Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2009, 6:31 pm

Got an email confirmation from Live Search Club. . . I think this is my first time to receive confirmation on point posting. Nice thing to have for those who don't obsessively check their account balance (which would not apply to anyone on this board obviously!)

"---------------------------PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL------------------------------

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for using Live Search. Your American Airlines AAdvantage miles have been successfully deposited to your account.

Confirmation Number: xxxXXX
Miles to be Deposited: 1000

Your American Airlines AAdvantage account balance has been updated to reflect this redemption.

Thank you again for using Live Search.

Sincerely,
Live Search Club Team

Air Incentives is fulfilling your order on behalf of Microsoft.
Microsoft respects your privacy. To learn more, please read our online Privacy Statement

Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052"
Old Jan 7, 2009, 11:14 pm

Count me in .. nothing since Nov 1st, have lost over 20k miles...
QUOTE=cw7001;11029989]I have not had any miles post to my Alaskan Airline account since redeeming in early November. Has anyone else experienced this?[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 8, 2009, 4:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by susieling
QUOTE=cw7001;11029989]I have not had any miles post to my Alaskan Airline account since redeeming in early November. Has anyone else experienced this?
[/QUOTE]

I'm missing about 25,000 miles (to AA and Delta from redemptions as far back as 12/2) and LSC has, thus far, been unresponsive. I'm still holding out a little hope, but if something doesn't post within a week or two I guess I'll need to write off LSC.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 5:34 am

Programs: UAL DELTA AA
Originally Posted by roadtripman
I'm kind of getting a half story here, can someone clarify?

I know that they now limit the redemptions to one of each type per airline mile award (100, 500, 1000, 2500).

Okay - but, can multiple accounts be deposited into the same account? Ie. can I redeem 2500 into my AA account 10 times?

How strict is this threat to check my playing for "Fair Use" and deny miles if I am found to be "cheating". Has anyone been denied? I'm using Anagramssolved's auto typing scripts
They (LSC) have allowed multiple redemptions in the past, but amended the rules in November, it is now clearly written on the LSC site regarding redemption limitations.

Yes, people are still posting multiple redemptions after November. It's possible that LSC is allowing old miles to be redeemed for a period of time, but no one really knows for sure.

Multiple playing accounts for one FF account have been working for some folks, and other folks are now possibly missing miles by doing this, although the rules are not specific regarding this, the rules do say one account per customer...this appears to be a rule loop hole. Use it at your own risk.

Anagram solvers are another fuzzy, not clear area of the rules, I don't think that the rules address this exactly. Regarding the fair use policy, there is no clear cut answer. Some people that use anagram solvers are missing miles, and some people are not...draw your own conclusion.

There are many things that we just don't know about how and exactly what rules are enforced by LSC.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 7:57 am

Programs: NWA, DL, AA
Well, recently quite a few people reported they got various redemptions (redeemed in Nov) posted for their Delta/AA accounts, but unfortunately I am one of those who are still waiting for "all" my Nov redemptions (only caught up on 10/31), I have a feeling that they are monitoring us somehow (or blacklist?? hope not)...
Since emailing airincentives or lsc to inquire doesn't seem to shed any light (I did so weeks ago about a missing 11/12 AA redemption and am still waiting for a response), we might as well come up with some conspiracy theories of our own...

Here's one...

I'm curious if any of you who are missing miles installed LSC's "Search Perks" program? That program *does* monitor the web searches you do from your computer (whether via Live Search or any other search engine you use).

That's what it is *supposed* to do, but since it's resident on your computer and tied to one Windows Live ID, how much of a leap would it be for Microsoft to monitor whether the same computer is being used to play LSC games under more than one login?

I suppose this theory can easily be put to rest if someone out there has installed it and is having no problem with redemptions to one account from multiple sources.

Anyone care to speculate along with me?

Best,
TMichaels
Old Jan 8, 2009, 8:05 am

Programs: SPG Gold, LH SEN
My 2500 miles redemption on AA from 12/9 posted today
Old Jan 8, 2009, 9:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
QUOTE=cw7001;11029989]I have not had any miles post to my Alaskan Airline account since redeeming in early November. Has anyone else experienced this?
[/QUOTE]

Me too, nothing has posted since 11/3, so I emailed LSC, and this is the response I got.

