Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2020, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by JR67
Found a way to avoid the queues on the bridge. Asked a friend about his opinion... He just said "Screw the queues and stay in one of my hotels (he has a few in central Copenhagen) and I will take you out for dinner." I said "Yes, thank you." :-)
Yeah that's a better option than having to suffer through the queue - good to have a hotelier as a friend

Also going from CPH out to Gedser in the morning is absolutely fine (except if you are staying in really central location - your car could be stuck behind a truck offloading stuff - happened to us before and we had to wait 15 minutes to wait until it's done before continuing and it was on a one way street so I can't reserve and go another way).
Old Aug 4, 2020, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought the same thing this morning when I printed it... Anyone with beginner computer skills can fake it. But then again - if you have a Swedish ID it is enough to get you into the country, and the Danish requirement of 6 nights in the country for Swedes from non-border regions is just a shameless grab to boost hotel occupancy. There is absolutely zero reason for the requirement, and if they are worried about virus transmission they should want to LIMIT duration of stay...
I think they won't even look at your personbevis if you are heading straight to Gedser since you are only doint a transit. You don't even need to fake it using photoshop - just report as if you moved on skatteverket's page a few days before and then change it back as soon as you print the personbevis out.

Some said the police are ok to see the personbevis digitally.

I agree with the stupid requirements - either you let everyone in or not. Danes can bring the virus back from Germany/Sweden etc to Denmark anyway.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fassy
The personbevis is good enough. I don't think they ask for it at the moment but some weeks back when DK opened up for Skane-residents I had to cross a couple of times and they always asked for a person- or hemortsbevis.

Funny enough since the PDF is not even signed or in any way tamper proof. Everyone could just make one up.
You can get it stamped and signed and to be sent to your address.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nacho
You can get it stamped and signed and to be sent to your address.
Yes, but that doesn’t really speed up things from what I’ve seen for Swedish photo ID/passport carriers who said they were coming from Skane. The easily faked self-printed docs and a map of the address in Skane worked as well as the mailed ones.

Last edited by GUWonder; Aug 4, 2020 at 3:48 pm
Old Aug 5, 2020, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Yes, but that doesn’t really speed up things from what I’ve seen for Swedish photo ID/passport carriers who said they were coming from Skane. The easily faked self-printed docs and a map of the address in Skane worked as well as the mailed ones.
It's even faster to just book a 6 nights reservation and cancel it - apparently a lot of people use that to trick their way into DK. There were some foreigners living in Sweden trying to sneak into Norway via DK - they were asking in "expat" groups if they go to Norway via DK.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 4:23 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
I can report that at 17:30 yesterday we barely slowed down. No lines whatsoever on the bridge, and the police quickly scanned the personbevis and welcomed us to Denmark. No id check whatsoever. Currently on the ferry to Rostock and enjoying Scandlines lightning fast internet. Makes me pine for the old 300 baud days...
Old Aug 6, 2020, 7:07 am
Suspended

I can report that at 17:30 yesterday we barely slowed down. No lines whatsoever on the bridge, and the police quickly scanned the personbevis and welcomed us to Denmark. No id check whatsoever. Currently on the ferry to Rostock and enjoying Scandlines lightning fast internet. Makes me pine for the old 300 baud days...
You mean they just glanced at the printout?

Apparently today and tomorrow, the Copenhagen Zoo has a discount for visitors. Sounds like neither of us will be there. The zoo doesn’t provide fast internet around most of the zoo, IIRC.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver

Apparently today and tomorrow, the Copenhagen Zoo has a discount for visitors. Sounds like neither of us will be there. The zoo doesn’t provide fast internet around most of the zoo, IIRC.
Without that last sentence it sound so much funnier. Copenhagen Zoo now presenting the Swedes. Come one and all to see them as they arrive from the Covid infested Sweden. Wouldn't be too out of character for the Danes. Hahahaha
GUWonder likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 5:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
Without that last sentence it sound so much funnier. Copenhagen Zoo now presenting the Swedes. Come one and all to see them as they arrive from the Covid infested Sweden. Wouldn't be too out of character for the Danes. Hahahaha
And here I thought the Swedes thought the Danes are the real animals in Scandinavia due to their more free-going, urban ways even if not as urbane as Swedes.

The beaches overlooking Denmark are a zoo today. The Swedish ice cream sellers must be screaming for joy as the the ice cream lovers scream for ice cream.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 6:17 am

FYI: Just talked to EuroBonus to rebook a trip as the flights were cancelled by NH. Tried to rebook to BKK for Q1 2021 but SK EuroBonus cannot sell any tickets for TG Business or F unless 10 days out and no tickets at all on SQ at the moment. All other Star Alliance partners can be booked in all classes with the usual constraints, e.g. LH F only 10 days out.
nacho likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 9:40 am

You mean they just glanced at the printout?
Yep - two printouts, no passports /ID, no questions. I wouldn't swear to it, but I think he only glanced at one of them.

Currently enjoying a 32-degree Berlin. With face masks. Almost unbearable at times.
nacho likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep - two printouts, no passports /ID, no questions. I wouldn't swear to it, but I think he only glanced at one of them.

Currently enjoying a 32-degree Berlin. With face masks. Almost unbearable at times.
You only need it indoors unless you are taking a train (at station areas then you need it).
Old Aug 7, 2020, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
When I lived in the area, Danes used to go down to the Copenhagen harbor to watch drunk Swedes waiting to get on a Flygbåt back home .
Old Aug 7, 2020, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
Try wearing a face mask in southern US, where it's 35 degrees and the dew point is in the "oppressive" range.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by WindowSeatFlyer
Try wearing a face mask in southern US, where it's 35 degrees and the dew point is in the "oppressive" range.
My son works with a mask in a 40 degree environment in Virginia (40c + 95% humidity) - he thinks I am weak too... :-)

After spending the weekend in Berlin I can say that I am far from convinced that masks are the way to go. The first problem is that there is no physical distancing in Berlin - everyone thinks the masks are enough. The second problem is the way people handle masks. For them to be effective, they have to be used professionally. In Germany people use them, then strap them around their arms, then used them again. I can't begin to count the people I saw with their noses protruding above the masks.

My take home from my Germany trip (confirmed by my wife with a PhD in virology) is that masks are more dangerous than no masks, with the exception of medical professionals who know how to use them. They give a false sense of security, and actually expose people to more danger due to transmission when the masks are removed and put on again. I am now more inclined to agree with Tegnell.

On the bright side - no ID checks at all on the Rostock-Gedser ferry. Apparently Danes think Syrians are more frightening than Covid...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.