Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Has anyone done a transfer from SFO international to domestic?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone done a transfer from SFO international to domestic?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 7:45 am

I'm flying JFK-SFO-SYD in a few weeks. JFK-SFO on AA lands at 7:45PM, presumably in T2. SFO-SYD on QF departs 10:25PM from the International Terminal (presumably gates 1-12). I've only flown SFO a few times - from what I can tell I have to clear security again but I would also like to visit the Centurion lounge if I have time (T3 near gate 74).

What's the best way to do this, clear security in T3 or the International Terminal?
Old May 30, 2019, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by callsignapollo
I'm flying JFK-SFO-SYD in a few weeks. JFK-SFO on AA lands at 7:45PM, presumably in T2. SFO-SYD on QF departs 10:25PM from the International Terminal (presumably gates 1-12). I've only flown SFO a few times - from what I can tell I have to clear security again but I would also like to visit the Centurion lounge if I have time (T3 near gate 74).

What's the best way to do this, clear security in T3 or the International Terminal?
AMEX lounge is in T3. QF flies out of INTL terminal concourse A. Not connected airside. T3 is connected airside with INTL terminal concourse G.

​​​​​​You would have to clear security twice at SFO. The often crowded AMEX lounge is not worth it IMO.
Old May 30, 2019, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17
AMEX lounge is in T3. QF flies out of INTL terminal concourse A. Not connected airside. T3 is connected airside with INTL terminal concourse G.

​​​​​​You would have to clear security twice at SFO. The often crowded AMEX lounge is not worth it IMO.
Oh boy. I didn't realise the international concourses were separated. Thanks for the reply!
Old May 30, 2019, 2:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by callsignapollo
Oh boy. I didn't realise the international concourses were separated. Thanks for the reply!
The long-term plan is to connect the two international concourses, but that won’t happen anytime soon. I agree with the above opinion that these days the crowding at Centurion Lounge is such that it’s probably not worth a second trip through security.

If you have Priority Pass, you can use it at the Air France Lounge in the A concourse (same as your departing flight). However, PP holders are admitted only at certain times: 0730-1130, 1530-1830, and 2030-2345. You could try getting in before 2030, but my experience and other reports are the the PP hour restrictions are rigidly enforced. Good luck.

Last edited by dhuey; May 30, 2019 at 2:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.