FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1041467-optiontown-com-paid-upgrades-sas.html)

tourist Jul 27, 2011 9:43 am

Originally Posted by luminalflux (Post 16805673)
(first time caller, long time lurker)

Welcome!

Originally Posted by luminalflux (Post 16805673)
Received email from SAS today saying i'm now in booking class Z and booking tool shows i'm in business. Optiontown, funnily enough, isn't showing that i've been upgraded yet.

I don't think that's unusual, the same has happened to me. Enjoy your trip!

copperred Jul 29, 2011 7:48 am

Successful upgrade on SK926 from optiontown

I was successful in upgrading from E+ to C on 22JUL on SK926 IAD-CPH. Business was almost empty! There were maybe 10 people all together. I'd been told the flight was completely full by SK customer service and then again by EB that there were no available *A upgrades, so I took my chance. I have another back on SK925 in a few days. Fingers crossed.

steveDK Aug 3, 2011 1:06 pm

Optiontown RIP-OFF!

I paid Optiontown 140 euros for an upgrade on a flight EWR-CPH on June 21st. Optiontown notified me on June 20 that I had received an approved upgrade travel option (UTO) from Econ. to Econ.Extra. But at check-in, SAS said the flight was full and that the Optiontown upgrade was useless. I had to use my Eurobonus miles instead to get upgraded. To get my refund, I sent Optiontown a scanned note from SAS, receipts, etc. Despite several mails to Optiontown, I have NOT been able to receive my 140 Euro refund from them. The refund is promised in 5 days. It is now 6 weeks. So watch out! Perhaps a complaint forum for Optiontown would be useful. Perhaps pressure on SAS for Optiontown to start treating their customers right!

fluxie Aug 3, 2011 1:17 pm

Hello. Earlier this summer i was upgraded on OSL-EWR Monkey -> C. Eurobonus points posted successfully after 2 days. On my way home I was not upgraded, and when I got my credit card bill, I saw that the money was refunded after 6 days. I have no negatives to hand out to Optiontown yet.

It seems that some are unlucky with Optiontown and some are lucky(not only with upgrades, but with points, refunds, tickets etc). These issues MUST be adressed soon.

ILS2 Aug 3, 2011 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by steveDK (Post 16853180)
Perhaps a complaint forum for Optiontown would be useful. Perhaps pressure on SAS for Optiontown to start treating their customers right!

Please write SAS CR about this. They proudly announced to me that "they had never received any complaints regarding Optiontown", so maybe it's time they wake up? It's not only Optiontown's fault. SAS has not informed their ground staff well enough about the system, and many times we've had to argue our way to the upgrade - which had been confirmed hours before - only to have problems getting the correct miles credited from EuroBonus.

A complaint thread here does not do much unless the unhappy customers complain to SAS CR...

JamesBond_ppk Aug 3, 2011 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by ILS2 (Post 16853900)
A complaint thread here does not do much unless the unhappy customers complain to SAS CR...

Exactly. Clearly in this case, it was SAS fault on the ground not to give the upgrade that you paid for. Furthermore upgrading for points when an upgrade for cash was already cleared can

1 prove that the agent was buxxxting you about the flight being full: clearly your paid upgrade was valid.
2 only confuse Optiontown afterwards since you ended up traveling in the class you paid them for.

Go get them!

Egor Aug 4, 2011 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Egor (Post 16801588)
Pretty strange experience.
My upgrade M->C shown as confirmed on optiontown website, but still no e-mail from OT, my itinirary on Virtually There still shows economy and SAS web check-in let me select seat from economy. Also economy shown as wide open on this flights (EMHG/9+)
The question is - would it be safer to wait to check-in at airport (I already selected desired seat for first leg and it seems "stored") or I can safely check-in online and than just change boarding pass for second leg in airport?

P.S. Flight is SK 983 CPH-NRT on July 27th fwiw

Finally got my C boarding pass at gate in CPH (in LED I received single BP for both flights in M)
Now getting miles on A3 is another story...

