Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS to face Ryainair at CPH starting in March 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS to face Ryainair at CPH starting in March 2015

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
TRF is also called Oslo by FR. It's a 105 minute drive to the center of the city. They have interesting ideas about geography.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
Originally Posted by UltraRant
Honestly, with the introduction of their fast track at several airports and their flexible business product at, especially compared to SAS, very low fares, and their strive to be more customer friendly (something SAS should learn from), I think they might actually become a serious threat to SK.
Are you suggesting that the experience of flying with Ryanair is more customer friendly than flying with SAS?

If you believe that SAS should learn customer service from Ryanair, then I beg to differ.

ScandiGB
Old Feb 12, 2015, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by ScandiGB
Are you suggesting that the experience of flying with Ryanair is more customer friendly than flying with SAS?

If you believe that SAS should learn customer service from Ryanair, then I beg to differ.

ScandiGB
I am not suggesting that. Don't put false words in my mouth. I am suggesting that improving service level is something SK also should do. So, yes, that they can learn from from FR.

Anyway, if FR is putting an effort in closing the gap with other airlines for customer friendliness, then I think SK might indeed have something to worry about, as SK didn't put the bar too high itself.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
TRF is also called Oslo by FR. It's a 105 minute drive to the center of the city. They have interesting ideas about geography.
They used to market Bratislava as "Vienna". Sure, it's "only" 65 kilometers between the cities, but not even landing in the right country?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 12:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
They used to market Bratislava as "Vienna". Sure, it's "only" 65 kilometers between the cities, but not even landing in the right country?
Is 40 miles really that big a deal? I've seen taxis charge passengers (myself included sometimes) from VIE to central Vienna nearly as much as car service from VIE to our embassy in Bratislava.

Ryanair is sort of notorious for this kind of thing with out of the way airports. They used to advertise the Malmo-Sturup airport in Sweden as "Copenhagen". I'm not sure when or if that has stopped or will be stopped.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:06 am

40 miles is not a big deal. Agree.

But there is a huge difference in flying into LHR and LTN - also in transer times and costs. As is the case with FR and "Stockholm", "Hamburg", "Paris", "Barcelona", "Frankfurt", "Rome" and multiple other FR destinations. Just like DY calls Oakland San Francisco.

To me it is not honest communication.

An FR is not flying to Malmö anymore AFAIK.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Is 40 miles really that big a deal? I've seen taxis charge passengers (myself included sometimes) from VIE to central Vienna nearly as much as car service from VIE to our embassy in Bratislava.
My main issue with calling Bratislava "Vienna" isn't the distance. My main issue is that the airport isn't even in the same country. In how many other places does that happen? FR was criticized for this, and they now market the airport as Bratislava.
Ryanair is sort of notorious for this kind of thing with out of the way airports.
I am well aware of their "creative" marketing, having flown from "Stockholm-Skavsta" many times.
They used to advertise the Malmo-Sturup airport in Sweden as "Copenhagen". I'm not sure when or if that has stopped or will be stopped.
Since they stopped flying from Sturup in November, I'm pretty sure it has stopped
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Just like DY calls Oakland San Francisco.
At least DY calls it Oakland - San Francisco, which isn't even that wrongs as it's on the bay as well in one big metropolis. Just like Fort Lauderdale is Fort Lauderdale-Miami. Even AA advertises it as such.

FR actually advertises it as Oslo (Torp), Oslo (Rygge), Stockholm (Skavsta), Paris (Beauvais), Brussels (Charleroi), etc. That I deem false advertising.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:19 am

At least DY calls it Oakland - San Francisco, which isn't even that wrongs as it's on the bay as well in one big metropolis. Just like Fort Lauderdale is Fort Lauderdale-Miami. Even AA advertises it as such.

FR actually advertises it as Oslo (Torp), Oslo (Rygge), Stockholm (Skavsta), Paris (Beauvais), Brussels (Charleroi), etc. That I deem false advertising.
And try to sit in a taxi from SFO to the centre - and then one from Oakland across the Oakland bridge to the centre - especially in rush hour. The fare difference is huge. Oakland is not San Francisco. Especially if cost is your primary concern . Admittet I am not a big fan of DY - too many hard learned lessons on their short haul and too much dishonesty and lies on the IC operations.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:59 am

Espacially you don't want to get lost in Oakland... Heard stories about tourists which tried to save money to get to The other side of the bay by public transportation and ended up in the wrong corners more than once.

Which is kind of strange as there are two lines on the BART from Oakland international to S.Fo.

So, for me it is absolutely okay to fly to Oakland and actual after the Asiana accident I was also put down there. Not a problem at all.

Anyway, I think there should be clear rules for LCC marketing the destinations - Frankfurt Hahn is so far out in the wild you will have no idea how to get from there to FRA if you are not local.

I hope this will be regulated sooner or later, sane as the advertised pricing regulation was issued some years ago. No more (or nearly no more) 9,95€ fares advertised and marked up by 49€ for additional services during check-out
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

And try to sit in a taxi from SFO to the centre - and then one from Oakland across the Oakland bridge to the centre - especially in rush hour. The fare difference is huge. Oakland is not San Francisco. Especially if cost is your primary concern . Admittet I am not a big fan of DY - too many hard learned lessons on their short haul and too much dishonesty and lies on the IC operations.
SFO and OAK have a long history of being considered co-terminal by multiple major U.S. airlines.

Same for MIA and FLL, JFK and EWR and many such airports serving a given metropolitan area.

Ryanair is another story when there has been no long, multi-airline history of that coterminal sort.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:04 am

And try to sit in a taxi from SFO to the centre - and then one from Oakland across the Oakland bridge to the centre - especially in rush hour. The fare difference is huge. Oakland is not San Francisco. Especially if cost is your primary concern .
That's why there's something like a SuperShuttle and a BART, for example. I honestly don't see the point in getting a taxi from Oakland when being cost concerned.

It's the same as stating that Newark is not New York, basically. Newark is even in a different state... To me it's just a bunch of airports serving their respective metropolitan areas.

Admittet I am not a big fan of DY - too many hard learned lessons on their short haul
I also had them completely written off a while ago. But they have actually improved their game. Compared to current SAS it's actually quite good, especially for what you pay.
Same goes for KLM. They also improved their game and are now significantly better than 3 or 4 years ago (except for the hold luggage fees).

and too much dishonesty and lies on the IC operations.
Fully agreed on this one.
Old May 18, 2015, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by The Irish Independent
The Mayor of Copenhagen has banned city officials from using Irish budget airline Ryanair for official travel.

Frank Jensen announced recently that none of Copenhagen’s roughly 45,000 employees are permitted to use the carrier for official travel. He said that this was due to the wages that the airline pays its staff and its lack of a Danish collective bargaining agreement.
Old May 18, 2015, 7:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Is there any other carrier flying out of CPH which is off limits to city employees? Or is this to be the only such ban in place this year for these govt employees?

The government employees must be celebrating while the taxpayers in the main perhaps should not be.
Old May 18, 2015, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Is there any other carrier flying out of CPH which is off limits to city employees? Or is this to be the only such ban in place this year for these govt employees?

The government employees must be celebrating while the taxpayers in the main perhaps should not be.
As far as I know it is the only ban in place for airlines, so far. The city of Copenhagen has a general set of ethical requirements for vendors, that also covers working conditions, it is with reference to these that they are banning the usage of Ryanair. Copenhagen is not the first city in Denmark to do this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.