Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:49 pm

can't sign up as new mypoints member

I've been trying to sign up as a new mypoint member for a few days now. Everytime, I press the "join now" button, the page keeps loading but never actually finished loading. Anyone knows how to fix this? Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2010, 10:51 am
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
MyPoints In Store

MyPoints in Store is done. A note on the MyPoints In Store site:

The MyPoints In Store program has been discontinued effective immediately. Thank you for participating.

Points will be awarded for all qualifying purchases through July 31, 2010. Point totals as of August 31, 2010 will be final.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ZZyzx000
I've used Fatwallet for years. They are great and never miss anything. You can get an email when things are ready for collection and have it sent to your Paypal account almost immediately.

However, they recently reduced their Priceline commission from 3% to 2%. I asked them if Priceline reduced it or just them. They are going to check this for me.

Fatwallet is great. Does any other site pay more than 2% to link to Priceline?
If you are not aware of it, evreward.com is a GREAT site for answering these kinds of questions. (Although they do list the FW rate for Priceline as 3% so I don't know if it is out of date or it went back up.) I don't start by looking at shopping portals anymore; I find the best deal on something, then visit evreward.com to see if I can get miles or cash back for that site. If multiple sites have the same price then the miles or cash back would be the tie-breaker.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by JerryFF
I still think the Entertainment Books are the best deal with My Points. Although the value of these books has gone down quite a bit over the past few years, I can always manage to at least get my purchase price out of the book, if not a little bit more, and at the same time receive anywhere from 750 to 1500 points per book.

I have bought 6 books this year at prices ranging from $12.50 to $22.50, and have saved about $200 from the 6 books combined. Furthermore, the 6 books were worth 5500 points with My Points.
I think they're not doing points for Entertainment Books any more. I needed one from a different city and spent quite some time on MyPoimts trying to order it but couldn't find it, and the little browser popup doesn't pop on the entertainment.com site. Sad to see this one gone.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 2P; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dcpatti
I think they're not doing points for Entertainment Books any more. I needed one from a different city and spent quite some time on MyPoimts trying to order it but couldn't find it, and the little browser popup doesn't pop on the entertainment.com site. Sad to see this one gone.
If you're still interested, give it another try. In the search box at the top of the page on mypoints.com, enter "Entertainment Publications." Looks like they're currently offering 1,000 points per book. When you click on the link, it takes you to the entertainment.com website. It appears that most of the books are currently available (for $35 to $45), but some don't ship until later this month.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 3:21 am

One of the most annoying things lately at MyPoints is how they recycle their surveys, continuously sending out ones that you have already participated in. Of course, they don't tell you that or give you any way to know until after you have anwered the questions and it gives you a screen that you have already participated and cannot reenter. Of course the icon you clicked to start the process says ''if you click and do not qualify, you will receive 10 points'' but these flimflam artists do not honor that and give you no points. They need to either 1) quit recycling the surveys, or 2) honor their promise to give to the 10 points if you answer the questions on the recycled survey, or 3) tell you that it is a recycled survey before you waste your time on it. To operate in an honest manner, they need to do one of these three things.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by dcpatti
Entertainment Publications is DEFINITELY still on mypoints.

However, you didn't say whether you were trying to purchase a 2010 or a 2011 book, nor did you mention which city you were looking for.

Since the 2010 books are at/near the end of their lifecycle, the city you wanted may have already been sold out.

The 2011 books are now available for purchase. (I usually check a few different rebate sites to see which one is currently offering the best deal.)
Old Aug 21, 2010, 3:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *G, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Carolinian
One of the most annoying things lately at MyPoints is how they recycle their surveys, continuously sending out ones that you have already participated in. Of course, they don't tell you that or give you any way to know until after you have anwered the questions and it gives you a screen that you have already participated and cannot reenter. Of course the icon you clicked to start the process says ''if you click and do not qualify, you will receive 10 points'' but these flimflam artists do not honor that and give you no points. They need to either 1) quit recycling the surveys, or 2) honor their promise to give to the 10 points if you answer the questions on the recycled survey, or 3) tell you that it is a recycled survey before you waste your time on it. To operate in an honest manner, they need to do one of these three things.

Normally when that happens, you should get kicked back to the Mypoints homepage with the message "This Offer Already Taken"
Old Aug 21, 2010, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Carolinian
One of the most annoying things lately at MyPoints is how they recycle their surveys, continuously sending out ones that you have already participated in. Of course, they don't tell you that or give you any way to know until after you have anwered the questions and it gives you a screen that you have already participated and cannot reenter...
I've noticed this, too. However, I don't think they're sending new invites to old surveys. I think the survey website is trying to weed out the people who disqualify and get the 10 points. For example, the surveys that show all the different country flags, I usually get the notice that I've "already taken" the survey after I put in my birthday and gender. I'm sure I haven't taken the survey. I just think they store my IP address/gender/DOB and have me on their blacklist.

Just speculation on my part. I am still able to get a lot of free points through click-thrus. While MyPoints isn't as good as it once was, it's still a pretty good program.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 8:05 am
Used to be Premier Monkey

Programs: AA EXP; Priority Club PLT; HHonors Gold
If this happens, just keep your SurveyMail email in a pending folder and after 30 days email CS saying you completed the survey but weren't credited. They almost always credit you 10 points for your efforts. Be sure to include the SurveyMail number (at the bottom of the email) in your CS request.

It may not be worth it for 10 points, but when I started noticing points not posting, I created a Pending folder and as points post (to MyPoints, AAdvantage eShopping, etc) I move them out. It doesn't really take any effort on my end...
Old Oct 18, 2010, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Going to be in New York for a while early month month and wanted to redeem some points for stores that don't appear in my home town.
No matter what I put in, it refuses point blank to accept any address in New York. Just tells me that it's "not a valid US Postal Address"

No problems with Florida, California etc.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 3:18 pm

MyPoints Rewards Visa

It appears that MyPoints has added a new Visa card to replace the old Washington Mutual card that was dropped after Chase took over WaMu a couple of years ago. Doesn't look like anything special.

1. 2000 bonus points after initial two purchases.
2. No annual fee.
3. 2 points per $ at gas stations and grocery stores, 1 point per $ on other purchases.
4. Issued by World Financil Capital Bank.

http://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/creditCard.vm
Old Nov 5, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA2mm,HGPdiamond, AAExPlat, MarriottGold
Daily Spin and Win

It's been around for a while now. It sort of morphs around various events and holidays to keep people interested. I 'win' 5 points every 10-20 attempts!
Old Nov 5, 2010, 6:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Looks like Mypoints doesn't partner with Starwood hotels anymore (Sheraton, etc).

Bummer.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: United, Delta, American, Jet Blue, Hilton, Marriott
Points not posting

Originally Posted by Premier Monkey
If this happens, just keep your SurveyMail email in a pending folder and after 30 days email CS saying you completed the survey but weren't credited. They almost always credit you 10 points for your efforts. Be sure to include the SurveyMail number (at the bottom of the email) in your CS request.

It may not be worth it for 10 points, but when I started noticing points not posting, I created a Pending folder and as points post (to MyPoints, AAdvantage eShopping, etc) I move them out. It doesn't really take any effort on my end...
I use a "pending folder" as well, especially for sign up bonuses. About 1/3 did not post after 30 days and I had to contact them to get my points. Keep track!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.