Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2016, 1:55 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Though among the many complaints coming through here, I have not heard many "my first choice was not available" As I am typically in row 1 or 2, it has never been a point of concern for me.
Have never had this problem either, on SK. Largely because the locals will order things like fish or vegetarian food.

Have had the problem with BA numerous times because everyone orders the steak. Sitting at the front of the Club World cabin there is more important.

In both cases an easily solved and avoided issue if you could simply select your main course before the flight.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Have had the problem with BA numerous times because everyone orders the steak. Sitting at the front of the Club World cabin there is more important.
On BA the service standard is to collect the orders in the galley and prioritise according to status... but yes, pre-order is the way to go there.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Melia Gold
thanks for the replies, how far in advance can I pre-order the meal? thanks

lukecdw
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lukecdw
thanks for the replies, how far in advance can I pre-order the meal? thanks

lukecdw
The replies might have been a bit unclear in that aspect, but the pre ordering was wishful thinking for SAS, and BA for that matter. But general agreement was that it is very rarely an issue.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Melia Gold
haha silly me! I'm terrible at interpreting messages sometimes. thanks for all the advice, I have taken 6A for the outbound and 2A for the inbound as I would like the seat closest to the window. The first flight from MAN-CPH is on a CRJ900 (yippee...), I know it's a short flight but any advice on the best seat on this aircraft? I like to get the best out of my travels

thanks a lot
Old Oct 20, 2016, 8:10 am

The first flight from MAN-CPH is on a CRJ900 (yippee...), I know it's a short flight but any advice on the best seat on this aircraft?
If you're happy with a front row seat, your choices are 1AC or 2DF. The legroom is broadly similar, maybe a little bit more in 2DF. I think 2F is more private, and has two windows (if I recall correctly) while 1A has just the one.

If not in the front row, there's no real difference.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by klmml
If you're happy with a front row seat, your choices are 1AC or 2DF. The legroom is broadly similar, maybe a little bit more in 2DF. I think 2F is more private, and has two windows (if I recall correctly) while 1A has just the one.

If not in the front row, there's no real difference.
3F is the very best seat in my opinion. There is no 2DF.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
3F is the very best seat in my opinion. There is no 2DF.
Strange, since I was in 2F in a WX CR9 on Sunday evening for one flight, and 1A for another. Looks like Cimber and Cityjet seating plans are different.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Strange, since I was in 2F in a WX CR9 on Sunday evening for one flight, and 1A for another. Looks like Cimber and Cityjet seating plans are different.
Must be. Haven’t been onboard Cityjet yet. So no lavatory forward?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Must be. Haven’t been onboard Cityjet yet. So no lavatory forward?
Yes, there's still a forward lavatory. I'm not sure how the space is used differently.

For what it's worth, here are the seatmaps from ExpertFlyer for SK709 (HEL-ARN, Cityjet CR9) and SK647 (CPH-HAM, Cimber CR9). Looks like 2DF are the only extra seats on the WX plane, and I think they still have good legroom, so the way things are laid out has clearly been altered a bit.
Attached Images   
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Yes, there's still a forward lavatory. I'm not sure how the space is used differently.

For what it's worth, here are the seatmaps from ExpertFlyer for SK709 (HEL-ARN, Cityjet CR9) and SK647 (CPH-HAM, Cimber CR9). Looks like 2DF are the only extra seats on the WX plane, and I think they still have good legroom, so the way things are laid out has clearly been altered a bit.
Doesn't the Cimber (originally SK) layout also have some closet/storage space next to the lavatory? I think that is what takes the extra row. I seem to remember when they came in to the fleet SK mentioned that they used more space than usual for galleys etc.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:00 am

haha silly me! I'm terrible at interpreting messages sometimes. thanks for all the advice, I have taken 6A for the outbound and 2A for the inbound as I would like the seat closest to the window. The first flight from MAN-CPH is on a CRJ900 (yippee...), I know it's a short flight but any advice on the best seat on this aircraft? I like to get the best out of my travels

thanks a lot
Best seats on the CR9 are in the exit rows but flying Plus you have no access to them. Just select any seat of front, won't make a difference.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
SAS Plus A330 Row 20

We recently flew in SAS Plus from Chicago to Stockholm on an A330. I spent a lot of time trying to find information on Row 20 specifically and found information hard to come by. So I put together a short video that may help others.

Last edited by LucWise; Dec 4, 2016 at 1:46 pm
Old Nov 27, 2016, 2:48 pm

Thank You
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:09 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Useful! Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.