Search

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2006, 9:09 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

I met Fellow Flyertalker and Hokie Alum Exerda at IAD Friday morning thanks to his FT luggag tag. Saw the tag and just yelled out, 'HEY FLYERTALK!!'

Saw him again at the 1k check in line after he confirmed that the lines for Mr. Chickin were ridiculously long.

Strap on those bag tags, folks! ^
Old May 9, 2006, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT & 2MM- Thank You, FT !!
Congratulations!!

Just did LAX - DFW - MCI - DFW - LAX with luggage, briefcase, carry-on and computer "festooned" with FT bright yellow tags........ NOTHING
Old May 10, 2006, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1P
I've been on about 50 flights since I got my tags including Europe, Austrailia and the RCC with the tags hanging on my carry-ons and luggage and not a peep from anyone and I haven't seen any myself. I guess I'm in the wrong places.
Old May 10, 2006, 7:09 pm

Programs: Luckest hitchhiker ever! WN CSA/SMF
They do work! I missed my flight home BWI-ORD and was put on the next flight back. Once in Chicago, I was stuck there from 1 PM till 9 PM! (I didn't mind though, since I met up with a fine lady flying back to Sacramento that day too and she was on standby. She REALLY loved the RCC too, I was pimpin' it up!) Anyway, I got on the last flight of the night in a E+ middle. I sat next to a gentleman who flys with Air Canada a lot and goes to Sacramento for business. He saw my tags when I sat down and we chatted about FT and *A the whole way to Sac! If I could only remember his name, it was great meeting you! ^
Old May 10, 2006, 7:25 pm

Just received my four tags this week! This weekend IND-MSP-IND so hopefully I'll see someone!
Old May 10, 2006, 8:36 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Twice in one week

Last Sunday:
I'm at the DFW AAdmirals Club, going for a run on the treadmill when one Seat1A spots the FT Tag on the carry-on I had brought in.

Last Thursday:
I'm at a gathering of special education professionals and their students, and I get to the room that my and then-unknown-to-me roomates are staying in...and on the floor where they had put their stuff is an FT Tagged bag.

Last edited by skye1; May 10, 2006 at 10:36 pm
Old May 10, 2006, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I just got some of these too the other day. Where do you put yours? I zip tied one to the top handle of my rollaboard next to my business card. I was thinking maybe it'd better go on the handle on the side since my rollaboard doesn't fit wheels first on most of the stuff I ride on. I don't want to look like a traveling circus though with the tags <g>.
Old May 10, 2006, 10:23 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
I have an official "zoot kase" tag (the same as arturo) an nobody ever seems to notice.

But when I wear my offical FT tee-shirt the percentages go way up
Old May 11, 2006, 3:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
Thumbs up Flyertalk Yellow Luggage Tags Really Work! First Time Recognition!

Dear Fellow Ft'ers,

Coming off of CO 3061 CLT-EWR today, my Flyertalk Yellow Luggage Tag enabled me to meet another Flyertalker....

As I exited the jetway, I hear someone call out, "Hey, Flyertalk!". It was Billiken. He was on his way to BWI and his flight was leaving from my gate and was going to use the plane I just used. We exchanged handshakes and handles and real names. Chatted for a bit before we both went on our way.

First time someone had recongnized my tag and started a conversation. An overall positive experience and it was a pleasure meeting Billiken in person. ^ ^ ^

Anyone else have a positive FT Luggage Tag experience?

- HobokenFlyer
Old May 11, 2006, 4:28 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Here's an older thread that covers this...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474422

and a recent one as well...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=556571

In short, my tag has allowed me to meet a UA Flight Attendant who also is an FTer, at least one random FTer at an airport, and a bunch of people at Dos.
Old May 11, 2006, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by HobokenFlyer
Dear Fellow Ft'ers,

Coming off of CO 3061 CLT-EWR today, my Flyertalk Yellow Luggage Tag enabled me to meet another Flyertalker....

As I exited the jetway, I hear someone call out, "Hey, Flyertalk!". It was Billiken. He was on his way to BWI and his flight was leaving from my gate and was going to use the plane I just used. We exchanged handshakes and handles and real names. Chatted for a bit before we both went on our way.

First time someone had recongnized my tag and started a conversation. An overall positive experience and it was a pleasure meeting Billiken in person. ^ ^ ^

Anyone else have a positive FT Luggage Tag experience?

- HobokenFlyer
Through the years I've met alot of fellow flyertalkers but I haven't had the good fortune of meeting Billiken yet and he's on the short list of people I'd like to meet...the only problem is he's based in CLE and only fly's on Jungle Jets...I'm based in IND and love 9's so our paths never seem to cross

PS I haven't had any luck yet with my tags and I've had them for years (well they did work but Do's shouldn't really count)
Old May 11, 2006, 6:03 pm
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Hi folks,

as we had two threads on page one with the same subject I took the freedom and merged those. Knock, knock: housekeeping...!

Take care!
ralfkrippner, community co-mod
Old May 11, 2006, 6:17 pm
Suspended

How do I get an FT tag?
Old May 11, 2006, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
How do I get an FT tag?
Under the store link at the top - they're a buck something ea.
Old May 12, 2006, 6:33 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Thumbs up

HobokenFlyer: Nice chatting with you too at EWR.

I also spotted Latitudes' FT tag on the BART a few weeks ago heading to SFO. Very nice/quick chat as he was on his way to SYD.

Mill Creek Don saw my FT tag at the ORD PClub last October.

A FTer from SEA spotted my FT tag at SJC but I don't remember her name.

I guess that makes four FT luggage tag "sightings" for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.