Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Revised food & beverage offering for Go / Plus & Business starting Q2/2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Revised food & beverage offering for Go / Plus & Business starting Q2/2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2014, 1:01 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It was not just an option for Go customers to buy an upgraded breakfast?? Would surprise me otherwise, but maybe they are feeling more heat from.Norwegian than they expected and they need to get the base price down a bit, and the total price up a bit.
This is a quote from the email

"SAS Plussassa ruoka ja juoma sisältyy hintaan kun taas SAS Go -luokan aamiaisesta veloitetaan. Kahvi, tee ja lehdet ovat edelleen maksuttomia. "

That made me beleive that it will be for sale only...

For economy non status passangers are there really any reasons to pick sas anymore....
Old Mar 29, 2014, 1:26 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
You seem to be forgetting that quite large fraction of the market selects by price.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 5:19 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
It is about short haul I guess, not long haul. Some routes (domestic?) had free breakfast in Go, not anymore.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ranskis
It is about short haul I guess, not long haul. Some routes (domestic?) had free breakfast in Go, not anymore.
That makes sense, I have seen that as well. For Go on domestic where there used to be free breakfast it is now for purchase. And still free in Plus. Basically bringing domestic in line with other short haul.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by ranskis
If that is so then I guess they could make it more clear
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:55 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
The "breakfast-no-longer-free" applies to domestic flights in Norway (and Sweden?) on flights before 9AM. Breakfast was free (and the same) for all passengers, irrespective of class. Starting tomorrow, breakfast is free in Plus only. Coffee/tea is still free, though.

The change is not surprising, really. Except for seating, there were no difference at all between Go and Plus on the morning flights, so in order to keep up with the difference between the classes the rest of the day, they probably had to do this.

Last edited by ksu; Mar 30, 2014 at 9:06 am
Old Mar 30, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: EBD
Food has become considerably better after 4PM in SAS Plus on longer European routes (at least CPH-MXP starting from yesterday).
It actually tastes very well and looks tempting. All comes in a box containing a three course dinner and a piece of Valrhona chocolate, and wine is served in the well-known beautiful glasses. That's the way to go
Old Apr 1, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SK Silver, AB Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I was on SK998 from PVG-CPH yesterday. In SAS Go, alcoholic drinks are always not free, and only one free non-alcoholic drink with meal.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: SK*G, IC RA
Flew OSL-CPH yesterday and no real food was offered in SAS plus. Only chips and a chocolate bar was offered. Quite disappointing.

Looking at the menu it appears all sandwiches/wraps (and spirits) has been removed from the intra-nordic flighs.

This may be old news here on flyertalk but I was quite surprised - and so was quite a few other passengers it seemed.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: SK EBS
Originally Posted by teekkari
I was on SK998 from PVG-CPH yesterday. In SAS Go, alcoholic drinks are always not free, and only one free non-alcoholic drink with meal.
I flew with SK903 and SK910 last week in SAS Go. No more snack service before lunch/dinner. You get a bottle of still water in the seat pocket. No alcoholic beverages for free, even with the meal, no hot towels, only water runs during meals, no more free candy/snacks and beverages in the aft galley..
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by dk_commuter
Flew OSL-CPH yesterday and no real food was offered in SAS plus. Only chips and a chocolate bar was offered. Quite disappointing.
I flew CPH-TXL twice in PLUS recently. I almost never fly PLUS, so I was quite disappointed to see that we got only a boxed sandwich (with essentially no choice). I seem to remember that when PLUS was introduced the message was that one can choose anything from the menu, and there were some options that migt be more attractive than a sandwich if you need a snack. I actually did not realize that PLUS might have been cut down -- I thought that this was because TXL-CPH is a very short flight, so assortment is limited. But I did not ask.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by Jespersm
Food has become considerably better after 4PM in SAS Plus on longer European routes (at least CPH-MXP starting from yesterday).
It actually tastes very well and looks tempting. All comes in a box containing a three course dinner and a piece of Valrhona chocolate, and wine is served in the well-known beautiful glasses. That's the way to go
Good to hear! Will check next week on same route.

I think it was stated by SAS, that there would be a hot meat on medium to long intra-European routes in the evening. Was your main course served warm?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 3:12 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Good to hear! Will check next week on same route.

I think it was stated by SAS, that there would be a hot meat on medium to long intra-European routes in the evening. Was your main course served warm?
No, it was a cold, but tasty, meal. Supposed to change every Wednesday. If you want something hot, they still have their 'famous' pancake with tomato sauce.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Diamond
Just flew back up MXP-CPH this morning. It was a 11:20am departure but I asked if they had any breakfast left; they did. I was really surprised, it's a lot better than what it used to be. Now it comes with double ham, double cheese, more bread and jam. Price is the same I think (DKK 65).
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:33 pm

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Lack of strategy

I think it's sad how SAS has fallen. They try to be everything for everybody, but end up being nothing for nobody. However, my biggest pet peeve is the lack of cleanliness. One thing is that the beige fuselage looks dirty, but inside the cabin I'm now used to find food scraps, used airsickness bags (though so far only with rubbish) and on Wednesday the seat next to me was blocked and covered up with a blanket. I lifted it, and I can only imagine what had happened there during the last flight. As any good chairman CEO I would implement the following changes:

1) Reintroduce Economy and Economy Extra/Eco Plus names. Current names mean nothing, and personally I think of Go as Go xxxx yourself.
2) Free drinks & snacks in Economy, and have a choice of 2 mains on longhaul. Even DY offers choice...
3) Get rid of meal boxes in Y+
4) Start cleaning the planes. You can say a lot of things about LH, but at least their planes are clean and it has a very professional atmosphere onboard even though it reminds me of my dentist's surgery. I've had allergy fits from dustmite on SAS, but never on any other airline.
5) Change the livery and uniforms. Something fresh & inspiring. Scandinavia is full of great designers.
6) Go after LH, BA & KL instead of DY. Twice weekly flights to Murcia during the summer season will not save the airline, and high value travellers seem to avoid SAS (I'm one of them).

I'm fully aware this represents extra costs, but SAS will not be able to get a revenue premium with a sub-par product

Last edited by oliver2002; Apr 14, 2014 at 1:07 am Reason: lets keep WWII references were they belong

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.