Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New SAS livery to be revealed next week

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SAS livery to be revealed next week

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:43 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by bombayhog
So what do we think? Love, hate or meh?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gabriel...brand-new-look
Not too bad, as long as it did not go Euro white. I would have preferred if they kept the word Scandinavian on the fuselage rather than moving it to the engine - as I don't believe every one knows what SAS is from.

Cheers!
Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:52 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Meh, not really a fan of the new livery.
Specifically the huge silver SAS on the fuselage just seems weird. And obviously the lack of red engines... , but them being silver now is not too bad.

The old livery was weird and odd but in a likeable way because it was our weird and odd livery.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
What a pathetic livery, same thing that LH did copying QF with the tail and fuselage painted in the same color.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:30 am

Well, could have been worse but I really miss the orange/red engine cowlings. And I will never forgive LH to get rid of the yellow!
Old Sep 19, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by fassy
I really miss the orange/red engine cowlings.
+100000
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
The huge SAS wordmark appearing twice on the fuselage looks bad.

Some other airlines don't make this mistake since they have both a wordmark and a proper logo (LOT and Lufthansa - a crane, United - the ex-Continental globe, etc). But when all you have is the wordmark, you should think of a different design. This is why the old setup looked well - "Scandinavian Airlines" above the windows, SAS wordmark on the tail.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
It could be worse, actually it might even be OK. I do wish they had been a bit more original though.

Oversized letters with the airline name from Finnair
Tail colour pattern from Qantas
Name of airline under the belly from Emirates

The kept the Scandinavian decals on the engines.

I'd still say more distinct flags would be good, but tricky to do nicely I guess.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:38 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The big silver SAS and the strange blue ring on the engine is puzzling. Oh well. Let's see how it looks on an A320. I doubt they will repaint to existing fleet.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The big silver SAS and the strange blue ring on the engine is puzzling. Oh well. Let's see how it looks on an A320. I doubt they will repaint to existing fleet.
I guess they'll repaint to the extend that the planes are up for repaint anyway. The A320CEO will be around for a while still, they may need a bit of a makeover along the way.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I think the statement is all birds will be repainted by 2024, and it will happen when they are do a repaint anyway.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:18 am

The first SK A350 was rolled out of the paint booth yesterday https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...ec89&start=900 Hope we will soon see some pictures.

On top of that. SK have 3 A320's in XFW which were spotted almost 2 months ago in full CS, but haven't been in the air yet. Wonder whether they are being hold back so they can get the new livery before delivery.

Last edited by highupinthesky; Sep 20, 2019 at 4:26 am
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Nice livery and I especially like the engines. SAS SAS kind of spoils it for me though. If the front SAS had been a longship dragon appearing from the mist, that would have been something!
LiHS likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 7:13 am

And finally we have a picture of the first SK A350 in the new livery
Old Oct 2, 2019, 11:54 am

Here is a better picture of the first SK bird in the new livery
SK2751 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:53 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I might be the only one but I think this new livery is horrible and a big step backwards from the current one.

SAS in big letters once on each side of the plane is enough, twice says they were unimaginative and boring.
lhrpete and Gnopps like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.