Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS | EuroBonus Lifetime Gold (EBG - LTG) [Experiences and Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:09 am
Moderator: SAS
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)

This is a merged thread specifically about the EuroBonus Lifetime Gold (LTG) status level, essentially EuroBonus Gold status for life (yours or the one of SAS is anyone's guess).

For discussions and experience reports about EuroBonus Gold status use the dedicated EBG thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-...-new-post.html

-----

SAS & EuroBonus Introduction / Frequently Asked Questions

Last edited by Nick Art; Jul 10, 2023 at 11:55 am
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:09 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Post SAS | EuroBonus Lifetime Gold (EBG - LTG) [Experiences and Discussions]

SAS Lifetime Gold Status Is Here (Finally)
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Great news �� I guess it will be 10years in a row not just 10years spread out?
Konismarck likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:34 am

Yep, the norwegian article said "i sammenhengende" which means coherent and continuous.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Konismarck
Yep, the norwegian article said "i sammenhengende" which means coherent and continuous.

Okay So I have ways to go then I was gold for 5 years then left now I am at year 2 of EBD so 8 more to go
Konismarck likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
It would be great to know if a Gold year counts when you have a soft landing from Diamond.
Konismarck likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
It would be great to know if a Gold year counts when you have a soft landing from Diamond.
It's said that SAS will have a press release in a few weeks. Hope they will clear that then.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar

Lets hope they clarify it soon.

It would make sense that it does since you are essentially doing twice the flying to get to EBD but then again but clear rules would make it simpler
Konismarck likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite
E-mail from Member Service 6 April 2017:
“...du har været Guld medlem 9 gange så en gang til så er du Life Timer Gold medlem” [you have qualified for gold 9 times so one more and you will become LTG member]

1 May 2017: I qualify for gold for the 10th consecutive time.

E-mail from Member Service 1 May 2017:
“Vores nye system med at man kan blive Life Time Gold med 10 guldperioder selvom man er under 60 år vil træde i kraft i løbet af året. Du vil få besked herom når det sker.” [The new system with LTG after qualifying for gold 10 times for members below 60 years will be introduced later this year. You will be notified when it happens]

Since then, it only went downhill with Member Service backtracking on every promise made and in the end not even being able to confirm that LTG would be introduced at all (in 2018 or later)

I have just emailed them to confirm I will be prioritized to receive the LTG card given I was promised one nearly 1 year ago.

Less than week ago I booked a ML with TK in business to CGK end March just to be sure I will retain my gold status (earning period ends 31 April) in case the LTG was going to be introduced. Against all odds though - my confidence in Eurobonus and their Communication Strategy is below zero.
Konismarck likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Hafnia
E-mail from Member Service 6 April 2017:
“...du har været Guld medlem 9 gange så en gang til så er du Life Timer Gold medlem” [you have qualified for gold 9 times so one more and you will become LTG member]

1 May 2017: I qualify for gold for the 10th consecutive time.

E-mail from Member Service 1 May 2017:
“Vores nye system med at man kan blive Life Time Gold med 10 guldperioder selvom man er under 60 år vil træde i kraft i løbet af året. Du vil få besked herom når det sker.” [The new system with LTG after qualifying for gold 10 times for members below 60 years will be introduced later this year. You will be notified when it happens]

Since then, it only went downhill with Member Service backtracking on every promise made and in the end not even being able to confirm that LTG would be introduced at all (in 2018 or later)

I have just emailed them to confirm I will be prioritized to receive the LTG card given I was promised one nearly 1 year ago.

Less than week ago I booked a ML with TK in business to CGK end March just to be sure I will retain my gold status (earning period ends 31 April) in case the LTG was going to be introduced. Against all odds though - my confidence in Eurobonus and their Communication Strategy is below zero.
I am also worried, as If someone starts with gold this year 2018, and we don't know if SAS can hold it until 2028 without bankrupting or being sold to Lufthansa.
AStarr likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Oh well that's fun. Let's hope SAS stays together for another 8 years so I can get there... who knows. Miracles do happen it seems!
Konismarck likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by AStarr
Oh well that's fun. Let's hope SAS stays together for another 8 years so I can get there... who knows. Miracles do happen it seems!
I am using United as a back up plan , just in case hehe
AStarr likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:03 pm

Formally to be launched in autumn.... heard that before... a couple of times...

Anyway, does 5 x EBD also count? Not sure I want to hang around Europe for 4 more years
sarcastix, Konismarck and AStarr like this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
Formally to be launched in autumn.... heard that before... a couple of times...

Anyway, does 5 x EBD also count? Not sure I want to hang around Europe for 4 more years
I am sure 5*EBD counts as 5 years of the requirement.

But as SK gold is super easy to earn with long haul flying, and there is no minimum SK flight required keeping SK Gold in other regions is not that much of a challenge. I keep it with the few random flights that I can't cover by oneworld.
Konismarck and AStarr like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Is there any way to check how many consecutive years a person already has? I am on 6 or 7, but honestly cannot remember my first year as Gold.
Konismarck likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.