Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: DL Gold, WN A-List, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Avis 1st
I was getting ready to redeem some points and noticed the number of points had increased on almost all of the rewards. For example:

2,500 UA miles went from 5,100 to 5,200
5,000 UA miles went from 10,000 to 10,100

Many other rewards also went up by a hundred points each.

The newest change makes the 5,000 mile award an even better alternative to the 2,500 mile award.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Ah man, that stinks. They are nickel and diming us to death.

On Apr 6 I redeemed 10k Mypoints for 5k UA miles; guess I got in just under the wire. tls
Old Apr 28, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by PCMflyer
I was getting ready to redeem some points and noticed the number of points had increased on almost all of the rewards. For example:

2,500 UA miles went from 5,100 to 5,200
5,000 UA miles went from 10,000 to 10,100

Many other rewards also went up by a hundred points each.

The newest change makes the 5,000 mile award an even better alternative to the 2,500 mile award.
Wouldn't it just be better to go through MileagePlus shopping portal? It seems to me that you always have to keep track of MyPoints to make sure they post the correct number of points you earned. Haven't had that problem with MP shopping.
Old May 2, 2011, 6:43 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nanook
Wouldn't it just be better to go through MileagePlus shopping portal? It seems to me that you always have to keep track of MyPoints to make sure they post the correct number of points you earned. Haven't had that problem with MP shopping.
There are actually many stores at MyPoints that earn you more points than through MileagePlus. There are also many stores at MyPoints that do not exist at MileagePlus. I have been happily earning points through MyPoints since 2002.
Old May 2, 2011, 7:55 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by Nanook
I steer clear of the Mileage Plus shopping portal, as they are owned by Vesdia [now known as Cartera Commerce], the same company that operates the AAdvantage Shopping site, and it has been a nightmare trying to fight Vesdia for missing mileage credit for not only myself, but many others... at least this has been the case for the AAdvantage Eshopping site, and thus I am avoiding the MileagePlus shopping site.

Sure you might have crediting issues with MyPoints, but they are more customer friendly with resolving missing points than having to wait months and send numerous emails to resolve missing miles for Vesdia's owned MileagePlus and AAdvantage Shopping sites.
Old May 2, 2011, 8:24 pm

Has anyone had success getting points using the Dealshare feature? I sent like 40 e-mails about 2 weeks ago - no points from any of them yet. I also see you can share them via Facebook - anyone gotten points from that method?
Old May 2, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by tripice351
Has anyone had success getting points using the Dealshare feature? I sent like 40 e-mails about 2 weeks ago - no points from any of them yet. I also see you can share them via Facebook - anyone gotten points from that method?
It appears that you only earn the MyPoints if the people sign up for MyPoints, not for simply emailing them an invite.

You might verify with the 40 people to see if the signed up, and if they did, and MyPoints doesn't credit you, then I'd advise contacting MyPoints CS.
Old May 2, 2011, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by Max M
It appears that you only earn the MyPoints if the people sign up for MyPoints, not for simply emailing them an invite.

You might verify with the 40 people to see if the signed up, and if they did, and MyPoints doesn't credit you, then I'd advise contacting MyPoints CS.
I'm not referring (no pun intended) to the Refer-A-Friend program (which is what I believe you are referencing), I'm talking about the Dealshare program (up in the big orange menu bar, between Rewards and Local). It says you get 5 points for sharing a specific deal (of which there are probably hundreds.. pages and pages of them), either via Facebook or an e-mail. I can't find any terms and conditions about the Dealshare program, or mention of it in the Help section.
Old May 3, 2011, 7:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Max M
I steer clear of the Mileage Plus shopping portal, as they are owned by Vesdia [now known as Cartera Commerce], the same company that operates the AAdvantage Shopping site, and it has been a nightmare trying to fight Vesdia for missing mileage credit for not only myself, but many others... at least this has been the case for the AAdvantage Eshopping site, and thus I am avoiding the MileagePlus shopping site.

Sure you might have crediting issues with MyPoints, but they are more customer friendly with resolving missing points than having to wait months and send numerous emails to resolve missing miles for Vesdia's owned MileagePlus and AAdvantage Shopping sites.
I've not had any problems with the MileagePlus shopping portal. Miles posted in a very timely manner for both Mr. Kipper's account and my account.
Old May 3, 2011, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by tripice351
I'm not referring (no pun intended) to the Refer-A-Friend program (which is what I believe you are referencing), I'm talking about the Dealshare program (up in the big orange menu bar, between Rewards and Local). It says you get 5 points for sharing a specific deal (of which there are probably hundreds.. pages and pages of them), either via Facebook or an e-mail. I can't find any terms and conditions about the Dealshare program, or mention of it in the Help section.
I did it just a few minutes ago and I got 5 points. I shared another deal and I didn't get any point. It says "Earn 5 Points (once), daily by sharing this offer!" I don't know if you shared the deal all in one day or on different days.
Old May 9, 2011, 6:52 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
MyPoints-Ent Books $12 plus $1 shipping for 12 hr

Appears that MyPoints is offering 750 pts for each Entertainment Book, for $12 plus $1 shipping. The So CA books have the $20 off AA discount codes (ex-LA) good for up to 6 pax on same itn, plus the usual $10 off AA code. The email says it's for 12 hours only.

Last edited by rbAA; May 9, 2011 at 7:01 am
Old May 9, 2011, 12:47 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by rbAA
Appears that MyPoints is offering 750 pts for each Entertainment Book, for $12 plus $1 shipping. The So CA books have the $20 off AA discount codes (ex-LA) good for up to 6 pax on same itn, plus the usual $10 off AA code. The email says it's for 12 hours only.
18 AAdvantage miles per $1 spent at entertainment.com through AAdvantageshopping.com
Old May 9, 2011, 3:49 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Spiff
18 AAdvantage miles per $1 spent at entertainment.com through AAdvantageshopping.com
216 AA miles versus apx 360 UA miles (assuming 5200 MyP's for the 2500 UA miles reward.) It depends on what you like.Or need.
Old May 12, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
Hi

are there any MyPoint offers that are easy to do ?

the only one that seems to be money I spend anyway is the Ebay 2 points per $1 spent but that will take a long time before i get to 5200 miles so I can redeem them for 2500 United miles.

I searched my old mail and I was never offered the Starbucks 500 miles on the last page or anything else except the 750 miles for refer a friend ,

Can I refer myself on another email account ?

Thanks for your help

Rally
Old May 12, 2011, 4:22 pm

If you refer yourself on another account you risk losing both accounts. I guess it's a risk/reward question but these people are very good at detecting that kind of behavior and for good reason. It threatens their business model.

But MyPoints is a great program just as it is. If you just do the toolbar searches, click the emails you get and fill out surveys, even if they're "scdnq" (survey complete: did not qualify), you still get some points.

Case in point: I've been with MyPoints for over a decade (since I was 17). I've earned 108,000+ points. It's not a great benefit, but $300 at banana republic, two free hotel nights at hilton (when they had that as a redemption) and $150 via paypal is a good return for less than 5 minutes a day. (that's by my poor person math)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.