Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2017, 6:21 pm

I'd posted this in a separate thread, but thought I would re-post here since there is a lot more conversation about chasers in this thread.

I just got off the phone with SQ customer service, and the rep claims that chasers are no longer sent to expedite a waitlist clearing, and so refused to send chasers for my redemption bookings. Can anyone verify if this is the case? Thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by pennystinkard
I'd posted this in a separate thread, but thought I would re-post here since there is a lot more conversation about chasers in this thread.

I just got off the phone with SQ customer service, and the rep claims that chasers are no longer sent to expedite a waitlist clearing, and so refused to send chasers for my redemption bookings. Can anyone verify if this is the case? Thanks!
Hello, I had this problem before as well! Make sure you call KrisFlyer instead of normal reservations hotlines. Like any other line of work, agents' experience, knowledge and attitude can vary greatly. Do be persistent and polite when you ask, and feel free to place repeated calls. Good luck!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:58 pm

I just called SQ and the rep told me that they can only issue "chaser" for medical reasons and have to submit a document to prove it.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by lvft
I just called SQ and the rep told me that they can only issue "chaser" for medical reasons and have to submit a document to prove it.
Call again, I just had them do a chaser last week.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:36 pm

One of my waitlisted flights is being shown as available on the SQ website but agents are saying they cannot confirm due to 'quota issues'

SYD-SIN(stop)-LAX. SIN-LAX is the waitlisted that is being shown as available. SYD-SIN is SQ232. They said if I change my SYD-SIN flight to a different flight then they can confirm me onto my desired SIN-LAX flight/date. Not giving up my SYD-SIN flight. Quite frustrating and annoying. Not sure why which SYD-SIN flight I am on should have any bearing on my ability to clear into the available flight..

Just venting.

Also, one agent noted that as of earlier this month, they are 'unable' to send chasers if you already have a confirmed flight for the leg you are requesting a chaser for. FYI. Not confirmed but just reporting.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
HI , new to KF forum. Could someone clarify what 'chasers' are? Trying to make some big decisions on SPG points being moved to Krisflyer and trying to assess how often the KF waitlists clear. Many thanks in advance.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by reverted
One of my waitlisted flights is being shown as available on the SQ website but agents are saying they cannot confirm due to 'quota issues'

SYD-SIN(stop)-LAX. SIN-LAX is the waitlisted that is being shown as available. SYD-SIN is SQ232. They said if I change my SYD-SIN flight to a different flight then they can confirm me onto my desired SIN-LAX flight/date. Not giving up my SYD-SIN flight. Quite frustrating and annoying. Not sure why which SYD-SIN flight I am on should have any bearing on my ability to clear into the available flight..

Just venting.

Also, one agent noted that as of earlier this month, they are 'unable' to send chasers if you already have a confirmed flight for the leg you are requesting a chaser for. FYI. Not confirmed but just reporting.
Wow...you cleared for the new Suites flight? When is your departure date? I'm patiently hoping my SQ221 will clear for March
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by chongl
Wow...you cleared for the new Suites flight? When is your departure date? I'm patiently hoping my SQ221 will clear for March
Speculatively booked two Saver seats a month or two before they were announced. Glad it worked out for us haha. Best of luck with SQ221!
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Speculatively booked two Saver seats a month or two before they were announced. Glad it worked out for us haha. Best of luck with SQ221!
I also booked in that time frame...here's to hoping!
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:36 pm

Just venting.

So it seems thus far there have been a variety of responses to requests for chasers: 1) that you need a medical reason (with documentation to prove it) 2) that they no longer issue chasers, and they only do so for flights where seats are 'already available' (a tautological line of reasoning if you ask me) 3) that they don't send chasers if you already have a confirmed flight for the same leg. I wonder if they're just fed up with requests for chasers and are just giving callers any garden variety of responses, instead of sticking to a standard party-line, to shake us off as quickly as possible. Prior to this month I hadn't actually read anything on FT or other blogs to indicate that chaser requests would be turned down.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:19 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Update on my waitlists (I have 3 outstanding). One cleared-- 3 days prior to the departure, business class SEA to JFK, all legs cleared together, including a stopover. I let this one expire as my plans have changed.

The other two I am still waiting on, about 4-5 days out.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 9:55 am

Wow. Is SQ getting more ridiculous by cooking up reasons for not doing something?!

Originally Posted by lvft
Old Dec 31, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
My take is that too many people are using this mechanism these days and it never was intended to be used as such on this scale. Keep in mind most airlines Rev Mgmt teams aren't huge and they got many things on their plate out of which clearing award redemptions for infrequent flyers (like many of us KF Basics are deemed) isn't very high on the to do list I recon.

The call center can just generate chaser after chaser, but there aren't necessarily more people to review and then approve / decline requests. YMMV
davidj1 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:26 pm

I have been trying to follow this thread to figure out how to understand the process of waitlisting with Singapore Airlines. Just to add a DP , i got a text message from SQ saying that my wait list cleared. I tried booking flight back in april of 2017 for a Jan 2018 flight. I got notfication that waitlist is available for confirmation.

Onto the side story here. I wasn't really sure what the deal with waitlisting was and if it was too dangerous to wait, so i used a backup plan of booking J on eva. Now that my sq flight has clear wait listing i have to decide whether i want to do JFK-FRA-SING-BKK or just do eva JFK-TPE-BKK both are in J. I don't know how much this information will help people.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
It would be helpful to know what date in Jan.

Originally Posted by cm007d
I have been trying to follow this thread to figure out how to understand the process of waitlisting with Singapore Airlines. Just to add a DP , i got a text message from SQ saying that my wait list cleared. I tried booking flight back in april of 2017 for a Jan 2018 flight. I got notfication that waitlist is available for confirmation.

Onto the side story here. I wasn't really sure what the deal with waitlisting was and if it was too dangerous to wait, so i used a backup plan of booking J on eva. Now that my sq flight has clear wait listing i have to decide whether i want to do JFK-FRA-SING-BKK or just do eva JFK-TPE-BKK both are in J. I don't know how much this information will help people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.