Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New SAS livery to be revealed next week

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SAS livery to be revealed next week

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
So... It looks like the livery will be very close to LH. Anyone else smelling conspiracy in the air? SK paints their fleet in accordance with LH-group's livery. More convenient for the takeover. Otherwise, why the HELL would SK repaint their fleet when they are already experiencing tough economic times. I realize that Gustafsson is an idiot, but this has absolutely no logical reason.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by JR67
So... It looks like the livery will be very close to LH. Anyone else smelling conspiracy in the air? SK paints their fleet in accordance with LH-group's livery. More convenient for the takeover. Otherwise, why the HELL would SK repaint their fleet when they are already experiencing tough economic times. I realize that Gustafsson is an idiot, but this has absolutely no logical reason.
LH doesn’t care zip about the livery of airlines they taken over. Just look at German/Eurowings, OS, LX and SN? Nothing close to LHs livery.

And branding is a very important marketing tool. So I can see a company invest on branding. Of course they won’t take in all birds and repaint them. Just one at a time when they are up for a respray anyway.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by fassy
And branding is a very important marketing tool. So I can see a company invest on branding. Of course they won’t take in all birds and repaint them. Just one at a time when they are up for a respray anyway.
Exactly, the cost of changing the livery shouldn't be that high.
It's mostly whatever SAS will end up paying the design team (assuming the cost of painting a given plane in the new vs. the old livery doesn't change).
They obviously won't repaint the planes immediately but follow the current schedule.
Whenever one of the planes is scheduled to be painted it'll just be in the new rather than the old livery.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I just wish they get rid of the hideous orange on the engines.
RoyalSwazi and copperred like this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
I can’t believe Danish doesn’t have a word for livery!
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:57 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN

Speculation by flyprat.no

Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I sincerely hope it will be nothing like this - ghastly!
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:15 am

"Hope Airbus has enough blue paint" ... a strange thing to write if it's only the tail which is blue. If this image turns out to be the real thing, it would be better to write: "Hope Airbus has enough gray paint."
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
LH doesn’t care zip about the livery of airlines they taken over. Just look at German/Eurowings, OS, LX and SN? Nothing close to LHs livery.

I was being a little tongue in cheek about the LH look.

I know branding is important, and that changing your look can create buzz. But there is no point in creating buzz unless you have something else worth buzzing about. Is SK going to announce something new? If not, this is a waste of money, IMHO. Better to focus on improving service in Y. Neat new colours don't help when pax are paying LH prices for DY service levels. Save money on paint and buy a round for the poor guys stuck in SK Y.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by JR67
So... It looks like the livery will be very close to LH. Anyone else smelling conspiracy in the air? SK paints their fleet in accordance with LH-group's livery. More convenient for the takeover. Otherwise, why the HELL would SK repaint their fleet when they are already experiencing tough economic times.
Since LH recently ditched SK as ground handling in CPH and there has been a discontinue of a number of code shares between SK and LH, I strongly doubt they are moving towards merger or takeover.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I don't really like the current livery, it is a bit odd. Though the part I do like is the bright red engines.

Looking at the collage of the puzzle pieces from the Facebook video that check-in.dk has, plus the pictures already released of the A350 tail, the blue tail with the SK logo is a fairly given, and not much other colour on the fusalage except very stylised dots for the flag. SK clearly wants to tease cowling colour and what the name at the front fuselage will be.

The kind of Qantas, Air New Zealand, Lufthansa, tail and tail end colouring that check-in.dk predicts does not get nicer by being repeated by many airlines.

I would hope that the nose end of the fuselage would get a bigger 3 flag pattern, same concept as the 80ies/90ies livery, just new way of incorporating the flags. Too much to hope I guess.
I generally concur. The grey just looks like you are pretending you can get away with a dirty aircraft and the holy bright orange resembles nothing that says Scandinavia except maybe mornings, which are not particularly Scandinavian.

Whether the Norwegian government is an owner or not doesn't matter. The heritage is there, the staffing is there, and the services to Norway are there.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:48 am

I mean it does, but it cares more about the political maneuvering and image of those that made it possible. The Swiss would never have allowed LH to turn Swiss into another off brand subcontracted people mover with hideous German interpretation of Swiss's signature appearance. OS and LX are beasts of their countries of origin, they were never going to be folded into the main airline, it was always a political impossibility. It has also worked out to LH's favor given the ability to leverage long standing brand/brand association with LX and networks, as well as labor agreements different than LH's own. OS had and has pursued more marginal or more off the beaten path destinations than LH (which can sometimes be mistaken for a bus to Disney World given its passengers) as well as more extensive services to Africa and the Middle East, courtesy of LX and SN.

Eurowings is an LCC in many ways and would water down/impact negative (which apparently is possible) LH's main brand.

It's about market segmentation, or why many vehicle manufacturers contain several different brands and models.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD), AY Silver
It is here!
https://www.flysas.com/en/newfleet/

Overall, not bad! The rumors were pretty much right. I hope the engine is as "Silver-metallic" as they say it is. Great with "Scandinavian" on the belly.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Well, could be worse. But also better... I miss the red engines - symbolising fire and power - even in the salt and pebber bags. But it have been copied by several others.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum
So what do we think? Love, hate or meh?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gabriel...brand-new-look

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.