Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:50 pm

UA mileage Plus

Does anyone know if both my spouse and I can redeem mypoints for UA miles to the same UA FF account? Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2010, 5:16 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Keflyer
Does anyone know if both my spouse and I can redeem mypoints for UA miles to the same UA FF account? Thanks!
No.

Once a UA Mileage Plus account is associated with any Mypoints user/account via redemption, it cannot be detached then recycled within Mypoints.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by viajero boricua
If you check carefully, there's ALMOST NO store chains into the "in Store" program, except for Sally Beauty Supply and Jos A. Bank (overpriced men's clothes) .

Most stores listed are specialized travel agents, cruise lines and other travel-related businesses (which may suit quite a few FT Members, but not the regular MyPoints clientéle, like me...).

I'll pass until they start to include REAL store chains that are available in MY neighborhood...
First of all you receive 100 points for simply signing up. The points load immediately (as pending) and you can simply delete any credit card that you've listed once that happens.

Secondly, this is obviously a new area for MyPoints so, if it's to be successful or not, remains to be seen. Hopefully, as it expands, more stores will be added.

Thirdly, some of us actually like some of the stores involved and shop there.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:48 am

Thanks!

Thanks lin821!
Was hoping we could both add miles to 1 Ual acct so we can earn a free award faster.

Originally Posted by lin821
No.

Once a UA Mileage Plus account is associated with any Mypoints user/account via redemption, it cannot be detached then recycled within Mypoints.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:50 am

Programs: AA Gold
Unhappy

Originally Posted by camargo
First of all you receive 100 points for simply signing up. The points load immediately (as pending) and you can simply delete any credit card that you've listed once that happens.

Secondly, this is obviously a new area for MyPoints so, if it's to be successful or not, remains to be seen. Hopefully, as it expands, more stores will be added.

Thirdly, some of us actually like some of the stores involved and shop there.
Didn't load immediately for me.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by lolosmama
Didn't load immediately for me.
For me, it took about a day to show as pending in my account.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerInCmh
OK, I'll be patient. Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by lolosmama
OK, I'll be patient. Thanks.
and for me it took about a week.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: Marriott Silver; Hilton Silver
I was all excited today to finally reach the 11,750 available point balance level so I could redeem them for a $100 Banana Republic GC. But alas, they're no longer available. I swear they were there a week or so ago when my overall balance was enough but not my redeemable was not. Grr...Hopefully they'll come back. I'll try waiting. I hate not maximizing my point yield!
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by FlyerInCmh
same for me.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 6:50 pm

I just noticed a feature on MyPoints which I never recall seeing before. It is on the right side of the main bar when you log in to the home page and is listed as Daily Spin 'n Win. When you click on it, it brings up a Wheel and you can click and spin and win anywhere from 0 to 10000 points daily. You also get 5 entries for the monthly jackpot of 1,000,000 points. Am I just a dummy that never saw this before, or is this new? I got 5 points, but my wife got zero trying this for the first time.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by Cornroaster
I just noticed a feature on MyPoints which I never recall seeing before. It is on the right side of the main bar when you log in to the home page and is listed as Daily Spin 'n Win. When you click on it, it brings up a Wheel and you can click and spin and win anywhere from 0 to 10000 points daily. You also get 5 entries for the monthly jackpot of 1,000,000 points. Am I just a dummy that never saw this before, or is this new? I got 5 points, but my wife got zero trying this for the first time.
It appears new to me also. Like your wife, I got zero points but thanks for the heads up.

My Points seems to be adding some new things to their menu and I think that as an overall effort that's good.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:55 am

Gave it a spin as well

I gave it a spin as well and won 100 points while my spouse got 0.

Originally Posted by Cornroaster
Old Mar 5, 2010, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Keflyer
I gave it a spin as well and won 100 points while my spouse got 0.
Its good to know that someone can get more than 5 points from this. Thanks, you lucky bum.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shapscpa
I was all excited today to finally reach the 11,750 available point balance level so I could redeem them for a $100 Banana Republic GC. But alas, they're no longer available. I swear they were there a week or so ago when my overall balance was enough but not my redeemable was not. Grr...Hopefully they'll come back. I'll try waiting. I hate not maximizing my point yield!
had the same thing happen to me this week the 5000 then 5100 for 2500 UAL miles dissapeared only 5o more earned but not yet redemable pts to go. I now need 10k not 5.1K for a 5K award. Seems unfair moving the finish line when you are so close. Hope the 10k award lasts long enough for me to redeem it. I now need 3400 pts more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.