Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

New cool program - Milesbar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New cool program - Milesbar

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2001, 1:47 pm

I have got bfllover and am next in line.
http://milesbar.com/?id=MBG6534

Thanks, JudyJFLA

[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by bfllover:
[b]
Originally posted by lasertag:
I have got rpmkwpw and am next in line. http://milesbar.com/join.asp?id=MBG397

Thanks,got you erik here is mine--do I have it correct the $12.95 is deducted monthly??

thanks--terri

[This message has been edited by bfllover (edited 02-03-2001).]
</font>
Old Jun 5, 2001, 10:25 pm

Has anyone actually contacted an airline listed on the milesbar site and asked the airline is miles accumulated via milesbar are actually transferrable to the airline for frequent flier mileage?
Old Jun 10, 2001, 8:15 pm

Location: way east&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;
I am interested in getting a refferal as well as the answeers to the questions asked above...i am sartign to see some negetive stuff about milesbar on this bulletin board.
Anyone have any news on this?

------------------
Miles for your time on-line at...
URL=http://www.milesbar.com/join.asp?id=MBP3779]
Old Jun 10, 2001, 9:58 pm

Well, flyinggirl, all I can say is I called Northwest Airlines (one of the airlines milesbar states miles may be transferred to) and the NWA response was, "Hunh? Milesbar? What's that?"
Old Jun 12, 2001, 12:36 pm

Anyone participating in the "Milesbar" site should take note (especially those paying $12.95 per month for "elite" levels).

Milesbar shows, on their opening webpage screen, the Northwest Airlines logo (rotating with other airline logos). Also, under the FAQ Section, "Elite Platinum Membership Questions," "Q: How can I transfer miles to my designated frequent flyer program account" ... milesbar states in the next question "The 1-to-1 ratio applies to the frequent flyer programs of Continental, NORTHWEST, (other airlines).

According to Mary Beth Schubert, Director of Corporate Communications of Northwest Airlines, "NORTHWEST AIRLINES DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN MILESBAR."

Old Jun 12, 2001, 2:33 pm

Programs: United, AA
I got Rickejjt,

I'm next

http://milesbar.com/?id=MBG7087

Thanks
Old Jun 12, 2001, 4:10 pm

davenola,

It's pointless for you to repeatedly dissuade FTers from signing up based on your factual findings. The effective course of action would be to write a firm letter to NorthWest informing them of the alleged misuse of their registered company name.

Until something of that nature is initiated, MilesBar will continue "offering" that "1-for-1 miles exchange" and hence continue attracting countless unsuspecting paying members.
Old Jun 12, 2001, 7:14 pm

Maple ...

You can rest assured NWA is taking appropriate action.

Though it may be "pointless" in your view, I was simply trying to warn folks who would pay $12.95 a month for this program and then expect the miles to be transferred to their NWA frequent flier account. That WON'T happen and it is likely that someone could spend hundreds of dollars with "milesbar" on a false expectation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.