Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2013, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I really don't understand what is in SAS's CEOs' minds - how do they define SAS? A full service carrier? A LCC? I think they think that SAS is a full service carrier with Scandinavian styles, i.e. no on-board service. They are basically stuck in the middle - once again.

They are driving away the paying C pax and their Y tickets are not cheap enough to attract discounted Y pax. I really have a hard time believe that their new business model is going to work.

If I ever fly with them it would have been an award EB ticket, I have *A Gold with TK - did a mileage run earlier this year. So the only perks for flying with SK is the *A Gold Perks.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:31 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Can see some positives out of the change - looks like new fare buckets have been loaded for intra-europe Plus fares. A & P respectively. One way fare GOT-LHR in A is at 1600 SEK for free date changes (+ fare difference if moving to higher fare buckets), including food, lounge, fast track, miles and baggage. Not too bad an offer.

Overall though, I would agree with the sentiment of other posters that SK are giving up much higher yielding C revenue to chase premium economy revenue. Would have to sell 3x P fares to come up to the same revenue of business.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
I´m LH MM FTL and perhaps changing my FFP to EBS/G or keeping both FFP´s.

As a newbie with EBB, is it worth it to be seated there in the first three rows in so called SAS Plus in Intra-Europe flights?

Yes, I´m going to book HEL-CPH/ARN-ALC RT and could earn 10000 EBP with SAS GO PLUS. Price is half of LH´s C. 10000 EBP is half away from EBS.

I do like fast track, lounge access (I have it now with LH), but could do it ok in whY too...

So any comment from EBG/ SH Economy extra fliers?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by THD
Overall though, I would agree with the sentiment of other posters that SK are giving up much higher yielding C revenue to chase premium economy revenue. Would have to sell 3x P fares to come up to the same revenue of business.
SAS still tries to have VERY high yield: Just saw: CPH-FRA in Plus Full Flex (whatever that is): More than 13.300 DEK return. 13.300!! (1.800 euro).

Do you get a private cabin or what?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
SAS still tries to have VERY high yield: Just saw: CPH-FRA in Plus Full Flex (whatever that is): More than 13.300 DEK return. 13.300!! (1.800 euro).

1 way or return?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by nacho
1 way or return?
To legs (=return)
Old Jun 14, 2013, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To legs (=return)
That's really expensive, I wonder what LH would charge for the same flight (either on LH or SK metal)
Old Jun 14, 2013, 8:08 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by sebinoslo
It basically says that there won't be a curtain separating the plane in two and that food will no longer be served using trolleys but that a "Cafe" will be available at the front of the cabin for all travellers to visit and get their food from.

No curtains means the front toilets are now for everyone. Probably not a huge issue on short flights.

But the Cafe concept sounds just awful!
This means that the galley is now used during the whole flight as a 2-way hallway (people going to and from the Cafe). And how do people cross each other in the galley? By "sitting" on the nearest passenger laps to make room.
How can this even work?
In addition, if you sit at the front you will be bump into by every single passengers who want to eat (drink?) anything.
Add to that people wanted to use the front bathroom....
Just did AMS-CPH in go and the curtain is replaced by a sign saying "PLUS is in from of this sign. Also, they reserved 10 rows for plus, while there was only booked people in 5-6 rows. So it is very much still a separate "cabin", and no foot traffic up to the front.

The Café concept was on trolley and served at seat. No change here really, besides that PLUS pax can choose freely from the trolley, while GO'ers pay. Not much change here either.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

That must be one of the "rare" SAS IT glitches... even when C was around the full fare was not that much...
Old Jun 14, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by intuition
The Café concept was on trolley and served at seat. No change here really, besides that PLUS pax can choose freely from the trolley, while GO'ers pay.
Well, I guess the catering offerings were quite different from the former C class...?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 2:19 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes, that would be the big difference -it's just a snack menu now.
(the "no change" comment was in relation to the no trolley comment)
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:04 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Are they doing this service on ARN-CPH also? The service here was different from European flights before. I suspect that it might be the same now for better or worse. Well, I am flying "Plus" ARN-CPH next week.

They don't block the middle seat in Plus, I imagine? Thus the same as the old Extra?

I flew Swiss to ARN last week in C. For a flight departing 16:45 I got a steak for lunch/dinner and they have champagne. Looked at some dates for this route. SAS codeshare with LX and I guess it would be an obvious choice to take LX metal. On some SK flights you can get SAS Plus for SEK ~3000 one way but most of the time it is SEK ~7000 and always the higher price on codeshare. The cheap booking class in Plus was A. Hmmm, you get fewer points with LX codeshare in Plus and the booking class is S or B. I suspect that Plus on Swiss codeshare is booking into economy at a very high price!

On Swiss website they have full business for CHF 1200, but on certain flights they have discounted businesss for as low as CHF 400. That's about the same as the average GO fare on SAS website for this route.

Wow, to complicate things they now have four categories Go Saver, Go, Plus and Plus Full Flex. What a joke. The Go Saver happens to be on Swiss metal where Swiss have Economy Saver on the same flight. This flight also has the Business saver for CHF 400 as well.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So why would one fly with SK if you can pick LX instead? Even heavily discounted LX Y gives you food and drink on board and chocolate too.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: Various
Yours is a very good question but I believe the answer is that SK are not actually competing for that group of passengers. They are competing for the ones that would have chosen FR or DY.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
Yours is a very good question but I believe the answer is that SK are not actually competing for that group of passengers. They are competing for the ones that would have chosen FR or DY.
Really? I thought they think they are a FS airline. They used to earn $ from business pax - they are definitely not getting the price conscious customers including myself

I'm flying AB from CPH-DUS rather than SK - cheaper, drink and snack on board and 500 AB points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.