Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

airline miles for amazon.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

airline miles for amazon.com?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2010, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Amazon does NOT permit its affiliates to give rewards or cash back to customers who click through their (the affiliates') links to reach the Amazon site.

This can be verified by looking at Amazon's agreement with its associates, which is publicly accessible here:

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...ates/agreement

Specifically, under item 4, Referral Fees, see the following at the beginning of the 5th paragraph:

Since one can't (according to Amazon's legal agreement with affiliates) get any rebates/cashback/miles/points, I instead continue to support a charitable organization (KCSM, a public radio/TV station) by clicking through the Amazon link on their website. KCSM gets about 8% of everything I purchase. I recommend that you find a charity you want to support that has an Amazon link on its website!

I'm sure there will be doubters (to put it kindly) who will disbelieve me and argue with me , but it is what it is.
Or you can open your own Amazon affiliate account and support yourself

Last edited by farahmorales; Apr 8, 2010 at 9:56 am
Old Apr 18, 2010, 3:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
Safeway also sells Amazon GC - get the double miles on Hhoner Amex or other similar cc's (amex has several)
Old May 7, 2010, 7:44 pm

In my area Kroger sells Amazon GCs too, but I haven't verified if purchase counts as grocery order (but I know it earns fuel perks)
Old May 8, 2010, 10:28 am

Programs: marriott, USAir, JetBlue, Southwest, AA
Benefit charities via links to Amazon

I like to support various charities when making purchases on Amazon.

Something like this page: http://www.tbieugene.org/
Old May 8, 2010, 3:01 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by hilmar
Safeway also sells Amazon GC - get the double miles on Hhoner Amex or other similar cc's (amex has several)
If you purchase from Amazon.com, and have an Amex that gives double points at Pharmacies, consider checking out your local CVS and/or Walgreens for Amazon.com giftcards.

Both Walgreens and CVS in my area offers Amazon.com giftcards [as well as an in-state grocery store chain]; perhaps a pharmacy in your neck of the woods offers Amazon.com giftcards as well.
Old May 8, 2010, 10:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by Max M
If you purchase from Amazon.com, and have an Amex that gives double points at Pharmacies, consider checking out your local CVS and/or Walgreens for Amazon.com giftcards.

Both Walgreens and CVS in my area offers Amazon.com giftcards [as well as an in-state grocery store chain]; perhaps a pharmacy in your neck of the woods offers Amazon.com giftcards as well.
+1 I have done this too - and they do post the double rewards :-D (yes, I checked!)
Old Oct 7, 2010, 3:13 am

Amazon.com partners?

I posted a similar thread about ebay earlier, but I was wondering if there were any partners that offered rewards with shopping with amazon. I havent been able to find a single one... and I know amazon is popular enough.

sorry for these type of posts. just a newbie trying to learn
Old Oct 8, 2010, 3:39 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by farahmorales
Or you can open your own Amazon affiliate account and support yourself
You can try, but they're pretty smart about that and won't pay out commissions on personal purchases. You'd have to jump through a few hoops to make it so that their automated system couldn't track you... and if they did an audit, they could reclaim any "mistaken" commissions (that's one reason why you need a CC registered on your account to be an Associate).

Originally Posted by hilmar
+1 I have done this too - and they do post the double rewards :-D (yes, I checked!)
Unless your AmEx points are valued at more than 1.5% each, you're better off just using an Amazon.com VISA, since it gives 3% (redeemable for cash, Amazon GCs, or other things) for Amazon.com purchases.

Originally Posted by theninjason
I was wondering if there were any partners that offered rewards with shopping with amazon.
Nope. As discussed a number of times in this thread, Amazon's affiliate agreement specifically prohibits affiliates from providing rewards.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 8:36 am

If you buy a lot on Amazon, the Citi Forward card might be a good bet. It doesn't give miles, but does give 5 TY points for restaurant, movie, and bookstore purchases. Amazon counts as a bookstore! If you are getting cashback you get about a 3.5% rate with this card. Another option is to use TY points on a 1:1cent basis to pay for flight tickets (with a ~700 point surcharge) through Citi's Travelocity(?)-based ticketing website. That's a great return, and you get the miles for the flight. ^
Old Oct 20, 2010, 6:59 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by godlovesugly
If you buy a lot on Amazon, the Citi Forward card might be a good bet. It doesn't give miles, but does give 5 TY points for restaurant, movie, and bookstore purchases. Amazon counts as a bookstore! If you are getting cashback you get about a 3.5% rate with this card. Another option is to use TY points on a 1:1cent basis to pay for flight tickets (with a ~700 point surcharge) through Citi's Travelocity(?)-based ticketing website. That's a great return, and you get the miles for the flight. ^
Have you ordered books for amazon and actually received the points?
Old Oct 20, 2010, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by gohan403
Have you ordered books for amazon and actually received the points?
I've ordered books, electronics, gifts, and more. I've even received bonus points for Amazon Marketplace purchases every time, even though rumor has it that it's not supposed to count in that case.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Old thread, but new info in case anyone still has a subscription to it:

US Airways and Hawaiian both have Amazon in their malls now. 1 mile per dollar at US and 2 miles per dollar at Hawaiian. Hawaiian has a bunch of ways to transfer miles.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:03 pm
k2o

Programs: UA 1K, DL Dia.,AA Plat, Hilton Dia,Bonvoy T
Originally Posted by josephstern
Old thread, but new info in case anyone still has a subscription to it:

US Airways and Hawaiian both have Amazon in their malls now. 1 mile per dollar at US and 2 miles per dollar at Hawaiian. Hawaiian has a bunch of ways to transfer miles.
Thanks for updating this thread!^ It was nice to come here and find the new info listed.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL GM, 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHC Spire
Just tried via U S Air Shopping Mall. Will let forum know the outcome. Promise is a meager 1 mile/$, but since I order from Amazon.com anyway, decided to try it.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by DLBIZTRAVELER
Just tried via U S Air Shopping Mall. Will let forum know the outcome. Promise is a meager 1 mile/$, but since I order from Amazon.com anyway, decided to try it.
Having made a small purchase via this tactic last month, I can confirm that the points will post as promised. Mine took about 1 week from the date of the transaction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.