Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ A380 Business Class Seat Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2022, 7:04 am

F suites

I’m booked for two seats on JFK-FRA-SIN in Suites. 1A-2A is available JFK-FRA but not FRA-SIN. Is there any way I an get them to reserve 1A-2A on first leg and then wherever they need to seat us separately for FRA-SIN? I tried my phone twice but no luck.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 2:56 pm

No, there is no way of splitting the seat assignment into two segments like that, unless you somehow manage to split the underlying flight sector into two (which probably won't comply with the MCT at FRA).
Old Apr 5, 2022, 3:00 pm

On the new business class, other than the bulkheads, are any seats especially good or especially bad or is it a lot of the same?
Also, before I sit on hold, will they let me pre-select the bulkhead that has the bassinet without having the lap infant yet booked? I'm confirmed business and waitlisted suites, so I don't want to pay for the lap infant and risk paying twice, but it would be nice to preselect the bulkhead that has the bassinet option.
Old May 28, 2022, 8:40 pm

I'm looking at flights from Australia. I currently have two choices. 1.) SYD-SIN-FRA-JFK or 2.0 BNE-SIN-NRT-LAX. Both options start with the A350 from Australia to Singapore. 1st options then becomes the A380. Second option 777. Flying J. Option 1 has a 24 hour layover in Singapore with an arrival at 00:20 and departure at 11:55pm for about a total of 54 hours travel time. Option 2. total travel time. Are the newer A380 seat preferred over the older 777-300ER seatby many? Which in your opinion is the overall best option taking everything into consideration from hard prduct, travel time, seats etc assuming I do not get a bulkhead seat?

Last edited by diverg; May 28, 2022 at 8:56 pm
Old May 29, 2022, 10:11 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by diverg
I'm looking at flights from Australia. I currently have two choices. 1.) SYD-SIN-FRA-JFK or 2.0 BNE-SIN-NRT-LAX. Both options start with the A350 from Australia to Singapore. 1st options then becomes the A380. Second option 777. Flying J. Option 1 has a 24 hour layover in Singapore with an arrival at 00:20 and departure at 11:55pm for about a total of 54 hours travel time. Option 2. total travel time. Are the newer A380 seat preferred over the older 777-300ER seatby many? Which in your opinion is the overall best option taking everything into consideration from hard prduct, travel time, seats etc assuming I do not get a bulkhead seat?
That's a hugely open ended question... comparing two routes with different start and finish cities, no indication of your priorities. If you haven't been to Singapore before then a 24 hour layover is a good chance to enter the city briefly (though may cause complications for pre-departure testing to the USA?). Personally I prefer the width of the B777 seat but others prefer that the A380 seat converts smoothly into a bed without having to stand up. The route via Japan will likely have some Japanese meals offered; via Frankfurt will be more Germanic.
Assuming that the lack of other options from Sydney means you are looking on dates that are heavily booked so you might not have much choice of seating within the cabin.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
On the new business class, other than the bulkheads, are any seats especially good or especially bad or is it a lot of the same?
Also, before I sit on hold, will they let me pre-select the bulkhead that has the bassinet without having the lap infant yet booked? I'm confirmed business and waitlisted suites, so I don't want to pay for the lap infant and risk paying twice, but it would be nice to preselect the bulkhead that has the bassinet option.
My first time flying the A380 with new seats last night - selected my usual bulkhead seat thinking it would be the same as in the A350 or 777, but the window seats still have the cubby holes ......
Only the middle seats have the wider footrest .....not a fan of these seats, feels more cramped
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by MEL-World
You are correct. They are reserved for elite (PPS) members until a couple of days before departure. Some are also bassinet seats.
Any idea if its 48h or 72h in advance so i can set an alert for one of my upcoming flights?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:25 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sl00001
My first time flying the A380 with new seats last night - selected my usual bulkhead seat thinking it would be the same as in the A350 or 777, but the window seats still have the cubby holes ......
Only the middle seats have the wider footrest .....not a fan of these seats, feels more cramped
I'm with you on this one...I really don't like the A380 J seat.
FlyerEC, sl00001, nilsfr69 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Bierjunge
Hi all,

I booked an (Miles & More) award in business class yesterday with one leg being on SQ26 (FRA-JFK) on the A380. According to the seat map it should be their new Business Class product.

Now I noticed that the rows 11, 91, and 96D&F in the bulkhead are not selectable on their website while they are available on expert flyer.

Is that some glitch on the SQ website/expert flyer or are they reserved for their high tier club members?

Thanks for your feedback!
Bierjunge
Can I get 91D&F if I have 2 x infant but no status?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by sammyg901
Can I get 91D&F if I have 2 x infant but no status?
Yes, if those bassinets are still available.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sl00001
They also advertise the middle bulkhead seats with the wider footrest as "double bed" even though they are exactly the same as all the other middle seats. The only difference is you can now sleep straight (if you're short) vs angled into a cubby.
My main complaint is that the A350 seats folded down with a mattress pad, these A380 seats just recline into a flat position and not more mattress pads!
Old Jul 17, 2022, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by SFOvacations
They also advertise the middle bulkhead seats with the wider footrest as "double bed" even though they are exactly the same as all the other middle seats. The only difference is you can now sleep straight (if you're short) vs angled into a cubby.
My main complaint is that the A350 seats folded down with a mattress pad, these A380 seats just recline into a flat position and not more mattress pads!
Are you saying the bulkhead middle seats are a shorter bed than the angled, or is it just the same length just not being at an angle is naturally shorter?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 2:49 pm

I am booking a friend with my miles, flying her SQ into SIN in suites and out on SQ (8 hours later) in eeeeconomy. Will she have Krisflyer lounge access? I need to set her expectations, lol. Thanks in advance.

Edit: oops. Can someone please direct me to the right place? Thx!

Last edited by katsgone79; Aug 7, 2022 at 2:50 pm Reason: I forgot this was just for business seats
Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:58 am

Arriving into SIN on Suites provides access to The Private Room (TPR) regardless of onward flight (yes, even if the onward flight is in Y, or when there is no onward flight at all). She just needs to walk into TPR by showing her arrival boarding pass.
katsgone79 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:51 pm

My wife and I are booked in Row 91 in the middle. Do we have to do anything special to get the double bed configuration, or will they see two people booked on the same confirmation in that row in the middle and take care of it (or is whatever it needs entirely able to be set up while airborne)? It seems like in some pictures the bedding is one big sheet instead of two individuals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.