Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS | EuroBonus Lifetime Gold (EBG - LTG) [Experiences and Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS | EuroBonus Lifetime Gold (EBG - LTG) [Experiences and Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by livious
Is there any way to check how many consecutive years a person already has? I am on 6 or 7, but honestly cannot remember my first year as Gold.
I think information on your EB account pages stretches back to the begining of your account, so you can more or less count manually. But there is no official way to see it. And I guess this is why they have been struggling to get it going, find an accurate way of counting.

Then again, it is just a data base of flights, and quite well defined rules, shoudl not be so difficult.
Konismarck likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: EBG, LCAH Gold, HH Gold, IHG RC GE
Originally Posted by Konismarck
March 12, 2018 Oringinal Post at https://www.albertaviation.com/singl...s-Here-Finally
[…]
Points accumulated as a result of using credit cards, car hire, hotel stays or other earning opportunities do not count. However, for those who have been close to qualifying for gold cards a year, it is possible to buy points to reach the annual qualifying limit. Obtaining the gold card after buying up to the limit will count as ordinary earnings.
This part is a bit confusing -- so those who have earned EBG+ by way of basic points given from cards such as the SAS EB Mastercard Premium or SAS EB AmEx Elite won't have their status from those years counted toward the ten consecutive years requirement?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by gentoo
This part is a bit confusing -- so those who have earned EBG+ by way of basic points given from cards such as the SAS EB Mastercard Premium or SAS EB AmEx Elite won't have their status from those years counted toward the ten consecutive years requirement?
I think it is the standard language meaning "Extra points" from purchases. I do not think it applies to the "Basic points" awarded from the Mastercard or AMEX.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by AStarr
Oh well that's fun. Let's hope SAS stays together for another 8 years so I can get there... who knows. Miracles do happen it seems!
Anyways, remember that the card is for Eurobonus' lifetime not for your lifetime. So if you get it in 8 years, and they close down the program, go bust, or whatever, 3 months later, your card is gone too. So you actually want them to hold not only for 8 years, but much longer!
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SK2751
Anyways, remember that the card is for Eurobonus' lifetime not for your lifetime. So if you get it in 8 years, and they close down the program, go bust, or whatever, 3 months later, your card is gone too. So you actually want them to hold not only for 8 years, but much longer!

This is true. I'm still early enough into frequent flying that I could choose a different airline if my goal were a lifetime status achievement. It never had been before - granted, getting any kind of elite status and into this game at all wasn't on my radar until last year... I'm still lost on strategy.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Konismarck
It's said that SAS will have a press release in a few weeks. Hope they will clear that then.
I am certainly hoping "soft landing" gold will count... I was EBG for 5 years, then twice EBD followed by EBG (only EBS otherwise in the soft landing years). On course again for EBD this year, but may not bother beyond EBG if I can qualify this year for the lifetime gold (though the partner gold card is still nice). Will be interesting to see how this plays out!
Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I wonder when they'll confirm this, I have 10+ consecutive years of EBG/D. I'll update here if they issue it.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by fassy
Anyway, does 5 x EBD also count? Not sure I want to hang around Europe for 4 more years
It is so trivial to requalify EBD even when not based in Europe that it really shouldn't keep you from a better life elsewhere. I'm glad to be back in the states.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I would not be surprised if SAS' own frequent flyer program bites the dust well before my lifetime ends.

And given the trend of airlines gutting the value frequent flyer members get from the airline frequent flyer programs, lifetime elite status with SAS as a pursuit doesn't strike me as something I'd do at this point. If I were within a year or two of getting the lifetime status, maybe I'd pursue it. But with a ten-year consecutive status requirement, that's not going to work for me at this point. Good howeer for those for whom it works.
AStarr likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I would not be surprised if SAS' own frequent flyer program bites the dust well before my lifetime ends.

And given the trend of airlines gutting the value frequent flyer members get from the airline frequent flyer programs, lifetime elite status with SAS as a pursuit doesn't strike me as something I'd do at this point. If I were within a year or two of getting the lifetime status, maybe I'd pursue it. But with a ten-year consecutive status requirement, that's not going to work for me at this point. Good howeer for those for whom it works.
If you aimed for a lifetime status with any program, where would you go?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
Just received the email about being granted Lifetime Gold. Been Gold/Diamond since 2004.
AStarr likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by BHIL
Just received the email about being granted Lifetime Gold. Been Gold/Diamond since 2004.
I got the email as well ^^^^^. Gold since 2008 (and Diamond since that started).

Svantevit
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus
Originally Posted by Jainzar
It would be great to know if a Gold year counts when you have a soft landing from Diamond.
I can confirm that it does. Got the email today, and I had a soft landing from diamond (after a soft landing from pandion)!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Pallegd

I can confirm that it does.

Thank you.
Got the email today, and I had a soft landing from diamond (after a soft landing from pandion)!
Well planned! And welcome at FT.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I did not get an email yet. I have been Gold, and a single Diamond year, since 2008.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.