Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Pandion onboard

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2009, 3:17 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Balboa
Yes..but not the normal way..probably some high person within sales or marketing..they usually get the EBG cards to be able to invite/follow important customers to lounges and e.t.c
Truly amazing...
Old Jul 22, 2009, 4:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Originally Posted by Balboa
Yes..but not the normal way..probably some high person within sales or marketing..they usually get the EBG cards to be able to invite/follow important customers to lounges and e.t.c
Getting OT but my friend is one of these guys. He works within sales at SK, but can hardly be seen as a 'high person'. Whenever he travels for work, he is travelling on 'paid' ticket (don't know what the price is SK charges itself), usually in C, and he then gets the normal miles & C-segments that quite easily makes him EBG.

They do get EBS automatically.

When travelling on ID-tickets they are not supposed to get lounge-entry regardless of travel class, but that rule is often not enforced in practice.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 5:34 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by niksal
When travelling on ID-tickets they are not supposed to get lounge-entry regardless of travel class, but that rule is often not enforced in practice.
Probably why they put the big black initials on the front of the card, bottom-right...

Agree that SK has biased entry rights, which varies with the wind direction...
Old Jul 28, 2009, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

EBP status has not been available to the purser on two of my flights over the last week (x BCN and x ZAG).

However, pursers on both flights did apologize when showing my card and came back later in the flight to explain that there was obviously a problem with the manifests from these stations.

But, in general, SK is doing it right with the onboard recognition now. ^
Old Jul 29, 2009, 12:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver, IHG Gold, RH VIP
SK_RSJ I seriously love reading your comments as I find them spot on for my field of interest. I actually think that loads of the FT members stops up and listens (reads) when you have a comment.

Keep up the good "work" and I'm looking forward to your next observations.

Thanks
Old Jul 29, 2009, 3:52 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Originally Posted by Cupart
SK_RSJ I seriously love reading your comments as I find them spot on for my field of interest. I actually think that loads of the FT members stops up and listens (reads) when you have a comment.
Fully agree on that. The small reports from SK_RSJ are always very informative and enjoyable. ^

Great to hear EBP is finally shaping up, with the amount of flying an EBP does and since SAS has actually made the effort to implement the EBP-level very deservedly it really should be something out of the ordinary (that also works).

I just wish there would be some improvements in the air for EBGs as well.
It's been many years since I noticed any kind of recognition whatsoever onboard that could be traced back to status.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
But, in general, SK is doing it right with the onboard recognition now. ^
And what recognition do you receive, other than greeting?

Any other benefits like food/coffee in economy (low economy)?

Edited to Add: Okay, reading the beginning of the thread, so they do offer you food, etc. - but if one cannot achieve this status without pure flying, then what benefit is this to the common man??

(I would like to know how many Pandions have been invited and who reside in Denmark - this would be an interesting question...)

PS: Just flew Norwegian Air Shuttle for the first time *direct* from DK to LGW, and it was pretty decent - much better than SK's economy! They are also competing with SK on domestic/Scandinavian/European/international routes, which is great to see!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Jul 29, 2009 at 4:28 am
Old Jul 29, 2009, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Recognition

These are some typical examples of EBP recognition:

-Gate agents wants to close the flight so tries to get everyone pass the gate to wait on the bridge instead of the gate lounge. When I show my card the GA says: Please sit down and wait here, I will let you pass ones the bridge is empty and hands me a newspaper (the stand is situated behind the gate).

-Free BoB including your co-travellers.

-Sometimes the FA offers the choice of the BoB meal as an alternative/compliment if in Y or C (european flights) as the BoB salmon is better than the Y salmon or the C salmon at times.

-Purser always recognizes you when de-boarding, maybe saying something like: "We will meet again sir, it was nice having you onboard today".

-Dedicated e-mail at SAS for all issues. Always get a quick answer or a call back. Be it complaints, reservation issues etc.

