Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS to face Ryainair at CPH starting in March 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS to face Ryainair at CPH starting in March 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
And the runway is long enough for their 738s with downtuned engines, so why not?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by UltraRant
Ah, would be typcial Ryanair: Copenhagen (Kaunas).

But why Kaunas? They already have had a base there for many years, now.

Also, none of the airports, except Sturup, would be an alternative. Ans then they need to set up a proper bus or train over the Øresund. They used to have that, some years ago. I remember taking a FR flight from MMX to STN with a bus from Copenhagen city center...

@fassy: are they KIDding us?

@UA1K_no_more: isn't that what unions are about? Solidarity at the cost of others?
The plan with Kaunas, according to Danish media last week, was to base the aircraft there, have an early flight to CPH and then operate the CPH rotations, ending with a late flight to Kaunas.
Will see if I can find a link to an article.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
That would be a bit like they've operated the Beauvais routes for many years. Send an early flight there and operate it from there for the rest of the day, then send it 'home' again.

Still, why Kaunas? One aircraft, sure, but there are bases closer by with routes that, I can imagine, also might be more profitable... GDN or BRE, for example.

EDIT:

Wait, there's a one hour time difference with KUN, which makes that operations at CPH can start early. Sending the last flight home so it lands in the middle of the night is probably not causing protest by authorities in Kaunas...

Last edited by UltraRant; Jul 11, 2015 at 1:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.