Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by gnomie
Just got an email from E-rewards. I had initially signed us through US Airways. Now they are telling me that since US Airways will be merging into the AA program, that effective next week my EXCLUSIVE airline reward will be AA and no other airline rewards will be available.
Yep, I'm not happy about this either. I generally transfer to Iberia or Etihad, neither of which will be an option after this weekend.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Has anyone ever successfully done a survey while you are travelling overseas (outside US) ?

Last month I went to Hong Kong to see families, then a personal trip to Singapore, all the surveys I tried to open when I was in those cities said it is either expired or reach capacity.

Is it they have some tracking device and recognize my computer wasn't in used in the US to complete the survey ?

I was quite upset that I missed several of those about smoking and cigarettes surveys, which I know I would be able to finish those surveys and get full credit, as not many cigarette smokers nowadays.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 5:48 pm

I have no idea how I initially applied; been too long ago. I have not seen that email so maybe I will be able to keep all my options. I too use it for topping off and keeping accounts alive -- although I did give up my Frontier account after they became a LCC and stopped flying the one route I took annually. Guess I will top off a few accounts earlier than normal just in case.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:51 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Is it they have some tracking device and recognize my computer wasn't in used in the US to complete the survey ?
They do track by IP location. There's discussion upthread somewhere about which services do an do not work if you want it to look like you're still in the States for eRewards purposes.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:15 am

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
I don't why they don't just say, "You can't do surveys when you're out of the country" or some such. Instead they say "expired" + BS.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by beachmouse
They do track by IP location. There's discussion upthread somewhere about which services do an do not work if you want it to look like you're still in the States for eRewards purposes.
Surely most people have a permanent internet connection at home these days? Setting up a machine at home to VPN or proxy into is pretty easy. (And also required for all those streaming services, nbc.com, hulu.com, etc.)
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by BamaVol
I signed up originally with DL although I seldom collect skymiles elsewhere. I don't recall that I've ever had a choice to redeem otherwise. I think this was cast in stone from the start. I'm surprised you have been able to play the field.
My mistake. I was confusing e-rewards with emiles. I am locked into DL with emiles. I have switched e-rewards redemptions back and forth between HH and UA. It would suck to get stuck into a single program, especially if that turns out ot be DL.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
DL withdrew from both e-miles and e-rewards. tls
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thelostshark
DL withdrew from both e-miles and e-rewards. tls
Thanks. It's been a while. I wonder what they'll do with my next emiles redemption. I'm at 495 miles. That ought to be quite soon.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. It's been a while. I wonder what they'll do with my next emiles redemption. I'm at 495 miles. That ought to be quite soon.
I just checked. I'm now locked into Hilton with emiles which is fine. It was probably my choice and I just don't remember having to make it.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I have done it from abroad but it only works with a VPN. I got a paid one and now I can do lots of things while traveling that I wouldn't otherwise be able to do.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
I just checked. I'm now locked into Hilton with emiles which is fine. It was probably my choice and I just don't remember having to make it.
I had four (4) of these type of free-bee programs.

1) E-Rewards
2) E-Miles
3) MyPoints
4) My Coke Points.

I happily dropped E-Miles and MyPoints. Soon MyCoke Points will bite the dust. E-Rewards, I'm staying with.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:42 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Just got an email that my e-miles account (US Air) is being changed to AA. Cool!
Old Mar 22, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Just got an email that my e-miles account (US Air) is being changed to AA. Cool!
Ditto .... also cool!
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Originally Posted by jgxtrav1
Ditto .... also cool!
Kind of makes sense, though, right? I still can't recall how I went from DL to Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.