Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2023, 8:30 am

Programs: Various
Something is going on in the background but it doesn't have to be anything sinister. Maybe it is AMEX that will take over the M&M cards?

Just kidding....
Old Jul 22, 2023, 9:04 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
Something is going on in the background but it doesn't have to be anything sinister. Maybe it is AMEX that will take over the M&M cards?

Just kidding....
Hopefully the last good Swedish market credit card sign up bonus isn’t the black Strawberry credit card.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 7:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Our sister forum pprune reports that SAS Sweden is hiring: https://www.pprune.org/terms-endearm...cruitment.html
Old Jul 30, 2023, 3:04 am

Programs: SAS EBD, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United MileagePlus Silver, AA Lifetime Gold
Probably a question that gets asked quite a bit. If so, apologies for the extra thread.

But...has anyone heard anything from SAS about the possibility of launching a Lifetime Diamond programme? Coming up on 10 years qualifying as Diamond and was just curious as to whether we think they will get around to launching one. I was planning to ask the question at the last Gold/Diamond meet-and-greet, but ended up having to travel for work and missed it.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 6:06 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
When I look for award travel on the UA and SQ websites, I see no SK nonstop CPH-SFO flight from September 16 to October 17. The SK website shows a ridiculous 172K for economy for all dates in this range except for 30K on September 26. Is there something special going at this time of the year?
Old Aug 10, 2023, 4:49 am

Programs: SK*G/EBD
Originally Posted by dark_phoenix
Probably a question that gets asked quite a bit. If so, apologies for the extra thread.

But...has anyone heard anything from SAS about the possibility of launching a Lifetime Diamond programme? Coming up on 10 years qualifying as Diamond and was just curious as to whether we think they will get around to launching one. I was planning to ask the question at the last Gold/Diamond meet-and-greet, but ended up having to travel for work and missed it.
I asked about this at the event. This is considered too expensive so it will not happen.
I myself have received Gold for Life after 10 years as EBD, so would very much like to see this a reality, but I guess the "problem" is that there are just too many of us..

Also, SAS wants to make a bigger difference between EBG and EBD in order to reward the most loyal members, so I guess giving Diamond for Life crashes with that idea. Except the extremely few that may have been EBP for 10 years, if any..
Old Aug 10, 2023, 6:22 am

Programs: SAS EBD, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United MileagePlus Silver, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by AreGar
I asked about this at the event. This is considered too expensive so it will not happen.
I myself have received Gold for Life after 10 years as EBD, so would very much like to see this a reality, but I guess the "problem" is that there are just too many of us..

Also, SAS wants to make a bigger difference between EBG and EBD in order to reward the most loyal members, so I guess giving Diamond for Life crashes with that idea. Except the extremely few that may have been EBP for 10 years, if any..
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my post 🙂

The answer they gave you is disappointing, but not surprising.

I'm unsure if I want to keep Diamond long-term. Some kind of Lifetime programme would have kept me interested. Oh well, the best we can do is keep asking and maybe they'll think about changes in the future 🙃
Old Aug 31, 2023, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Finally, CPH has at least two of the CT bag scanners operating. They don’t seem to be as quick at CPH with getting me through as they are at ARN T5 with the CT bag scanners at the premium pax ARN T5 passenger screening checkpoint, but it’s better than what happens for me at IAD with the Analogic CT scanners when I’m doing IAD-CPH with Clear+PreCheck.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 9:20 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Finally, CPH has at least two of the CT bag scanners operating. They don’t seem to be as quick at CPH with getting me through as they are at ARN T5 with the CT bag scanners at the premium pax ARN T5 passenger screening checkpoint, but it’s better than what happens for me at IAD with the Analogic CT scanners when I’m doing IAD-CPH with Clear+PreCheck.
My last two stints in T5 had me queue for ±10 minutes in FastTrack because out of the 26 security lanes, 1 was op in FastTrack and 1 was open for regulars. The regular queue easily had a waiting time of 35 minutes+. There were ample staff hanging around doing nothing or sitting on benches playing with their phones behind security. Classic security in T2 is still fastest.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Anyone else here catch the USAF C-5 Galaxy at MMX on Saturday? Week 35 also had a B-2 landing in Norway. All this and more made for extra special sights in the SAS homelands.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 12:25 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Earlier this year I kept running into C-17s at CPH.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
That sounds really suspicious. Did the crew usually run out of the plane in panic when you ran in?
SK2751 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 1:12 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by RedChili
That sounds really suspicious. Did the crew usually run out of the plane in panic when you ran in?
Well, it was difficult to try and evade all the security that tried to tackle me Even the "DYKWIA?" or "I'm a diamond member!" did not seem to sway them...
GUWonder, RedChili and SK2751 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 1:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nick Art
I’ve been seeing C-17s at CPH repeatedly over the past dozen or so years, so C-17s at CPH is not a novelty to me, unlike US military helicopters damaging a bunch of newly delivered cars at a port elsewhere in Denmark. But a C-5 at MMX was a real novelty.

For what it’s worth and not related to all the C-17 sightings at CPH, CPH is a primary point for which the USG staffs for supplies for the USAF in Greenland and from which the US supplies the USAF in Greenland.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I am not the harshest critique of SK, and generally I am satisfied with SK as a carrier. But with this latest award they apparently got, and now are advertising on the app.... How many stars is it actually possible to get???

Fredrik74 and Tomas E like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.