Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Award availibility for Christmas 2k3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2003, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK *S

I'm trying to book my flights for the Christmas. SAS is offering a very nice fare VLXSKOL, which I was able to book LAN-ORD-ARN-ORD-LAN (UA/SK) for $520. I'm now trying to book an award trip ARN-OSL-TOS-OSL-ARN through the SAS website and I keep getting the message, "No availibility for the outbound flight". How can this be? I tried just doing ARN-OSL-ARN, and there was availibility, and there was. And I even did SVG-TOS-SVG just to test it, and of course I came up with availibility routed like SVG-OSL-TOS-OSL-SVG.

So the question is, if there is availibility SVG-OSL-TOS, why isnt there availibilty OSL-TOS?

My outbound for this award trip is 12/18, and return 1/1/04.

On another related issue. Why is SAS dropping most of its routes OSL-ARN for 1/1/04? The earliest flight I found is
SK490 11:40 12:40

Normally there is
SK482 06:40 07:45
SK1492 08:10 09:15
SK492 08:40 09:45
SK484 09:20 10:20

Are all the SAS employees going on holiday and expecting no one to fly?
Old Sep 21, 2003, 11:38 pm

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
I think the reason to why you canīt book your award trip online is that OSL-TOS is operated by Braathens. Just call your local SAS ticket office and ask them for help.

And so to the 1/1/04 problem. Most of Europe is asleep the 'day after'. I donīt think SAS would have very high loads on a early morning on a public holiday.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 12:07 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
BU flights should show up on the award booking engine just fine. I personally have booked some award flights on them this way.

In addition, SK 374 (not on Saturdays) and 376 are operated by mainline SAS.

But I agree, calling the EB reservations line would be the thing to do in this situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.