the seats will be unblocked (if available)? Singapore time? Sydney time? etc

3) We have not chosen the seats yet, so let's say I go and choose the normal seats now and 48/96 hours before departure, I see the double bed available, can I amend the seats straight away?

4) As said, we both have not chosen the seats yet, I am a big fan of window seat and my wife wouldn't mind sitting behind, from 12A to 18A (given further back will block the wing span view), we will seat one behind, which would be a good window seat that is not blocked or even so, you don't need to lean forward or behind to see the view but rather just turn your shoulder slightly comfortably if you know what I mean? We are thinking 12A and 14A (as per photo attached), are they good window position?

5) When is the Cook The Book able to book in advance? And say you are not full after the pre ordered meal, can you still order the regular business meal (or whatever is available?)

6) Which our business class tickets (no other status), which lounge are we allowed to access in Singapore airport since I know there are several of them as well as in Zurich (since we have 3 1/2 hours layover over there before continuing to Singapore)

Thanks in advance!

Old Apr 17, 2024, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by gobear

2) Whether it is 48 or 96 hours deadline, what is the timezone that the seats will be unblocked (if available)? Singapore time? Sydney time? etc

3) We have not chosen the seats yet, so let's say I go and choose the normal seats now and 48/96 hours before departure, I see the double bed available, can I amend the seats straight away?

4) As said, we both have not chosen the seats yet, I am a big fan of window seat and my wife wouldn't mind sitting behind, from 12A to 18A (given further back will block the wing span view), we will seat one behind, which would be a good window seat that is not blocked or even so, you don't need to lean forward or behind to see the view but rather just turn your shoulder slightly comfortably if you know what I mean? We are thinking 12A and 14A (as per photo attached), are they good window position?

5) When is the Cook The Book able to book in advance? And say you are not full after the pre ordered meal, can you still order the regular business meal (or whatever is available?)

6) Which our business class tickets (no other status), which lounge are we allowed to access in Singapore airport since I know there are several of them as well as in Zurich (since we have 3 1/2 hours layover over there before continuing to Singapore)

Thanks in advance!

96 hours from the departure time. You can switch to the bulkhead even if you have selected other seats in advance.

Unfortunately, rows 12 and 14 are over the wing so no view. The only seats not over the wing are essentially rows in the 90s. There's a better diagram here.

If I recall correctly, Book the Cook is usually available from around 4 months before departure.

At Changi, you will have access to the Silverkris Lounge.

Last edited by bpk6h; Apr 17, 2024 at 3:14 am
Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:05 am

96 hours from the departure time. You can switch to the bulkhead even if you have selected other seats in advance.

Unfortunately, rows 12 and 14 are over the wing so no view. The only seats not over the wing are essentially rows in the 90s. There's a better diagram here.

If I recall correctly, Book the Cook is usually available from around 4 months before departure.

At Changi, you will have access to the Silverkris Lounge.

Thank you very much for the answers!

Also, another thing, my wife and I have separate reservation because when I made the booking at first, I realise there was a gender mistake where my wife was Mr. instead of Mrs. so I had to go and fix it
For some reason, they had to cancel it and gave me a new reservation, so it becomes now a 2 different reference.
Surely it is not a problem since I can choose the seats
But however, if we do indeed get to choose the double bed seater 96 hours prior, is it a requirement that AT LEAST 2 passengers that can book in 1 reservation? Or its also no problem booking even I have to log in 2 separate times and choose the seats individually?
Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by gobear
Thank you very much for the answers!

Also, another thing, my wife and I have separate reservation because when I made the booking at first, I realise there was a gender mistake where my wife was Mr. instead of Mrs. so I had to go and fix it
For some reason, they had to cancel it and gave me a new reservation, so it becomes now a 2 different reference.
Surely it is not a problem since I can choose the seats
But however, if we do indeed get to choose the double bed seater 96 hours prior, is it a requirement that AT LEAST 2 passengers that can book in 1 reservation? Or its also no problem booking even I have to log in 2 separate times and choose the seats individually?
Not a problem to reserve those seats under 2 reservations. As I understand from others here, you need to call up or use the online chat function at T-96 to reserve those seats. So it will just be a matter of providing the agent the 2 PNRs.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 6:39 pm

Not a problem to reserve those seats under 2 reservations. As I understand from others here, you need to call up or use the online chat function at T-96 to reserve those seats. So it will just be a matter of providing the agent the 2 PNRs.
Thank you very much for your help!
I will now mark 96 hours from the time of departure and hopefully, we can fill our luck!
Cheers
Old Apr 18, 2024, 5:38 am

Programs: SQ TPP
Also, although Row 12 and 14 are over the wing, it is the very front of a big wing so they still have a great view forward and down. Otherwise you need to go a long way back to look forward and under the wing.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by MEL-World
Also, although Row 12 and 14 are over the wing, it is the very front of a big wing so they still have a great view forward and down. Otherwise you need to go a long way back to look forward and under the wing.
Ah....so as long the wing between 12 and 14 are not completely blocked (like seeing the front engine) opposed to sitting in the middle, I will be happy with that =)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.