Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 2:49 am

I think there are so many opportunities to safe costs without pissing of your loyal passengers. Indeed removing C on intra European flights doens't bother me much but they could have easily just changed the cabines to Eco Extra + Eco only as they have anyway on a lot of flights today (just saw it on a OSL -> CPH route again, 319 with Eco Extra and Eco cabin only).
Old May 24, 2013, 5:31 am

Programs: SK, LH, BA, AF
Originally Posted by fassy
I think there are so many opportunities to safe costs without pissing of your loyal passengers. Indeed removing C on intra European flights doens't bother me much but they could have easily just changed the cabines to Eco Extra + Eco only as they have anyway on a lot of flights today (just saw it on a OSL -> CPH route again, 319 with Eco Extra and Eco cabin only).
There is no biz cabin on intra-Scandinavian flights. Only Eco and Eco Extra.
Old May 24, 2013, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by THammer
There is no biz cabin on intra-Scandinavian flights. Only Eco and Eco Extra.
Really? Never even noticed that
Old May 24, 2013, 12:06 pm

I still need answer on an important question. Will future I-class tickets be transformed into a new booking class (P?) or will SAS stay with I for intra-europe for reward tickets...

If not, that will mean that all reward tickets shall be re-issued. Many of us having e.g. USDM tickets may be in for a fun time, as all tickets then shall be re-issued.

I have not yet seen this confirmed somewhere! - Anybody having inside info?
Old May 24, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
I just booked an Y+ ticket (CPH-TRD) for my daugther in august, as she will need to bring a lot of luggage. I suppose, that she at that time will get not only fast track but also lounge access (at CPH)??
Old May 24, 2013, 6:45 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
I think there are so many opportunities to safe costs without pissing of your loyal passengers. Indeed removing C on intra European flights doens't bother me much but they could have easily just changed the cabines to Eco Extra + Eco only as they have anyway on a lot of flights today.
Yeah! What ugly and pop-smart names! Invended by some young marketing people. Will not last long (mayby 5 years). Eco and Eco Extra could have done fine in the future as well.
Old May 26, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
I have a Business class booking on SAS CPH-OSL-KEF on June 30 that was booked 6 months ago.
Is the scrapping of J going to be an overnight thing on June 9 (ie as of June 9 business class will simply not exist on Euoropean flights?) or will it be gradually removed across the network over a longer period of time?
What happens to people like me who booked and paid for a J ticket but will not receive what they paid for?!
Old May 27, 2013, 6:06 am

Booking Business class after 9th of June is possible with LH-Codeshare(advanced reservation from 1st row on). Booking in Eco+ directly is much cheaper but advanced reservation is only from 3rd row on possible.
Old May 27, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by smit0847
I have a Business class booking on SAS CPH-OSL-KEF on June 30 that was booked 6 months ago.
Is the scrapping of J going to be an overnight thing on June 9 (ie as of June 9 business class will simply not exist on Euoropean flights?) or will it be gradually removed across the network over a longer period of time?

It looks like it will be overnight.

Originally Posted by smit0847
What happens to people like me who booked and paid for a J ticket but will not receive what they paid for?!
That's anyone's guess. AFAIK, SAS has not said anything about that.
Old May 28, 2013, 1:40 pm

Hi all,

I have a few bookings in the coming months which were made as Economy Extra (Y,S, B classes) - prior to this change. Could someone confirm whether or not these will now earn me 200% miles and also entitle me to lounge access (i.e., are they now re-classified as SAS Plus)?

Cheers,

J
Old May 29, 2013, 4:53 am

Nobody knows for sure. Best thing is to call SAS and get confirmation (and let us know )

I would do it but I don't have any advanced reservation as my company usually books just 2 or 3 days in advance - perhaps a week or two.

But as you mention it: Right, now Plus customers will not only get 200% points but also lounge access which means all the people who have been flying Eco Extra before without being Gold will now populate the lounges.

Also people will reach EBG fast and this will put a lot more load on lounges, fast track, business checkin/baggage drop, hotline, baggage handlers etc. And not only in SAS hubs but also on the partners network like LH hubsor similar which will send SAS higher bills for *G services.

I'm not sure the concept will pay out. To counter this, the Plus tickets need to be more expensive then the old Eco Extra tickets but cheaper then the old business class.
Old May 29, 2013, 4:58 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
But as you mention it: Right, now Plus customers will not only get 200% points but also lounge access which means all the people who have been flying Eco Extra before without being Gold will now populate the lounges.

Also people will reach EBG fast and this will put a lot more load on lounges, fast track, business checkin/baggage drop, hotline, baggage handlers etc. And not only in SAS hubs but also on the partners network like LH hubsor similar which will send SAS higher bills for *G services.

I'm not sure the concept will pay out. To counter this, the Plus tickets need to be more expensive then the old Eco Extra tickets but cheaper then the old business class.
Agreed on all points.
Old May 29, 2013, 5:20 am

Will be interessting to see how they plan the load on the planes.

I guess they will try to sell Plus a lot and rather fly with Go seats empty. Have seen it in the past couple of months a lot Eco Extra was 75% full, Eco not even half - and that on routes where it totally doesn't make sense (from a customers perspective) to buy Eco Extra like CPH-WAW, CPH-GOT or ARN-GOT but you don't have another option if you have to go on that flight.

Every time I see this I'm pretty pissed since we had to buy Exo Extra even if the plane is half empty. If this happens more and more a lot people will hate it - let's see.
Old May 29, 2013, 5:25 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Will be interessting to see how they plan the load on the planes.

I guess they will try to sell Plus a lot and rather fly with Go seats empty. Have seen it in the past couple of months a lot Eco Extra was 75% full, Eco not even half - and that on routes where it totally doesn't make sense (from a customers perspective) to buy Eco Extra like CPH-WAW, CPH-GOT or ARN-GOT but you don't have another option if you have to go on that flight.

Every time I see this I'm pretty pissed since we had to buy Exo Extra even if the plane is half empty. If this happens more and more a lot people will hate it - let's see.
Everyone would then migrate to other carriers, I guess - if they are overpriced...
Old May 30, 2013, 6:27 am

Just called in once again to SAS:

SAS Plus fare classes are/will be:

Y, B and S.

Was M ever a economy plus fare class?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.