Someone83 Aug 4, 2011 6:43 am

Finally got the points for my 2 upgrades in July after the SAS Facebook team helped me out :)

No response from Optiontwon and negative response when using the EBG-mail

traveller1971 Aug 4, 2011 8:43 am

Originally Posted by steveDK (Post 16853180)
I paid Optiontown 140 euros for an upgrade on a flight EWR-CPH on June 21st. Optiontown notified me on June 20 that I had received an approved upgrade travel option (UTO) from Econ. to Econ.Extra. But at check-in, SAS said the flight was full and that the Optiontown upgrade was useless.

That's interesting. Normally when notified by Optiontown that my upgrade has come through, I go to Checkmytrip and re-print the ticket showing the new travel class (in case there are problems at check-in, which I have never had before, I strongly recommend this). And I check-in online once the upgrade has come through if I have time time. If my documents do not reflect the upgrade prior to airport arrival, I would be sending an email immediately to Optiontown. They normally respond to email queries quite quickly and even if you are already travelling to the airport, hopefully they are trying to fix the problem behind the scenes.

I wonder what would have happened if you had arrived at the airport with a PE boarding pass or presented a PE ticket to check-in staff? Maybe they would have upgraded you to Business to save face ;-)

I have found Optiontown to be quite good so far, but the proof of good customer service is when something goes wrong, I guess.

Someone83 Aug 4, 2011 1:19 pm

When I've been successfully upgraded by Optiontown, OLCI has not been possible. So bring your own boarding card may not be that easy

traveller1971 Aug 5, 2011 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Someone83 (Post 16859971)
When I've been successfully upgraded by Optiontown, OLCI has not been possible. So bring your own boarding card may not be that easy

Also interesting. I was able to do this on a Malev flight out of BUD a few weeks ago after the Optiontown upgrade came through. Perhaps carrier-specific limitations?

Nevertheless, bringing the e-ticket reflecting the upgraded class would still be an interesting experiment to see what would happen at check-in.

hbush Aug 5, 2011 2:38 am

Originally Posted by traveller1971 (Post 16863445)
Perhaps carrier-specific limitations? Nevertheless, bringing the e-ticket reflecting the upgraded class would still be an interesting experiment to see what would happen at check-in.

Must be carrier-specific. For example, after Optiontown upgrades to Business on BT flights I was always able to check-in electronically, choose the seat and print out Boarding Pass with upgraded status. Works OK at business check-in counter (if you need to check-in any luggage) or directly at security and gate, both flying from Riga and from many other places where on-line check-in is available for BT flights.

It's worth to wait with on-line check-in until Optiontown has decided will there be an upgrade or not because it seems somehow harder or even impossible for Optiontown to make upgrade if you already have checked-in with initial (non-upgraded) ticket. Optiontown specifically mentions that on their website when you look for upgrading results.

jjessen Aug 5, 2011 2:55 am

Originally Posted by traveller1971 (Post 16858121)
That's interesting. Normally when notified by Optiontown that my upgrade has come through, I go to Checkmytrip and re-print the ticket showing the new travel class

Based on my own experience and reading this thread i think when the ticket is issued by SK then this works. Is the ticket issued by somebody else (like WF in my case) then you will not receive a new eticket in advance and the upgrade will be done at checkin or the gate.

But opposite to what other people have experienced Optiontown sorted out the missing EB points for me after a short email.

tourist Aug 5, 2011 3:01 am

Originally Posted by jjessen (Post 16863556)
Based on my own experience and reading this thread i think when the ticket is issued by SK then this works. Is the ticket issued by somebody else (like WF in my case) then you will not receive a new eticket in advance and the upgrade will be done at checkin or the gate.

Clever observation, that could be the explanation. Thank you.

joemume Aug 5, 2011 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Someone83 (Post 16859971)

Given the above theory about non-SK issued tickets, have your tickets been issued by WF, Someone83? I have had no issues on my upgrades, but all tickets have been issued by SK, so that might explain things.. :D