Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

1000 United miles for downloading toolbar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by samdori
I never heard about any AA offer. I only know about the 1000 UA offer and there also was a 500 US offer before that.
There was a Usairways offer in May 2012 to download now also defunct Usairways storefront and make a purchase before 6/1/2012. While miles for the purchase never posted, the bonus did post in early June.

For AA there was a 500 mile offer to like them on facebook and answer a survey.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:05 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by samdori
I never heard about any AA offer. I only know about the 1000 UA offer and there also was a 500 US offer before that.
I guess that's what happens when one gets giddy over free points. Looks like I made a boo boo.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:41 am

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
My 1000 UA miles posted a few days ago
Old Jan 19, 2013, 6:41 am
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
Toolbar download points posted for me with a date of 1/15/2013. Wish it had been in 2012 for the MileUp promotion!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 7:58 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Premier Monkey
Toolbar download points posted for me with a date of 1/15/2013.
Ditto.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 7:59 am

Mine just posted as well!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Mine just posted! Nice surprise!!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:17 am

Nothing for me but I did get this yesterday - and look who sent it !

We are very sorry for the delay in posting your 1,000 bonus miles to your account. There is a known issue with miles posting to your MileagePlus Shopping account and we have a team of representatives working towards a resolution.

As soon as we have a resolution, we will follow up.

We appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

Jesus

MileagePlus Shopping Customer Care
Old Jan 20, 2013, 9:09 am

I saw the 1000 miles today in my DWs United account with a posting date of 1/15/2013 and description of "MP Shopping Download Shopping Assistant"
Old Jan 20, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
never received the promo miles on this one...come on UA!
Old Jan 20, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
Originally Posted by maewest
good to see some of you getting the 1k posted - and getting more communication out of cartera than me. data points:

10/30 downloaded toolbar, completed search
11/20 emailed through milesplus shopping requesting credit
11/22 received email from Jesus about needing to wait 8-10wk from promo end 10/31
12/? miles from toolbar search finally post
1/7 email through milesplus shopping requesting credit (again)
1/9 received email from Jesus (same person?) stating 'A trouble ticket has been created for our technical department to review this issue. We will follow up with you shortly.'
1/15 replied to the 1/9 email from Jesus to check in since I have not yet received any follow up
i just checked today and did see the 1,000 points were credited to me with a date of 1/15 so they must have posted after i posted my previous update on the morning of the 15th. never received any follow up email about the ticket they logged.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I downloaded the toolbar and did some searches in October. Two weeks ago I wrote United Customer Support and asked about my miles. I got no response other than the form letter that comes every time you write them.
Two days ago I wrote again.
Their response:

We apologize for the delay this has caused you. Please be advise that we are aware of the situation. We are going to post your miles, please allow several weeks for this matter to be solve.

Thank you for your patience and continued patronage.

Sincerely,

Gregorio

MileagePlus Shopping Customer Care

Well, they sure do know how to challenge my patience. I'm glad that it's just for free miles, and I'm glad they promised to post my miles eventually.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:50 pm

Mine posted with the 1/15 date. I hope that they will give me my points for the searches before they decided to end the toolbar. Got 2 months worth of search points. Anyone using a new toolbar now? Anyone use the Hawaiian Airlines toolbar?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 5:52 pm

HA Toolbar

Hello,
Yep I got the HA Toolbar,because I couldn't get the AA or UA Toolbars because they are both incompatible with my non-windows system. The HA Toolbar works, but is inconsistant. Sometimes the miles post, sometimes not. The good thing about HA Milesfinder Toolbar is you can go up to 3K searches=1K Hawaiian Miles in 1 month, then your counter is reset to zero for the next month.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: Lufthansa
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
I read this thread when it first came out and was pleasantly surprised to find that uploading the AA toolbar would result in the same 1000 mile bonus for uploading, plus 1 mile for every 3 searches. I have emailed 3 times to chase down my points, and nothing! No points for the searches (although it appears they are forthcoming), and no record of the 1000 miles for the upload. Did anyone else see the offer for AA or was I sniffing glue or something? Cartera says there was no AA offer.

Grrrrrrr! What a waste of time.
...he said "Cartera"......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.