Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS | EuroBonus Lifetime Gold (EBG - LTG) [Experiences and Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS | EuroBonus Lifetime Gold (EBG - LTG) [Experiences and Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Got the e-mail too. It is a big surprise to me. I'm not EBG for some 5 years anymore. I have been an EBG for more than 10 years in a row previously. I am significantly younger than 50. Change of rules or accidental luck?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by dabee69
Got the e-mail too. It is a big surprise to me. I'm not EBG for some 5 years anymore. I have been an EBG for more than 10 years in a row previously. I am significantly younger than 50. Change of rules or accidental luck?
Change of rules. 10 consecutive years. No age limit
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:40 am

Programs: EBG (*G), QR Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I did not get an email yet. I have been Gold, and a single Diamond year, since 2008.
I did not get it yet either. Gold for the last 12 years.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
What about someone who has been Gold since 2009, then once Diamond in 2015 and then dropped to Silver, then requalified, would this then not count towards LTG since the Gold years were not consecutive?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
What about someone who has been Gold since 2009, then once Diamond in 2015 and then dropped to Silver, then requalified, would this then not count towards LTG since the Gold years were not consecutive?
If you first qualified for gold in the period starting in 2009, you are not 10 years until you reach gold in your qualifying year starting in 2018. That's one.

Second, if you have a year starting as silver, I would expect that to be a break, and the count starts from zero. Even if you requalified as gold during that year. But to be honest, until SK publishes the details we will not know that.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:16 am

If you first qualified for gold in the period starting in 2009, you are not 10 years until you reach gold in your qualifying year starting in 2018. That's one.

Second, if you have a year starting as silver, I would expect that to be a break, and the count starts from zero. Even if you requalified as gold during that year. But to be honest, until SK publishes the details we will not know that.
Requalifying starting 2018 likely won't be an issue, but when I have 10 years total of qualfied gold I'm worried that that means back to square one.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Requalifying starting 2018 likely won't be an issue, but when I have 10 years total of qualfied gold I'm worried that that means back to square one.
I have two trains of thought on this one.

They want to limit the number of life time golds, and thus they will be very strict on the 10 year consecutive. I.e. your silver start sets you back to square one.

The cost of giving life time gold, compared to the potential incremental revenues that the loyalty brings means they are less strict, and as long as you qualified during the year they'll count it.

I can see pros and cons for both so I am looking forward to understanding what road SK is taking.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Thank you.

Well planned! And welcome at FT.
Thank you. I have used the forum for years to find information, but never really had any answers for other people's questions until now :-)
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:28 am

I am sure 5*EBD counts as 5 years of the requirement.

But as SK gold is super easy to earn with long haul flying, and there is no minimum SK flight required keeping SK Gold in other regions is not that much of a challenge. I keep it with the few random flights that I can't cover by oneworld.
So one Diamond would equal 2 years of gold out of 10 if I understood you correctly? This could help me with my issue of one year left off.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So one Diamond would equal 2 years of gold out of 10 if I understood you correctly? This could help me with my issue of one year left off.
I am fairly sure I did not write that One year of Diamond counts as one year if gold. If you have used the soft landing from Diamond to Gold, it seems that year counts as well based on reports.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: SK*Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Melia Gold
Letter arrived today

This came by post today. No new card though, and there seems to be no mention of it on the online profile, but I guess is it now official.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
Originally Posted by radu

This came by post today. No new card though, and there seems to be no mention of it on the online profile, but I guess is it now official.
I received a similar letter yesterday. I nice gesture 👍🏻
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:16 am

Just hope they don't take the "every time you choose SAS" too serious and castrate the Life Time Gold from being a *A Gold, to an exclusive EuroBonus Gold which is not recognized by *A partners. This is what I would do to control costs of the program... and the words for that are already in the letter
AStarr likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fassy
Just hope they don't take the "every time you choose SAS" too serious and castrate the Life Time Gold from being a *A Gold, to an exclusive EuroBonus Gold which is not recognized by *A partners. This is what I would do to control costs of the program... and the words for that are already in the letter
I was kind of thinking the same thing. The wording is a bit ominous.

We have to wait for someone currently not gold getting a new card and reporting what is printed on it. Or the website being fully updated
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
Nice spotted. But then again. What else should they write? That is the only thing they can guarantee at present time. They could have written "..SAS and it's Star Alliance Partners" but who knows if SAS is still a member in 10, 15 or 20 years from now? This is classic communication which has been past the legal advisor. I would be surprised if the LTG is limited to SAS only but if it is, I would still be happy. This is an extra perk, not something we were ever entitled to when we joined to program.
radu likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.