-Full availability of award seats on SK. Have been 100% successfull opening award seats on any flights that I have wanted, in the class I have wanted. For me and co-traveller.

-Lost baggage-counter. Had a delayed bag at ARN due very very short connection at CPH. The lost baggage-agent went together with me to the carousel to make sure the bag was not there and she then filled in the form while I was already on Arlanda Express. Very personal service.

-Was offered to bring a few bottles of NF home on a flight three weeks ago.

-It kind of boosts your ego when the purser announces to station 2: "We have a UM in 21C and a Pandion in 3D".

-You typically get some small comments from CI agents as well like "That was a shiny card, sir".

-Have been gate-upgraded at ARN three times this summer on OS flights. The gate is handled by SAS and my EBG co-travellers have been stuck in the back. Go count.

-Attention from CR used to be really really attentive, but now I am only using the "Pandion-hotline" so not applicable any more.

That said, I do have a few suggestions to SAS. But overall the experience is so different compared to a year ago.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 4:52 am

-It kind of boosts your ego when the purser announces to station 2: "We have a UM in 21C and a Pandion in 3D".
UM??

That said, I do have a few suggestions to SAS. But overall the experience is so different compared to a year ago.
Good to hear!

They now have to do a *lot* more to keep the normal pax on board...especially me, who will choose an LH flight over an SK one anytime, if flying in economy...
Old Jul 29, 2009, 5:02 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
UM??
UM: unaccompanied minors
Old Jul 29, 2009, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by Someone83
UM: unaccompanied minors
Got it - thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 2:29 am

Programs: EBG
A slight change...

This summer I had a trip with my wife and two kids. TRD-OSL-CPH-HEL and return HEL-OSL-TRD.
We had C-class. We got "special" attention in the TRD-OSL and OSL-TRD flights. It was towards the 15 last minutes of the flight the FA came and asked if I wanted something "else". So the kids got a Coke each for free. Other than that everything else was just normal.
Blue One had the flight to and from Helsinki (In C-class)

So it's slowly improving :-)

Last edited by VirreVapp; Aug 14, 2009 at 4:28 am
Old Aug 30, 2009, 1:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver, IHG Gold, RH VIP
SK_RSJ : It's been a while since last.

Have you stopped flying all together. I miss your reports
Old Sep 1, 2009, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Havnt stopped flying

Her we go, trip with 4 friends in M, homebound from LHR...

Checked in at LHR for ARN direct flight. Asked the CI agent if I could please bring all my friends to the lounge. He replied only one guest is allowed, sir. I asked him to please check with his supervisor. He came back after one minute saying No problem sir, I will call the lounge and tell them you are coming. Used the fast track security which was indeed fast. From CI to lounge in about 6 minutes.

Was greeted at the lounge reception with Oh, its you. Please give me the names of your friends so that we dont have to call you when they arrive (some of my co-travellers went for shopping).

Boarding at gate 11 as usual. The GA stops me with the: Oh, I was to upgrade you to Y+, but we unfortunately dont have space for the 5 of you, and I was not sure if you prefer to keep your M seat or not? I kept my M seat, but a nice touch from SAS. Why sit by myself in Y+ when there is complimentary BoB in M where my friends are

I have the aisle seat on this MD and when service starts the purser comes to me asking if my party is in the same row. I explains that the whole row is ours and the five of us then have free BoB for the entire trip. Very nice handling. The purser comes by a few times during the flight to chat about my flying habits etc. SHe said I probably had more travel days than the average flight crew
That obviously is not true. Or could it be that SK flight crew has way too many days off...

In all a very good EBP experience.

And as the EBP-supported HHonors Diamond card provided room upgrades and Exec Lounge access for the whole party as well (on a dirt cheap rate), I guess my friends owes me one or two after this trip.
Old Sep 1, 2009, 6:22 am

Programs: EBG
I had no problems getting

4 people into the OSL lounge last week. And we were NOT flying SK..

I'll head out tomorrow night again and see if the crew is "awake" or not. LHR calling again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.