Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2020, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Chnage the password for you SK account, as that will require the app to be logged in with the new password in order to access your information.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Chnage the password for you SK account, as that will require the app to be logged in with the new password in order to access your information.
Thanks! Why didn't I think about that myself? I was a little blacked out after the experience.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Was checking out some 1940s plans that included a map for a potential airport in Sweden that would be closest to Copenhagen — perhaps plans related to the Nazi occupation of Denmark or its resistance — and that airport would have been in Malmo in an area relatively close to what became the closest Swedish train stop to CPH after the Oresund bridge was initially opened.

Bulltofta airport was the Malmo airport from 1923-1972 and was used militarily during WW2. But Bulltofta is further NE from what became CPH airport than the considered one mentioned in the maps above (but never came to fruition).

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 5, 2020 at 3:53 pm
Old Nov 6, 2020, 10:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Bulltofta charts are here: https://konbriefing.com/mad/anflugka...bulltofta.html
M-Sturup is mention in the detail of south Sweden here: https://www.mil-airfields.de/schwede...e-schweden.htm
Old Nov 6, 2020, 11:04 am
Suspended

Sturup is so far outside of Malmö that you can’t even see the Turning Torso from it today. It’s not even in Malmö.

I am talking about airport runways that were considered to be located in Malmö itself and would have been closer to where CPH is today than even Bulltofta. Sturup being far more inland than Bulltofta or this runway plan that never came to fruition during WW2.

Something akin to some runways closer to where IKEA is today in Malmö.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 2:23 am

Programs: Various
During the war the air force initially located at Bulltofta but were looking for a better location. That ended up being Barkåkra/Ängelholm. It's not inconceivable that plans were drawn up and then rejected for a field within city limits.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 1:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
During the war the air force initially located at Bulltofta but were looking for a better location. That ended up being Barkåkra/Ängelholm. It's not inconceivable that plans were drawn up and then rejected for a field within city limits.
That’s the defunct Barkakra/Angelholm base with a runway used to test drive the Koenigsegg cars at speeds faster than some planes?
Old Nov 8, 2020, 2:06 am

Correct, it's the same place. Of course I think the place is known by another name these days.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 9:42 am
Suspended

During WW2, the Swedish Air Force had more planes at its peak than SAS had this year, right?

With Norwegian sinking without any more life-preservers being tossed its way from the Norwegian Government, and with the reassuring vaccine news in the picture, SAS shares have skyrocketed in value today: up by around 25% from last week. Combine that with a stronger SEK over the USD, and let’s say that this boost in share price may fund a bit more travel for some who are going to be SK*G next year due to the shareholder benefit scheme SAS announced last month.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 9:50 am

Yes, that's quite possible what will happen but I don't know if you've seen that Wizz Air just entered the Norwegian market?

Btw,
the Swedish Air Force was very weak during most of WW2 but the people in charge learnt a very valuable lesson then and increased its size a lot in the coming years. Now it's only a fraction of what it was but in the 50's and 60's it would have been a formidable force.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
Btw,
the Swedish Air Force was very weak during most of WW2 but the people in charge learnt a very valuable lesson then and increased its size a lot in the coming years. Now it's only a fraction of what it was but in the 50's and 60's it would have been a formidable force.
And if I am not mistaken they are the only air force in the world to have gotten radar lock on an SR-71...

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/vigg...h-3-spy-plane/
Old Nov 9, 2020, 9:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JR67
And if I am not mistaken they are the only air force in the world to have gotten radar lock on an SR-71...

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/vigg...h-3-spy-plane/
The Swedes getting a lock on some Blackbird flights was because we were nice to them and chose to be rather predictable in how our flights approached Sweden (because Sweden really was an American ally despite Sweden’s public show of neutrality and whatever). I wouldn’t put it beyond the possibility that this kind of thing was done and allowed to happen (by the US) to make Sweden seem more capable in the eyes of the Soviets than may have really been the case. In other words, Sweden as the US’s Potemkin Village during a stage in the Cold War.

The Swedish Air Force’s manned fixed wing count is way off its historical peak, IIANM. How far below its fixed wing historical peak is SAS?

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 9, 2020 at 9:30 pm
Old Nov 12, 2020, 3:23 pm
MMW

Hi, I am trying to figure out aircraft type, on which I travelled back in 2002 between Stockholm and Helsinki. Unfortunately flightstats.com provide historical data only from 2006 onwards. This was a morning/noon flight, and curiosity is that it was wide-body aircraft. It was SAS (most probably as it was a connecting flight for *A), or Finnair. Any suggestions as to the aircraft type/recommendations how to find such data? Was a wide body regularly deployed on this route or was it a repositioning maybe? Any clues? Many thanks for any help.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I don't have a definitive answer, but at that point in time SK would have had 767 and A340 as widebody planes.

There was a 767 dedicated to European operations, with a short haul interior, but that was gone by the time you are talking about. Most likely it would have been a crew training flight on the A340 as they were still pretty new to the fleet at that time.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 4:01 pm
MMW

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I don't have a definitive answer, but at that point in time SK would have had 767 and A340 as widebody planes.

There was a 767 dedicated to European operations, with a short haul interior, but that was gone by the time you are talking about. Most likely it would have been a crew training flight on the A340 as they were still pretty new to the fleet at that time.
Many thanks for your answer. The training makes sense, as the flight was almost empty, so probably narrow body metal was originally assigned to this flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.