Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Pandion onboard

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2009, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris flyalot
I also got the Diamond card, in the mail - however.... recently I tried to use it, and it appears it is "only" Gold??

Have spoken to HH CS, but they do not seem to be able to correct this, if indeed it is wrong?? anyway, would be nice to know if others have confirmed that the Diamond card, actually is Diamond?
I had a issue with the new card, but dealt directly with HH. They have confirmed to me it is valid for 24 months and I have used it at HH properties three times and it is indeed Diamond status. I actually got three Diamond cards mailed to me by now... What does it say on when you are logged on to hilton.com?
Old Jul 12, 2009, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Quintessentially no more

Got it confirmed now from member service that SAS have choosen not to give EBP members Quintessentially membership anymore "due to lack of interest from our members in this service").
Old Jul 12, 2009, 8:20 pm

Programs: SAS EBP, BA EC Gold, SPG Platinum, First Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, etc....
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
I had a issue with the new card, but dealt directly with HH. They have confirmed to me it is valid for 24 months and I have used it at HH properties three times and it is indeed Diamond status. I actually got three Diamond cards mailed to me by now... What does it say on when you are logged on to hilton.com?

Good to know that yours is working out. Have (also) been dealing with HH, directly - will try to see what happens during the next week. When logged in it "only" states "Gold", as it apparent;y does when the guys from HH look at it
Old Jul 12, 2009, 8:22 pm

Programs: SAS EBP, BA EC Gold, SPG Platinum, First Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, etc....
Got it confirmed now from member service that SAS have choosen not to give EBP members Quintessentially membership anymore "due to lack of interest from our members in this service").
Lack of interest could be due to never being invited??

Anyway, for the past two years I have been EBP, but never recieved any notification about this membership
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:08 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Does anyone know what big black letters "AT" or "AB" (on bottom right-hand side) mean on a EuroBonus gold card? I just sighted one of these at AAL...I don't think that it was a EBP card.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 4:53 am
Original Poster

There is a special EuroBonus-card (Blue, Silver, Gold and Pandion) with the letters "ITA" in black. It stands for "ID-ticket authorization".
Could that be it?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 4:56 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
There is a special EuroBonus-card (Blue, Silver, Gold and Pandion) with the letters "ITA" in black. It stands for "ID-ticket authorization".
Could that be it?
Yes, maybe I missed the "I" with the "TA", so what kind of a card is that then?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 7:00 am
jla

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Yes, maybe I missed the "I" with the "TA", so what kind of a card is that then?
It's used as proof of eligibility for ID (Industry Discount) tickets, the heavily discounted standby and restricted tickets available to airline industry employees.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by jla
It's used as proof of eligibility for ID (Industry Discount) tickets, the heavily discounted standby and restricted tickets available to airline industry employees.
And yet these guys can get EBG status??
Old Jul 13, 2009, 12:25 pm

HH Gold "only"

Seems I will "only" get Gold

Following is the response:

"I’m sorry that we haven’t been able to address this situation to your satisfaction and more importantly the delay in receiving a satisfactory resolution. Processing your request should be experience hassle free and your feedback is vital as we work to improve our process.

Upon researching your account we have determined during this process we erroneously upgraded your account to Diamond VIP. We have received confirmation that your account was only targeted to receive Gold VIP SAS Pendion status. We unfortunately are unable to extend your status to Diamond VIP. Mr. Flyalot, please accept our sincere apologizes for the time it has taken to resolve this for you. As a good will gesture a credit of 3,000 points was a pplied to your account for the inconvenience you have incurred trying to resolve this for you.

I agree this is not the type of service we want to provide our most valued customers. We appreciate your patience and continued loyalty as this concern has been addressed. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email us back."
Old Jul 13, 2009, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD *S, VS Gold, AFKL Petro Club
Not all Pandions are created equal? Seems strange
Old Jul 13, 2009, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Echo J
Not all Pandions are created equal? Seems strange
I don't know about you, but I have had very varying treatment from SK... (In this case it's from HH, but possibly via EB feedback??)
Old Jul 13, 2009, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD *S, VS Gold, AFKL Petro Club
I don't know about you, but I have had very varying treatment from SK... (In this case it's from HH, but possibly via EB feedback??)
Oh absolutely Us mere mortals should expect that though. But this is an invite-only level, you'd think that they really would go that extra mile for the small number of people they do give Pandion status to - that extra mile reasonably including treating all EBPs equally.
It does sound like EB have only paid HH for Gold in this case.

OTOH, as documented in this thread, it has historically been difficult to know where to set the bar for expections regarding Pandion recognition/perks.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 2:07 pm

in all fairness to SK, this likely has nothing to do with them - but rather the (better) abilities of SK_RSJ

Old Jul 22, 2009, 3:01 am

And yet these guys can get EBG status??
Yes..but not the normal way..probably some high person within sales or marketing..they usually get the EBG cards to be able to invite/follow important customers to lounges and e.t.c

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.