Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:35 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
No it is just the usual ESG BS that companies spew out. Air Canada announced intentions and investment in the same company.

Electrical aircraft are potentially all fine and well, but as carrier this is really only a toy to look good on the ESG front. But someone has to pay the first mover cost so the technology can potentially become viable. But I doubt SK is in it for more than the press releases the next 10 years.
30 passenger limit with one FA and two cockpit crew? Those may end up being some pretty expensive fares for sub-200km flights.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I wonder how big the battery is needed to fly 200km.

I think the airlines announced intentions to make themselves look green. It's free to say they are intent to do this and that.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
30 passenger limit with one FA and two cockpit crew? Those may end up being some pretty expensive fares for sub-200km flights.
How many sub 200km flight does SK have? Århus and Rønne in Denmark. Though Rønne is not, I believe, a regular SK route.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:54 am
Suspended

How many sub 200km flight does SK have? Århus and Rønne in Denmark. Though Rønne is not, I believe, a regular SK route.
My mind is more on Norway and Sweden than domestic Denmark flights.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
A 200km flight kind of need some ground obstructions to make it viable, otherwise flying is not efficient. I guess there might be some hops in fjord land of Norway where water and mountains makes the ground trip much longer. But I am convinced there are not many.

Here is an interesting thought, after flying 200km, what is the recharge time to be ready for the next flight? These short hops need quite short turns.
GUWonder and the810 like this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CPH-MMX

A 200km flight kind of need some ground obstructions to make it viable, otherwise flying is not efficient. I guess there might be some hops in fjord land of Norway where water and mountains makes the ground trip much longer. But I am convinced there are not many.

Here is an interesting thought, after flying 200km, what is the recharge time to be ready for the next flight? These short hops need quite short turns.
200km it's perfect for taking a train. Why would I have to go to an airport and through security and boarding gate to fly 200km?

The plane might be made of PV boards and with several wind turbines to generate electricity while flying, so it can be charging most of the time. With a ultra super charger they might be able to do a 1h quick charge at the airport. But then the airport would need to have the chargers available by the gate which requires extra infrastructure and maybe they have to upgrade their power supply.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 5:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nacho
CPH-MMX
That should perhaps be considered a domestic Danish trip.

Not only because of irredentism, but also because so many Skane and Blekinge folk have turned out to be the great hope of what is left of the Dansk Folkeparti: Sweden becoming more like Denmark (even without Denmark getting back more of southern Sweden).
Old Sep 17, 2022, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CPH-MMX

200km it's perfect for taking a train. Why would I have to go to an airport and through security and boarding gate to fly 200km?

The plane might be made of PV boards and with several wind turbines to generate electricity while flying, so it can be charging most of the time. With a ultra super charger they might be able to do a 1h quick charge at the airport. But then the airport would need to have the chargers available by the gate which requires extra infrastructure and maybe they have to upgrade their power supply.
That is indeed the challenge for 200km flights. Though for Århus, the train has to take quite a detour. But then again Tirstrup Airport is not exactly Århus, but I guess the flights are saved by the general inefficiencies of Danish trains. (I still laugh at the fact that they built an insanely expensive new short cut train track from Copenhagen that actually lead to longer travel times to Odense and beyond)
Old Sep 17, 2022, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That should perhaps be considered a domestic Danish trip.

Not only because of irredentism, but also because so many Skane and Blekinge folk have turned out to be the great hope of what is left of the Dansk Folkeparti: Sweden becoming more like Denmark (even without Denmark getting back more of southern Sweden).
I totally understand why they want that - they want functional schools and healthcare (theoretically it's the case in DK), and they don't want daily shootings and people walking into their properties and take whatever they feel like, car break-ins etc.. In the little community I used to live in, I was part of a local social media group and people reporting that their gardening tools got stolen, and someone went into a shed to steal frozen food from a freezer. A friend of mine had someone broken into her shed and took the newly bought tyres. Also, in that group there were posts posted in Arabic - all these were kind of the problem in DK and they have taken extra miles to stop those issues, from making it difficult to get citizenship to let freeloaders taking up studies in Denmark. That's why you see a lot of Danish citizens bring in their partners and settled in Malmo area.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 6:20 am
Suspended

That's why you see a lot of Danish citizens bring in their partners and settled in Malmo area.
…. and here I thought it’s because they prefer to drive up to 200km and can afford more for less in Sweden than in Denmark.

I think it’s a safe bet that they won’t be filling up these 30 seater Swedish planes — whether it’s during such couples’ 3 month, 6 month or whatever stay in Sweden before settling in Denmark.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

…. and here I thought it’s because they prefer to drive up to 200km and can afford more for less in Sweden than in Denmark.

I think it’s a safe bet that they won’t be filling up these 30 seater Swedish planes — whether it’s during such couples’ 3 month, 6 month or whatever stay in Sweden before settling in Denmark.
The Danes who moved across - yes, not the Danish citizens who can't afford to pay the deposit to bring their spouses in.

The only way they can settle in DK without the deposit is after the spouse obtained Swedish citizenship and move to DK as Nordic citizens. However, if they receive any unemployment benefits they will be deported back to Sweden. By then they will be attached to Sweden that gives them no reason to move back - especially if they don't save enough up they can't afford the living cost in DK either.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 2:07 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Hey, any experts on SAS Eurobonus credit cards here?

I'll be moving to Denmark temporarily in 23 and was considering getting the Premium Mastercard. Any experience reports?
And does anybody know why the Amex is not available in Denmark?

Furthermore, would it be possible to have a Danish Eurobonus mastercard and a Norwegion Eurobonus AMEX at the same time? (After Denmark I might end up in Norway for some time)
Old Sep 18, 2022, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nick Art

I'll be moving to Denmark temporarily in 23 and was considering getting the Premium Mastercard. Any experience reports?

Furthermore, would it be possible to have a Danish Eurobonus mastercard and a Norwegion Eurobonus AMEX at the same time? (After Denmark I might end up in Norway for some time)
The last Amex card accounts for the Danish market have been some corporate Amex card accounts AFAIK.

Amex probably thought that the market for personal Amex card accounts in Denmark wasn’t worth it for Amex to support; and given the history of retail transaction practices in Denmark when it came to bank card acceptance, can’t say I am surprised by Amex’s relationship with the Danish market.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The last Amex card accounts for the Danish market have been some corporate Amex card accounts AFAIK.

Amex probably thought that the market for personal Amex card accounts in Denmark wasn’t worth it for Amex to support; and given the history of retail transaction practices in Denmark when it came to bank card acceptance, can’t say I am surprised by Amex’s relationship with the Danish market.
The last company that tried to make a business of issuing private Amex cards in Denmark was Danske Bank, so it not like there was no bank support for issuing Amex. I used to have a Danske Bank Amex, for a while Danske Bank were quite aggressive in pushing their Amex cards. But I would imagine that they parted ways over cost and profit disagreements.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nick Art

You need a CPR number in order to sign up for anything in Denmark, I have no idea how it works with Swiss nationals.

Will you have an income in DK? That's the determining fact to get any CC in DK. When you apply online they will ask you for permission to fetch information from Skat and if they can't see anything you won't get an approval. SEB (the card issuer) is a lot more foreigner friendly than other companies, so if you have income abroad you might need to get a hold of them to get an exception.

Sweden is CC heaven compared to DK.
GUWonder likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.