Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Restaurant.com Discounts/Coupons

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurant.com Discounts/Coupons

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2006, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jim Liu
I learned just now about restaurant.com and have a few questions.

1. Are there any expiry dates on the vouchers?
Note, there is no expiration date on vouchers in California.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 10:39 am

Thanks mshaikun for the fast answers. Send me a PM if you want to sign-me up and you'wll get the credit.

I also have another question: Why does one always need to mention prior to ordering that one has a voucher? Does this not decrease the quality of food? Any experience witht that?
I have used various types of discount coupons and never noticed poor service. Servers should be tipped on whole bill and most discount offers leave the amount of tip up you you.

As for why in advance, they need it to bill you properly. Otherwise, you'd be delayed when the check was presented. Also, for some systems once a bill issues, changing it can be difficult.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Kore Air
How to interpretate the FAQs

Another question before my order goes out.

For a 10 USD value voucher the voucher FAQs say:

...Minimum Purchase of 3 pizza pies - not valid with online orders...

...Valid for parties of two (2) or more unless otherwise stated...

Does it mean that each party must order minimum 3 pieces of pizza or can both people together order 3 slices?

If I can get a 10 USD dicount out of 3 pizza slices (= 15 USD) the offer is ok but if I get a 10 USD discount out of 6 pizza slices (= 30 USD) the offer is not an offer anymore to me because in this case I would go to McDonalds
Old Nov 20, 2006, 9:51 am
ET

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, SPG
Parties of 2 or more usually means there are 2 or more people sitting at your table. For example, when you go to a restaurant, they ask "how many in your party". It doesn't mean you have 2 tables. So enjoy the coupon, and bon appetit!

Emy

Another question before my order goes out.

For a 10 USD value voucher the voucher FAQs say:

...Minimum Purchase of 3 pizza pies - not valid with online orders...

...Valid for parties of two (2) or more unless otherwise stated...

Does it mean that each party must order minimum 3 pieces of pizza or can both people together order 3 slices?

If I can get a 10 USD dicount out of 3 pizza slices (= 15 USD) the offer is ok but if I get a 10 USD discount out of 6 pizza slices (= 30 USD) the offer is not an offer anymore to me because in this case I would go to McDonalds
Old Nov 20, 2006, 9:55 am
ET

Not all places request the voucher in advance. And some places place a minimum gratuity in addition to a minimum purchase on the order themselves (if they do, they state it in the terms), and they will calculate it on the pre-discount amount.

Originally Posted by mshaikun
I have used various types of discount coupons and never noticed poor service. Servers should be tipped on whole bill and most discount offers leave the amount of tip up you you.

As for why in advance, they need it to bill you properly. Otherwise, you'd be delayed when the check was presented. Also, for some systems once a bill issues, changing it can be difficult.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 1:49 pm

60% off. Good through November 30th. Use code 10523. Enjoy!
Old Nov 22, 2006, 5:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ET
Parties of 2 or more usually means there are 2 or more people sitting at your table. For example, when you go to a restaurant, they ask "how many in your party". It doesn't mean you have 2 tables. So enjoy the coupon, and bon appetit! Emy
OK, I got that but what I still don't understand is the following. In the case that the minimum amount has to be 15 $:

May both people sitting together at one table order together for an amount of 15 $

OR

Does each of the two guys need to order for at least 15 $ (hence, for 30 $ in total)?
Old Nov 22, 2006, 10:51 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by r ur pets fixed
60% off. Good through November 30th. Use code 10523. Enjoy!
THANKS! This is what I've been waiting for!
Old Nov 22, 2006, 10:53 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by sactoroy
Note, there is no expiration date on vouchers in California.
I had one that I never used about 2 years ago for a restaurant in San Diego and it said it expired after a year. Are saying that it really didn't?
Old Nov 23, 2006, 1:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by srodr
I had one that I never used about 2 years ago for a restaurant in San Diego and it said it expired after a year. Are saying that it really didn't?
That is true. Even me, as a total Restauran.com beginner, figured out that the T&Cs say something about "expiring after one year unless in CA" - I think it is the very last point of the general terms.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 8:15 pm

Forgive me if this is old news, but you can also use the 60% off code at http://gift.restaurant.com for certificates redeemable at Restaurant.com and other merchants, like Spawish. So that means $25 spa certificates for $4. Perfect for Christmas shopping and a little self-indulgence!

EDIT: Upon further investigation, it looks like you get a coupon code good for $25 off a purchase of $75 or more. So that means you basically get $75 of services for $54 ($50 plus the $4 for the original discount code). That's still almost 30% off, which is great since spas rarely discount services.

Last edited by sabrina; Nov 23, 2006 at 8:29 pm
Old Nov 24, 2006, 8:22 pm
ghw

Programs: HH gold, Hyatt diamond, priority club plat, Delta Gold, Marriott silver
New code 60% off until Nov 30...code # 10523
enjoy!
Old Nov 25, 2006, 8:13 pm
ET

OK, I got that but what I still don't understand is the following. In the case that the minimum amount has to be 15 $:

May both people sitting together at one table order together for an amount of 15 $

OR

Does each of the two guys need to order for at least 15 $ (hence, for 30 $ in total)?
OK, here's an example. A $25 cert has a minimum purchase of $35 not including alcohol, min party of 2, 18% automatic gratuity. So you go with your SO, order $35 worth of food (total, together, not including alcohol). When you get the bill, you give the waiter your cert. Your bill comes back to you as $35+tax+18% gratuity-$25. That's the lowest you can get away with in this case.

For the $10 cert, apply the appropriate numbers. The party of two only means they want at least 2 people sitting at your table. It has no meaning other than that. The more people sitting at your table, the larger your bill will tend to be.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 1:42 am
Suspended

Bravo ET, that's what I wanted to know. Muchos gracias amigo ^

In this case, it's quite interesting for me to buy a 10 $ certificate. A 15 $ lunch or dinner costs me around 8.90 $ (15 $ x 18 % [2.70] plus 15 - 10 [5.00] plus voucher [1.20]).

By far the worst thing are the tips of 2.70. I will have to see if I really have to tip (in a fast food self service Pizza shop or the like). You know, tiping is not a common practice in my country, so I better don't do it elsewhere
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:22 pm

I seem to remember Restaurant.com participating in a mileage progam but I can't find them with Northwest WorldPerks or United Mileage plus. Does anyone know if you can purchase these certs through a shopping portal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.