Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Restaurant.com Discounts/Coupons

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurant.com Discounts/Coupons

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2006, 1:40 pm

Thank you. Excellent lead.

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
SEE: http://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/details.jsp?mrc=320

I don't know if any other shopping malls include this partner, but if they do, please post them!
Old Dec 26, 2006, 2:02 pm
Suspended

The restaurant.com site is very slow right now. Must have a lot of traffic.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 8:11 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Thumbs up

just got mine.

paid about $6 for $60 worth of certificates - 3 local places

need to spend $90
one of the places specifies 2 entrees required and mandates an 18% tip, this one also excludes promos and holidays

nice find, thanks to everyone who keeps on top of the discount codes and posts them here!
Old Dec 27, 2006, 9:15 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Shopping portal

Last night when I got 3 discount coupons (at 70% off), Fatwallet had a special 15% cash back deal for Restaurant.com. I used my Starwood Amex to buy them. Since I value Starpoints at about 3 cents each, I got $75.00 worth of dining credits for $7.38!
Old Dec 27, 2006, 9:18 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
While I can get the gift certificates for 70% off, I'd like to buy some that I could use for business travel in 2007. But I notice one of the generic restrictions is that they're generally valid only for a party of 2. But I wonder what restaurant would turn one down if I generate $35 of eligible purchase as a single diner. Does anyone have any experience trying to use a $25 off $35 coupon as a party of one? They're so cheap now I may try one just in case.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:06 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
Last night when I got 3 discount coupons (at 70% off), Fatwallet had a special 15% cash back deal for Restaurant.com. I used my Starwood Amex to buy them. Since I value Starpoints at about 3 cents each, I got $75.00 worth of dining credits for $7.38!
the 70% off has been extended through 12/31...use code "CHEERS" for discount
Old Dec 29, 2006, 3:58 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Can you combine certificates and use more than one certificate for one dinner?
Old Dec 29, 2006, 5:38 pm

They may not be a very nice business gift.

Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
While I can get the gift certificates for 70% off, I'd like to buy some that I could use for business travel in 2007. But I notice one of the generic restrictions is that they're generally valid only for a party of 2. But I wonder what restaurant would turn one down if I generate $35 of eligible purchase as a single diner. Does anyone have any experience trying to use a $25 off $35 coupon as a party of one? They're so cheap now I may try one just in case.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by pushback
I doubt it. IIRC, it's one cert per dine.

From their FAQ:

Are there any restrictions for using Restaurant.com Dining Certificates?When purchasing Dining Certificates, please be sure to read the restaurant’s special instructions along with our standard terms and conditions for all of our Dining Certificates. The Dining Certificates may only be used if all of these terms are followed. Please Note: Restaurant’s certificate inventories are limited but are replenished at the beginning of each month.
http://www.restaurant.com/help.asp?png=x#5

Are there any restrictions for using my dining certificates?
There will be some minimal restrictions for many of our restaurants. When selecting your dining certificates, please be sure to read the restaurant specific restrictions which are listed next to the certificate information. Also, please read our standard terms and conditions for all of our dining certificates.
http://www.theidealmeal.com/help.asp?pgn=x
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL,HH Gold,SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Omni SG
Originally Posted by best
They may not be a very nice business gift.
Don't think they intended to give them as a gift, think the OP intended to use them for his/her own dining. Does anyone know if you can do it solo?
Old Dec 29, 2006, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Originally Posted by tfmpa
Don't think they intended to give them as a gift, think the OP intended to use them for his/her own dining. Does anyone know if you can do it solo?

Wouldn't it be logical that the answer to this question would be at the sole discretion of the proprietor of the restautrant weather or not he will allow you to break the rules. It might depend on his/her mood that day or even what you look like.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by pushback
that is highly unlikely. i've used R.com certs before and NONE that i've used have ever permitted this kind of use (multiple certs for a dine).
Old Dec 31, 2006, 6:43 am
Original Member

extended the 70% code!

I just read on another board that they extended the 70% code, CHEERS, thru 12/31. I have not yet tried it. Also, I referred my sister thru their link on their home page and should of gotten a $10 credit, but can't find it in my account. Does this take awhile to show up or am I looking in the wrong place? I know I was signed in when I sent her the link, so should of gotten it. Of course, if anyone here would like me to send them an email link, more than happy to do that! Hopefully someone here can answer my questions. FlyerTalk is the best Forum on the WEB!!
Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:00 am

New one, slightly different, $6 for $25 certificate

There is a new one out - get $25 certificates for $6, essentially a 40% discount from the normal price of $10 for a $25 certificate.

Enter discount code NEW YEAR, and hit "recalculate total".

Celebrate the New Year and save. Hurry, offer ends on Sunday, January 7, 2007.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 5:11 am

60% off Code: MEMBER

EXCLUSIVE SAVINGS  60% OFF DISCOUNT CODE: MEMBER

Good for 48 hours.

Offer ends on Sunday, January 10, 2007.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.