FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1041467-optiontown-com-paid-upgrades-sas.html)

SK525 May 24, 2011 8:23 am

Originally Posted by The Viking (Post 16438821)
I'm due for EWR mid-June, and considering upgrading both ways. There might be som uncertainty due to serious illness in my close family. If I cancel my flight BEFORE my upgrade clears, will the upgrade costs automatically refund?

Hi, yes, I have cancelled flights where I had signed up for OptionTown upgrade at two occasions. As soon as the date of the originally booked flight has passed you will get the money refunded automatically since there in fact was no upgrade.

coastdk May 24, 2011 12:57 pm

Well - I've given in and decided to chance it sign up for the UTo upgrade (Eco to Business) on my return flight flight from EWR to CPH on Friday 3rd June.

However for the outbound leg this coming Saturday I'll be crossing my fingers and hoping to upgrade with points.

I figured I'd rather spend the money on more comfort on the overnight flight.

If it doesn't work out for me with the point upgrade on Saturday I'll be experiencing my first SAS Economy long haul flight :eek: :eek: Wish me luck ^

Long leg May 25, 2011 8:11 am

Originally Posted by SK525 (Post 16440279)
Hi, yes, I have cancelled flights where I had signed up for OptionTown upgrade at two occasions. As soon as the date of the originally booked flight has passed you will get the money refunded automatically since there in fact was no upgrade.

Beware Though. If your upgrade clears and you decide to change the flight, be sure to do it well before. After the upgrade has cleared Optiontown will be able to move your Uto to the new date (same PNR). However, if you're not upgraded on that flight your money is lost.

joorinainen May 27, 2011 9:35 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 16337303)
Jettime (JG) is the danish charter company KF is using to cover the gap the late arrival of the 717 created. Your miles are safe, the flight is a wetlease and operates as KF in all respect as far as miles are concerned.

Actual experience is a different matter. JG operates with ancient 737s, there is free seating like Ryanair and drinks are served free with no option to buy on board. C pax are given vouchers that entitle them to a sandwich. I had the 'pleasure' to fly JG instead of KF metal last december with my family and it was terrible (compared to normal KF). I expected the 'new' 717 too and not some charter crap.

I had the "pleasure" to fly this 737. It was so bad that i wrote customer feedback to KF. :mad: I have never seen so limited seat pitch and width in any of the planes which i have flown in the past. Even Ryanair's pitch is great compared to that cramped and old bird. Not to mention that i was in J. Service was nice and polite but the hard product was amazingly bad.

VirreVapp May 28, 2011 3:11 am

Still waiting..

We're 6 days away from our longhaul flight now with SAS, I've paid optiontown for upgrade to both economy extra and business for the wife and kids. So they are waiting eagerly now to see if they'll be joining me up front... I guess it will still be another 3-4 days until we will hear anything...

coastdk May 28, 2011 6:11 am

I got lucky by taking a chance on a points upgrade, rather than paying for Optiontown today.

Business class was overbooked but in the end I guess a couple of people didn't turn up because after check in closed I was given my new boarding pass for a nice seat in the business class cabin!

Not so luckily there is a technical problem with the plane so we're just waiting and waiting for information now... I pray they don't cancel the flight because I don't want to lose my upgrade!! (or a day of my holiday for that matter)

kauppias May 29, 2011 5:41 am

blue1 upgrades

Seems funny how the dynamic availability works as I am booked on two flights with KF in the next week and one allowed a upgrade and one says not available same destination and same availability wise seats wise open :) infact the fare paid is also the same... makes little sense to me :) does anyone have any insight to how the system works? ie should one favor flight at a certain time of day over others for upgrades?

Any insight is surely appreciated :)

joorinainen May 29, 2011 11:48 am

Originally Posted by kauppias (Post 16468074)
Seems funny how the dynamic availability works as I am booked on two flights with KF in the next week and one allowed a upgrade and one says not available same destination and same availability wise seats wise open :) infact the fare paid is also the same... makes little sense to me :) does anyone have any insight to how the system works? ie should one favor flight at a certain time of day over others for upgrades?

Any insight is surely appreciated :)

Hi! I was wondering the same thing when i first used optiontown. I really think that it has nothing to do with actual availability. Could be UTO+KF glitch. I had all my 4 flights with "Uto not available" but after i contacted optiontown they opened all the flights for upgrade.

magiske Jun 1, 2011 12:53 am

Originally Posted by VirreVapp (Post 16463726)
We're 6 days away from our longhaul flight now with SAS, I've paid optiontown for upgrade to both economy extra and business for the wife and kids. So they are waiting eagerly now to see if they'll be joining me up front... I guess it will still be another 3-4 days until we will hear anything...

I am flying CPH-WAS this friday(3/Jun). Just got my upgrade yesterday, from extra to business. So that was 3 days before, not that bad.

/M

VirreVapp Jun 1, 2011 1:21 am

still no news...

Originally Posted by magiske (Post 16482563)
I am flying CPH-WAS this friday(3/Jun). Just got my upgrade yesterday, from extra to business. So that was 3 days before, not that bad.

/M

2 days away now, still no word...

kauppias Jun 1, 2011 1:48 am

Originally Posted by joorinainen (Post 16469331)
Hi! I was wondering the same thing when i first used optiontown. I really think that it has nothing to do with actual availability. Could be UTO+KF glitch. I had all my 4 flights with "Uto not available" but after i contacted optiontown they opened all the flights for upgrade.

Thanks, kiitos :)

I did that and now the return portion was opened up better late then never ;)

too bad they are so slow to reply to emails as I emailed them before the first flight :)

joorinainen Jun 1, 2011 6:50 am

Originally Posted by kauppias (Post 16482676)
Thanks, kiitos :)

I did that and now the return portion was opened up better late then never ;)

too bad they are so slow to reply to emails as I emailed them before the first flight :)

Your welcome! ^

SirRagnar Jun 2, 2011 1:51 am

Purchased an UTO for CPH-ORD. Some days later I had to change the flight to 2 days later. Called optiontown subsequently to change it. Had to pay an additional €38 but it was transferred to my new flight.

The new flight is this Sunday and now when checking my trip on (the new horrible) checkmytrip.com I noticed I was in business. Was able to pick a C-seat on sas.dk and my e-ticket on eitr.amadeusasia.com have me in Z-class now.

But I have not received any email from SAS, Optiontown or Wideroe (purchased through Wideroe) and when I check my UTO on Optiontown it is listed as "Upgrade decision pending".

I am very puzzled about this and have this small fear in the back of my head that the upgrade have not really happened.

Anyone tried anything similar?

joemume Jun 2, 2011 1:59 am

Originally Posted by SirRagnar (Post 16489241)

But I have not received any email from SAS, Optiontown or Wideroe (purchased through Wideroe) and when I check my UTO on Optiontown it is listed as "Upgrade decision pending".

I am very puzzled about this and have this small fear in the back of my head that the upgrade have not really happened.

Anyone tried anything similar?

I think you're all good! If the ticket is issued as Z, the decision has been made, and all is well. Usually SAS issues an e-mail with your new e-ticket, but as long as Amadeus says Z, you're golden! :D

SirRagnar Jun 2, 2011 2:14 am

Originally Posted by joemume (Post 16489267)
I think you're all good! If the ticket is issued as Z, the decision has been made, and all is well. Usually SAS issues an e-mail with your new e-ticket, but as long as Amadeus says Z, you're golden! :D

Just the kind of affirmation I was looking for, thanks :)

Edit:
And what do you know, now I received the email from Optiontown with the upgrade :)