Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Go: Devalution in EuroBonus earnings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Go: Devalution in EuroBonus earnings

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
For EU, it is basically only Lite that changes (and booking class O) taking a hit.

For long haul more of a detailed change, but is the table also an admission of Lite coming to Asia flights as well?

For EU flights I don't find the changes completely unreasonable. For long haul it seems a step too far.
IMO they should also adjust the earnings of European Light tickets depending on the booking class and not give out a flat 100 points.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold
Its a very frustrating change for me as SAS Gold
They devaluated earnings by 50-95%!!!
I have a few examples here, if you are curious.
https://meanie.me/news/sas-eurobonus...nings-decrease

But generally, start thinking on switching to Aegean...
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Jainzar
IMO they should also adjust the earnings of European Light tickets depending on the booking class and not give out a flat 100 points.
I don't disagree that it could be better than what is chosen. But it could still be worse, so I stand by my "not too unreasonable" statement.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:11 am

Can you still qualify for Gold with 45 segments in a year, or are they changing that too?

In any case, 300 points or less for long-haul in Go is pretty miserable. This change severely penalizes leisure travellers who don't need or want flexible fares (and who actually pay for their own tickets).
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by volatum
Can you still qualify for Gold with 45 segments in a year, or are they changing that too?

In any case, 300 points or less for long-haul in Go is pretty miserable. This change severely penalizes leisure travellers who don't need or want flexible fares (and who actually pay for their own tickets).
So far segments are not changed, even for the fares that give those 100-300 points. But who knows, this change came completely unannounced.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by meanie.me
But generally, start thinking on switching to Aegean...
As long as you don't expect a devaluation on A3 earnings on SK flights unless you are not flying SK.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by volatum
It is indeed, and I guess this is instead of giving you a big 0 for the flight. It reminds me of TG/SQ FFPs.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by nacho
It is indeed, and I guess this is instead of giving you a big 0 for the flight. It reminds me of TG/SQ FFPs.
To be honest, I would rather have just a big fat 0, rather than insulting 100 points!
Oh wait, with my Gold status, it will be amazing 125 points! Party!
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by meanie.me
To be honest, I would rather have just a big fat 0, rather than insulting 100 points!
Oh wait, with my Gold status, it will be amazing 125 points! Party!
I don't think you would earn a segment if the points earning is 0 so I'd prefer even 1 point to 0 points.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:05 am

Well, this is very sad news... on the other hand it might be that one move which really decimates the elite member group to a point where they can again offer decent elite benefits. (which I do not think will happen....).

So, the rule for next year is to always fly Plus or Business, otherwise not a chance of retaining status. Like a mini-HON program, just that in the end you are entitled to a luke warm soup in ARN-lounge rather than the Porsche transfer in FRA
SK2751 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
I don't think you would earn a segment if the points earning is 0 so I'd prefer even 1 point to 0 points.
I belong to the group who "used to" get gold by having amex and mileage runs. So segments were never relevant.

But yeah, if you deal with segments, guess its at least more secure to get 1 point, so it shows in statistics.
Just from the sarcastic point of view. downgrade from 4500 points to 240 seems like giving 0.1 points makes the same sense
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:26 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by fassy
Well, this is very sad news... on the other hand it might be that one move which really decimates the elite member group to a point where they can again offer decent elite benefits. (which I do not think will happen....).

So, the rule for next year is to always fly Plus or Business, otherwise not a chance of retaining status. Like a mini-HON program, just that in the end you are entitled to a luke warm soup in ARN-lounge rather than the Porsche transfer in FRA
If you are lucky that is, otherwise it’s NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
So they finally get the Family pooling going and then take away most of the earnings

Why would anyone pick SK now over DY or WOW?

I rarely fly Go anymore but this makes me question the whole OW and Star loyalty going forward. Could be time to redeem redeem redeem 😂😂
Gnopps likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art

If you are lucky that is, otherwise it’s NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Probably I'm lucky if there is no soup for me
SK2751 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBS
So...someone remind me why I wouldn't just fly with Norwegian now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.