Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Most of my SK travel is long-haul which gets the more "experienced" staff. At SAS, FAs get away with misbehaviour and lack of service for each year of tenure it seems. While I understand why the older FAs get put on long haul flights from a career perspective, it doesn't help the customer experience or the dire level of service SK offers today.

I can't wait for "FAs on Irish contracts" as it will be a welcome improvement. Of course SAS could invest in training their existing workforce and introducing repercussions for not behaving appropriate like other airlines do but the Irish path is of course the cheaper one.
I think I've found a pattern in crew. No matter age, if I'm flying via MAN to/from CPH/OSL/ARN, crew is at a minimum somewhat polite with at least a half smile - but usually borderline perky and happy to be there. If I'm flying LHR to/from CPH/OSL/ARN, crew on average is a little harder, less friendly. Granted, the passengers in and out of MAN are of a different sort themselves, more leisure travel. Plus is rarely full. I frequently have 3 seats to myself even if Go is full.

My connections within the Nordics - hit or miss altogether. My first 2 domestic within Denmark were operated one by Danish Air Transport (they were fun! Reminded me of Southwest, BLL-CPH), and by SAS (CPH-AAR), were great. The SAS flight interior looked brand new. The DAT flight interior was old school and comfy. Both crews were just on the verge of goofy?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Regional flights are almost entirely staffed with young crew nowadays who hired under different conditions. Longhaul with the senior crew who prefer to show you that they are only on board for your safety.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:03 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by AStarr
Seems a more plausible explanation. I just aim for the shortest line possible if I have to check a bag, I don't care which counter or if it's self service. I avoid checking bags as a rule but constant relocating between 4 countries has really made me appreciate that luggage allowance and I'll use it as I see fit.

my suspicion is that any changes are being explained as passenger preference or based on passenger feedback regardless of whatever it is so as to avoid questions
My suspicion is that the large majority of *Gs flying out of CPH on SK flights don't check in bags unless doing a long-haul flight (if even for long-haul flights), and so SK decided that cutting resources for premium customers to check-in bags wouldn't matter to most of their premium customers. A lot of this (avoid-checking-in-bags-as-much-as-possible) behavior by premium customers is a process of us having already been "educated" by our experiences with check-in lines, baggage claim wait times, baggage handling irregularities and so on. This is just a feather in the cap, so to speak.

While I check in bags on less than 5% of my flights, the times when I do check-in bags are almost always times when I really do want a premium check-in option.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Regional flights are almost entirely staffed with young crew nowadays who hired under different conditions. Longhaul with the senior crew who prefer to show you that they are only on board for your safety.
While the industry apologists and company management players want to peddle the line that service is better from younger, less costly cabin crews, the insinuated argument that replacing "the granny FAs" with "young crews" improves service is not one which I find to be convincing from my experience.

What this kind of shift improves: the company bottom line and the financial return for those on the shareholder/employer/supplier side of the business.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 27, 2017 at 3:10 am
Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Has anyone here used the Pontus in the Air facility at Arlanda Terminal 5 for American Express Platinum/Centurion card holders? There doesn't seem to be much about this on FT, and I'm wondering if any here are frequent users of it and what they think of it.
Amex Plat cardholder and one guest of cardholder get in for free. The food is very good for a lounge type facility and the service very decent. As long as you’re airside as a Plat or Centurion, you can use the facility to get fed well when it’s open. And its hours are great. The quality and quantity of the food is very sufficient to be considered as good as or better than the other airport restaurants’ meals.
AStarr likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by AStarr
Anyways, apparently they have the business counter staffed with one person based on "passenger feedback" preferring only one person over there. Uhmmmmm... Had a nice laugh with the lovely person checking my bag today today about that.
Should have asked how or where SAS gets their passenger feedback as I've not seen a survey in a long time.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Amex Plat cardholder and one guest of cardholder get in for free. The food is very good for a lounge type facility and the service very decent. As long as you’re airside as a Plat or Centurion, you can use the facility to get fed well when it’s open. And its hours are great. The quality and quantity of the food is very sufficient to be considered as good as or better than the other airport restaurants’ meals.
Sounds like I need to check it out. The lack of a proper restaurant at ARN has been a problem for years, wish there was a MASH or similar here as well. There is plenty of overpriced low-quality fastfood style choice, just nothing decent.
AStarr likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:48 am

Just for fun I went for Plusgrade at the absolute minimum bid for my flights this weekend (CPH-LHR, LHR-CPH). The first one just cleared at 600SEK. I don't know if anyone is keeping track of these things.

Also, is it possible to ask for not the box/muffin in Plus and get something else instead? I mean, I've seen it done but I'm clearly missing out on how to politely make this request... and the muffin bars are slowly killing my digestive track.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Request a special meal?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Request a special meal?
I think you need to call 24h before the flight to get that.

Alternatively just ask for a sandwich or whatever they have loaded on that flight. Usually you can change without any hassle.
AStarr likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Does anyone in here know why prices out of CPH are so much more expensive than ARN and OSL on a general level.

Was looking at the Now or Never campaign again last night and prices were more or less the same in terms of amount nomatter departure airport (eg. 2500,- to EWR, 3100,- to MIA), the key difference being that out of CPH you pay in DKK and not in SEK/NOK So a general 25% discount travelling out of Sweden/Norway instead of Denmark.

Is it due to airport fee level, competition or something else, that makes the price level so much higher in CPH compared to the other Scandic countries?
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:51 am

I think I've discovered how that upgrade got approved. I'm currently staring at 11 rows of plus, 8 of which are empty. My row has just me... not even anyone across aisle. I thought the seat selection was broken. Go is like 70%.

This is officially this weirdest CPH-LHR flight I've had... wonder if I can snag extra chocolate. Le Boyfriend loves them.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by groovyfly
Does anyone in here know why prices out of CPH are so much more expensive than ARN and OSL on a general level.

Was looking at the Now or Never campaign again last night and prices were more or less the same in terms of amount nomatter departure airport (eg. 2500,- to EWR, 3100,- to MIA), the key difference being that out of CPH you pay in DKK and not in SEK/NOK So a general 25% discount travelling out of Sweden/Norway instead of Denmark.

Is it due to airport fee level, competition or something else, that makes the price level so much higher in CPH compared to the other Scandic countries?
The demand profile is different and LCCs and charter tourist package flights have a different impact at OSL and ARN than at CPH.
AStarr likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:35 am

Anybody received a diamond curtesy upgrade in the recent time? I always thought they were ‘every other flight if space is available’. Anyhow I had dozens of flights in Go or Plus with space available in Plus and Business without the elite upgrade. I know space was available since I then upgraded at the gate for points...
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by fassy
Anybody received a diamond curtesy upgrade in the recent time? I always thought they were ‘every other flight if space is available’. Anyhow I had dozens of flights in Go or Plus with space available in Plus and Business without the elite upgrade. I know space was available since I then upgraded at the gate for points...
Maybe they've realized that you're paying to upgrade when they don't do it for free
I had my last about a month ago.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:31 am

HMmm... might be.

it Never worked for me when they started it, then suddenly it worked very well for a year or so and finally total stop. Kind of frustrating...
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: *G
Transparency would be nice indeed..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.