Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ A380 Business Class Seat Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: VA- Platinum
What are the general thoughts on 11D/F in "Old" J? This is for a couple.

The extra foot room looks good but searching the thread it seems there is cold air from the stairs? Seatguru also says the WC's are nearby.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by freebo

The extra foot room looks good but searching the thread it seems there is cold air from the stairs? Seatguru also says the WC's are nearby.
Those seats are fine. IIRC the toilet is actually close to the staircase so not as close to the seat as you would think. In other words it could be closer but it isn’t. It’s the biggest bathroom on the plane I believe. Foot traffic might happen but you’re quite far from the galley.

Cold air, yes I remember cold air. But the quilt is pretty good so that kept me cosy all flight. I’ve sat in seat 11A. No windows in row 11 too.
TipsyMcStagger likes this.

Last edited by Mlee888; Nov 26, 2019 at 10:02 am
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by freebo

11 D/F is the best seat!
Pros: Away from galley & bassinet, full foot space, slightly larger, more private, front of cabin, near but not too close to toilet.
Cons: Being too near or envious of Suites whilst seated in J.
This old A388 is my best SQ J seat. Hands down!

11 A/K is smaller than D/F. More exposed. Slightly forward towards the stairs.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: SQ TPP
Originally Posted by terbangalways
11 D/F is the best seat!

11 A/K is smaller than D/F. More exposed. Slightly forward towards the stairs.
And, as mentioned above 11 A/K have no windows. Quite dark and claustrophobic. Avoid.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:16 pm

My experience with seats 18D and 18F in the old A380 between JFK and SIN.

The seat itself is wider than I had use for and feels very firm, I had to sit on the larger pillow to be comfortable.

Babies in seats 17A and 17K can be heard even with the provided headphones on.

Proximity to the bathroom by the galley was convenient.

Noise from galley and bathroom seemed nonexistent.

If you're not around 6 foot tall, the screen will be higher than your head and makes it hard to watch tv. Tv has poor viewing angles and glare.

I found myself not using the extra foot space all that often.

Temperature wise I found it warm on the ground and cool in the air. With a blanket I was perfectly comfortable.

If I had to do it all again I would pick a few rows back from 18.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by night718
My experience with seats 18D and 18F in the old A380 between JFK and SIN.
Tv has poor viewing angles
Was this the case after using the screen tilt?
There is a button at the top of the screen (on the seat in front) that releases the screen from its holder. Admittedly this means only two viewing angles.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by jbfield
Was this the case after using the screen tilt?
There is a button at the top of the screen (on the seat in front) that releases the screen from its holder. Admittedly this means only two viewing angles.
I find the angles are fine. Just screen is a little higher and slightly further away.
sriegert likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:11 am

Hi there! I understand that rows 11, 91 and 96 are double bed seats for the new A380s. Could i check if anyone has sat on the middle rows for the other rows? Is there still a flat bed, and can the middle divider be brought down with the next seat?

Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by AdamLala
Hi there! I understand that rows 11, 91 and 96 are double bed seats for the new A380s. Could i check if anyone has sat on the middle rows for the other rows? Is there still a flat bed, and can the middle divider be brought down with the next seat?

Thanks!
hope it’s not too late, just flew one yesterday (managed to snatch one of the bulkhead 😄😄 ), from what I observed, the divider for other middle pairs can be brought down but it’s angled bed.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:34 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
CX flyer here out of MNL, but with all the possible travel bans due to the virus I am considering flying SQ MNL SIN to the NYC area, either JFK or EWR in June, I am not familiar with SQ long haul business class, only regional MNL SIN. Time is not a major factor, taking the long nonstop SIN EWR is intriguing, but, my wife and I have also never flown on an A380, though we have done 747 upper deck on DL several times. This would be paid business class. Which is the better product? The A380 or ultralong haul A350? For our dates in June, 2-30, the 2 stop to JFK on the A380 is almost 2xs the price than the nonstop to EWR same dates. Is it worth it? Any suggestions/advice?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by craig44485
CX flyer here out of MNL, but with all the possible travel bans due to the virus I am considering flying SQ MNL SIN to the NYC area, either JFK or EWR in June, I am not familiar with SQ long haul business class, only regional MNL SIN. Time is not a major factor, taking the long nonstop SIN EWR is intriguing, but, my wife and I have also never flown on an A380, though we have done 747 upper deck on DL several times. This would be paid business class. Which is the better product? The A380 or ultralong haul A350? For our dates in June, 2-30, the 2 stop to JFK on the A380 is almost 2xs the price than the nonstop to EWR same dates. Is it worth it? Any suggestions/advice?
Seat is much wider on A380. But A350 is also decent and newer cabin. Either, Try to grab bulkhead seats if you want more foot space.
I personally prefer the non-direct JFK over EWR as I'd like to walk around at FRA for a break.
But if JFK price is almost doubled of EWR then I would do EWR.
craig44485 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 2:31 am

Programs: SQ TPP
Originally Posted by terbangalways
Seat is much wider on A380. But A350 is also decent and newer cabin. Either, Try to grab bulkhead seats if you want more foot space.
I personally prefer the non-direct JFK over EWR as I'd like to walk around at FRA for a break.
But if JFK price is almost doubled of EWR then I would do EWR.
I agree, if you want space, a stopover and extra SQ service, go on the 1 stop 380 service via FRA. If price is important, take the non-stop.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 11:04 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
I looked at different dates to check prices again, and the A380 SIN>FRA>JFK still prices out about $1700 more then the nonstop A50 to EWR, $3288 versus $4900 USD, not sure why that is.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 4:11 am

I was in 17A on the old J A380 (SIN - LHR) and while being able to sleep straight was a luxury, the crew were way too noisy chatting away in the middle of the night for me to get a restful sleep. That and the light kept on coming through whenever the curtain would be opened. Never again for me. For the return flight, I picked a window seat in the middle of the cabin and got a solid 8 hours straight of sleep despite having to sleep on an angle being 6 foot+.

I do miss the days of living in HKG and being able to use the fantastic CX business class product.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Will SIN > FRA > JFK A380 J be on the new hard product by next September? I tried finding a retrofit/upgrade list and didn't see it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.