Hello, This is in response to your email regarding Live Search Club. According to the terms and conditions you would only be able to order one of each prize per household. To comply with the terms and conditions, one of your orders will be honored and the others will be credited back to your account. Each household may receive a maximum quantity of 1 of each prize item over the life of the Program. If a prize is offered with multiple models, for example, a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 1000 and a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Laser Desktop 6000 a household may receive one of each. If a prize is offered in multiple quantities each household may receive no more than one prize of each quantity over the life of the program; for example the household may receive: 1 song download, 5 song downloads, 10 song downloads, and 20 song downloads.

I replied and said these redemtions were done before the T&C changes. I doubt they'll agree but at least I tried.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:06 am

Programs: ANA, JAL, AA
OMG

Two days ago 6100 tickets were taken out of my LSC account for redemption of 3500 miles, of which I didn't order. This morning 3500 miles appeared in my Delta's account:

07 Jan 2009 Air Incentives (posted on 08Jan2009) 1000
07 Jan 2009 Air Incentives (posted on 08Jan2009) 2500

That's extremely weird!!!
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TMichaels
I'm curious if any of you who are missing miles installed LSC's "Search Perks" program? That program *does* monitor the web searches you do from your computer (whether via Live Search or any other search engine you use).
I didn't install the Search Perks program but your hypothesis sounds possible.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:03 am
hmv

Originally Posted by AndreaRH
I didn't install the Search Perks program but your hypothesis sounds possible.
No miles, didn't install search perks..
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: DL Gold, WN A-List, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Avis 1st
My Delta account showed another 2,500 mile posting today. It was from a redemption on 12/16/2008.

I do have Search Perks installed. I'm still waiting for those tickets to be converted to my regular account. I think it's to happen in March or April.

So far all of my oldest redemptions have posted with about a three week lag. Nothing has failed to post for me (so far).
Old Jan 8, 2009, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by hmv
No miles, didn't install search perks..
I don't think, that it's related to Search Perks in some way, because Search Perks works with Internet Explorer only, and play games you can in any browser. So, Live would get incomplete information, if they would go this way with Search Perks.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 2:47 pm

Me too, nothing has posted since 11/3, so I emailed LSC, and this is the response I got.

Hello, This is in response to your email regarding Live Search Club. According to the terms and conditions you would only be able to order one of each prize per household. To comply with the terms and conditions, one of your orders will be honored and the others will be credited back to your account. Each household may receive a maximum quantity of 1 of each prize item over the life of the Program. If a prize is offered with multiple models, for example, a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 1000 and a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Laser Desktop 6000 a household may receive one of each. If a prize is offered in multiple quantities each household may receive no more than one prize of each quantity over the life of the program; for example the household may receive: 1 song download, 5 song downloads, 10 song downloads, and 20 song downloads.

I replied and said these redemtions were done before the T&C changes. I doubt they'll agree but at least I tried.[/QUOTE]
I received the same message. I emailed them back and said I hadn't redeemed any other miles previously. Still waiting for a response back.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 5:54 pm

Well their answer doesn't make a whole lot of sense in the manner that I redeemed AA on 12/8 (1000), 12/9 (2500), 12/10 (1000) & 12/12 (1000) (had accumulated in that account). Redeemed one Midwest on 12/10 for 1000. The Midwest was credited properly and the AA are missing. So if anything posted, it should have been the first 12/8 AA redemption and the Midwest one should have never gone through.

However, I have not received a response from them yet other than the automated one. I sent my inquiry yesterday. Any idea how long it took you to receive the reply back and then how long it took for your miles to be redeposited into your account (if they have been put back in yet). As long as the miles are re-deposited I am fine - I'll work towards something I can resell.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 6:38 pm

Programs: NWA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by calhk
OMG

Two days ago 6100 tickets were taken out of my LSC account for redemption of 3500 miles, of which I didn't order. This morning 3500 miles appeared in my Delta's account:

07 Jan 2009 Air Incentives (posted on 08Jan2009) 1000
07 Jan 2009 Air Incentives (posted on 08Jan2009) 2500

That's extremely weird!!!
ROTFLMAO...

Does ANYONE at Microsoft/LSC/AI have a CLUE what they are doing?

What a bunch of idiots!

TMichaels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.