Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Vote: Should we make a thread for O/T and sticky it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vote: Should we make a thread for O/T and sticky it?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2007, 5:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Make the lounge thread stick and revise the title a bit. That should do the trick. If someone comes in and opens an OT thread, move it into the EB thread. Nothing seriously offensive or highly active happens here anyway and our good mod should be able to handle the workload.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 10:24 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Let me put it like this: I have moved about 10 posts and deleted a couple the weeks I have been moderating, so our forum will not be quite different.

Anyone have a good name for our possible sticky thread?
Old Apr 13, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Originally Posted by tommy777
Anyone have a good name for our possible sticky thread?
"FlyerTalking In The Eurobonus Lounge"

No, seriously, I think having "eurobonus lounge" in the title explains quite a lot..?
Old Apr 13, 2007, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe
No, seriously, I think having "eurobonus lounge" in the title explains quite a lot..?
Tommy was talking before about non-SK FTers who come into this forum, and about making it accessible to them too. I still think 'lounge' in the title of the thread makes it look like the topic of the thread is ... lounges.

cheers,

Henry
Old Apr 13, 2007, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Voting ends Sunday at 1800CET
Old Apr 13, 2007, 5:18 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I agree with aidanc here, there is no point fixing what isn't broken. Some other forums seem outright boring compared to the EB forum because of very strict moderation. As happy as I am to have one (and Tommy777 is a good choice), I have also been very happy how well we got along without a moderator.
Therefore, make the loungethread sticky if the need is there. There is absolutely no reason to create a new thread, that would be kind of insulting to all the posters of the old thread. Instead change the name if so must be to something like "The EB lounge thread for all your off topic needs"...

Basically what I am saying is, I would like to see the moderation to be done very, very sparsely. I have very rarely come across posts that I found needed moderation in this forum. Don't worry if it goes a bit off topic, that is the charm of our forum. Let's keep it that way!
Old Apr 14, 2007, 2:04 am

Programs: LH SEN
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61)

"The Eurobonus OT Lounge Thread" and make it sticky.

Other FT forums also have "ot lounge" threads, so the idea will not be alien to most FT regulars.

I'd also suggest a lounge meet-up thread. I saw ksaw mentioning he was in ARN yesterday in the ot lounge thread.

Putting a meet-up thread after the faq, and then the ot lounge thread will avoid confusion about the "lounge" aspect of the ot thread. I believe the order and names of the sticky will help alot.

Otherwise, just business as usual.

Aidan
Old Apr 16, 2007, 12:00 am
Original Poster

OK, I'm closing the thread now. It seems like there are some different views here, I will take it up with the senior mod and get back.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

OK, I have read through the tread and I have decided to sticky the Eurobonus Lounge Thread.

Let's try to keep the other threads a little more on topic so people can find answers when searching a little easier please

Also, when I feel like subjects are going a lot off topic, I will move the posts to the EB Lounge Thread

Thank you all!

-Tommy

Last edited by tommy777; Apr 19, 2007 at 6:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.