Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *G, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DrG
I have gotten 100 points on two occasions so far. This is after attempting the spin almost daily
I just got 100 points today after weeks of 0's.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 4:14 am

I'm also noticing that they're sending me an email confirmation after every spin win saying that I've earned xxx number of points.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:56 pm

Obviously, it's not a normal wheel, but there are only 2 locations with 0 points on it so it would seem that your chances of landing on one of them shouldn't be near 100%.
Old May 1, 2010, 4:03 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by aerospace
Obviously, it's not a normal wheel, but there are only 2 locations with 0 points on it so it would seem that your chances of landing on one of them shouldn't be near 100%.
I suspect the way the wheel looks (i.e. only 2 with 0) has nothing to do with the odds of what you get when you spin ....

I spin almost every day and get 0 points about 9 out of 10 spins .... have received 10 points once and 5 points a couple times.

But, it's free points so what the heck ....
Old May 1, 2010, 9:42 am

multiple redemption from different accounts, same address

Does mypoints allow redemption of awards from different accounts of same household living in the same address?
Old May 1, 2010, 6:40 pm

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by canadianidol
Does mypoints allow redemption of awards from different accounts of same household living in the same address?
No!

You might get away with it for a while .... but, once they catch it (and they usually do), they will lock all such accounts and you will lose your points in all accounts.
Old May 2, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I've had no problems doing this.
Old May 2, 2010, 11:17 am

MP Earning Worth?

Hi, MPTS newbie here.

I just signed up with the UA promo (and got the 500 miles), then started getting email for either buying stuff or taking surveys.

So I started trying to figure out how much are points worth, and in many ways came up with about 0.67 cpp (US cents per point). This is when one uses 7500 points for a $50 gift card, or 3600 for $25. Mileage conversions give similar results.

Here is my question: give that I can't imagine anyone with so much time to waste taking surveys for 50 points (worth a whopping 33 cents), Mypoints must be giving points away at a much better rate, or much better rewards.

What am I missing??
Old May 2, 2010, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by brengaz
Hi, MPTS newbie here.

What am I missing??
Different people look for different rewards and ways to earn them. A couple of examples: if you signed up for Direct TV through MyPoints they are currently offering 10,000 points. Currently, a $100.00 Macy's GC costs 11,750 points so, if you think you'd like to go with a dish that might be of interest to you.

I recently bought a referb computer from Overstock. Cost me $180.00 and I got 1800 pts. I could have bought the same computer direct from their website but by going through MyPoints I picked up some points. I used a Visa GC that I won in a sales contest so the points were a nice bonus.

A few days ago I bought some polo shirts at retailer that offers MyPoints when you shop in store. I used a CC that gets me cash back and got points as well.

You just have to learn what's offered, what your goals are and how to play the game. (shrug) Then it's up to you to decide how creative you want to be and how much time it's worth to you.
Old May 2, 2010, 7:36 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by brengaz
Here is my question: give that I can't imagine anyone with so much time to waste taking surveys for 50 points (worth a whopping 33 cents), Mypoints must be giving points away at a much better rate, or much better rewards.
Or most of us actually hope to get kicked out of the survey after a few questions for the 10 points.
Old May 3, 2010, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by canadianidol
Yes. I just received 2 gift cards, one from my husbands acct and one from mine. They were in the same envelope This is the second time I've redeemed concurrently and the second time they put the cards in the same envelope.
Old May 5, 2010, 11:16 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AF, AS, BA, SQ, UA, US, IHG, SPG
500 points for new Costco membership

Today's BonusMail. Could be useful to some.
Order a $50 membership certificate, get 500 points, $50 in coupons, plus a whole lot more! (quote from the email)
Old May 6, 2010, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by shapscpa
I was all excited today to finally reach the 11,750 available point balance level so I could redeem them for a $100 Banana Republic GC. But alas, they're no longer available. I swear they were there a week or so ago when my overall balance was enough but not my redeemable was not. Grr...Hopefully they'll come back. I'll try waiting. I hate not maximizing my point yield!
Since this same question has been asked by two or three people on this thread and has seemingly gone unanswered for a couple of months, let me point out that 1) Mypoints doesn't guarantee the availability of any particular reward(s) (see their Terms of Service on the website); but 2) rewards often seem to go out of stock for a while and then reappear. So if you had your heart set on a particular gift card, just be patient and keep checking for availability every few days. (Of course, you can also contact Customer Service via the website and inquire if the reward is likely to come back into stock.)
Old May 6, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Sky Miles
I asked a while ago to add a $100 TJ Maxx gift card (to save like 1100 points over ordering 2 $50s), they replied that they would consider. Nothing yet...
Old May 9, 2010, 6:25 am
dc3

No new points opportunities

I haven't seen any quiz or offers in about 2 weeks. Has anyone else not received any emails from mypoints?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.