Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurobonus Silver
Not to be pedantic but....

Originally Posted by CONY
Actually, the Nordic Region consists of:
Denmark
Sweden
Norway
Finland
Iceland
The Ĺland-Islands (part of Finland, but semi-autonomous)
The Faroe Islands (Part of Denmark, semi-autonomous)
Greenland (part of Denmark, semi-autonomous)

Combined population for the Nordic region is 24,7 mn people, speaking seven different languages. Danish is the most common among the countries, being a mandatory language in schools in Denmark (surprise), Iceland, the Faroe Islands and Greenland.
Swedish is spoken by most people (in Sweden, the Ĺland islands and parts of southern Finland).
Historically, Denmark, which is now the smallest of the fully independent Nordic countries by size, once ruled all of the Nordic region except Finland.
I would think that the inhabitants of Iceland would be greatly offended if they had danish as their mandatory language at school, in Iceland they speak and write Icelandic which is based on Old Norse!!! Ie. the language we spoke in norway before we got influence by the danes and their french friends!!

Regards,

Jupeter
Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:16 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Bjornstorm, I thought Tommy777 deserves credit for that (or her parents).
LOL! I will for sure take credit for her being there, but Bjornstrom needs to take credit for the drooling and the grin!

Nice initiative!
Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:19 pm

I thought we are going to have a Norwegian frequent flyer drive to recruit female EB members to get us to the popular 50% threshold for female participation there. (Is "flyer drive" an oxymoron? )

By measure of EBS/EBG luggage tags, there have to be a good number of EBSs and EBGs -- and an even bigger pool of regular EB members -- to pick up, right?

Who is going to lead this effort? Should we draft Tommy777 since he has such a good record of delivering the goodies?
I'm glad I get to pick up chicks as a FT mission I guess I just have to look for chicks with EBG/EBS tags on my flights...
Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I have always had Scandinavia in my sights as a place to visit.

Norway, Sweden, Denmark (including Greenland), Finland — I would like to visit them all!

I remember when SAS was a partner of Continental Airlines. This was when I was a top-tier elite member of the OnePass program. Alas, I never took advantage of that partnership...

By the way, is Iceland considered part of Scandinavia?

I also remember very well when CO used to be the American partner. It was a much more fun time to be a FF...
Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tommy777
I'm glad I get to pick up chicks as a FT mission I guess I just have to look for chicks with EBG/EBS tags on my flights...
In DEL, I used to see this one woman who would always be wearing some bright colored power suit -- usually red -- and she was EBG or EBS or maybe both. I missed that one.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 8:48 pm

In DEL, I used to see this one woman who would always be wearing some bright colored power suit -- usually red -- and she was EBG or EBS or maybe both. I missed that one.
Maybe I should give it a shot at the Scandinavian Lounge at ARN when I get there about 30 minutes late... Or maybe I should shower first
Old Mar 28, 2006, 4:29 am

Programs: SK*G
I have a couple of questiones regarding SK lounge on arrival policy. Is it valid on arrival in PVG, NRT and PEK? Or is it limited to SK operated lounges around the world? The sk web page states that:

"Gold members also have lounge access when arriving from an SAS operated intercontinental flight (though not at Heathrow or Newark due to airport authority regulations)."

There is no intercontinental SK flights to\from heathrow though...

Karl in Oz...
Old Apr 3, 2006, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
I spent a few hours rebuilding my blog this weekend - its in Swedish but contains lots of pictures of my recent CRTWSTAR3 and other airline-oriented stuff. Check it out if you want:

http://www.bjornstrom.se/

My most recent journey is under "Africa" and im updating it every second day or so.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 2:59 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Lounge invitation

Tomorrow (4/4) will be spent more or less all day in CPH & OSL, so I'll be happy to invite someone needing to the lounge.. Travelling CPH-OSL-CPH-PVG...
Old Apr 3, 2006, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Gnopps
Tomorrow (4/4) will be spent more or less all day in CPH & OSL, so I'll be happy to invite someone needing to the lounge.. Travelling CPH-OSL-CPH-PVG...
I land at OSL at 4:15, but will not get access to the lounge. But I could go for a coffee downstairs.

PM me if interested
Old Apr 4, 2006, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
LX messed up my PPS run today thanks to smoke in the cabin at NAI tonight. Two missed connections and one whole day of AVRO flying. Im sitting in the ZRH Swiss lounge thinking of never trusting LX schedules again.

Read more:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5569475
Old Apr 4, 2006, 1:44 pm

When you have slept a little bit, I'm sure you will forgive LX.

At least they are not on strike soon.....
Old Apr 4, 2006, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by CONY
Actually, the Nordic Region consists of:
Denmark
Sweden
Norway
Finland
Iceland
The Ĺland-Islands (part of Finland, but semi-autonomous)
The Faroe Islands (Part of Denmark, semi-autonomous)
Greenland (part of Denmark, semi-autonomous)

Combined population for the Nordic region is 24,7 mn people, speaking seven different languages. Danish is the most common among the countries, being a mandatory language in schools in Denmark (surprise), Iceland, the Faroe Islands and Greenland.
Swedish is spoken by most people (in Sweden, the Ĺland islands and parts of southern Finland).
Historically, Denmark, which is now the smallest of the fully independent Nordic countries by size, once ruled all of the Nordic region except Finland.
What kind of revisionist Danish history are you proposing? You are alluding to the Kalmar Union (1389-1521 or something like that) which involved a lot of fighting and certainly not Denmark de jure ruling over Sweden for much of that period as you imply. Then by the 1600s Sweden emerged as a European major power and came damn close to taking over all of Denmark but settled for the southern half of the mainland. It's now the smallest because it lost over half its territority to Sweden!

It's funny that Danes still are uptight about history...
Old Apr 4, 2006, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by gnaget
What kind of revisionist Danish history are you proposing? You are alluding to the Kalmar Union (1389-1521 or something like that) which involved a lot of fighting and certainly not Denmark de jure ruling over Sweden for much of that period as you imply. Then by the 1600s Sweden emerged as a European major power and came damn close to taking over all of Denmark but settled for the southern half of the mainland. It's now the smallest because it lost over half its territority to Sweden!

Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by gnaget

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.