Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

25% bing cashback at stubhub.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25% bing cashback at stubhub.com

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Update: I wound up returning the item in my OP, for unrelated reasons, but I'm now embroiled in another issue with Bing Cashback.

Sent flowers via 1800flowers.com last week. Cashback didn't post within two-day allotted time period. I clicked through from Bing, saved screenshot, can prove it. However, have sent three separate emails with screenshot files in PDF format (a listed supported format). CS claims they "can't open them" (I also uploaded files to a server, which they won't bother to try to download).

No customer service 800 number. No way to return merch (I'd have bought through a different vendor had this offer not been available through Cashback).

Am considering options for escalation. At stake is only $15, but it's the principle of the thing, you know?

(Also - have received cashback for items I returned. Have tried to contact company on that score as well, to no avail.)

This would be a great service had Microsoft, you know, actually dedicated staff resources to it.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark

This would be a great service had Microsoft, you know, actually dedicated staff resources to it.

Quote of the day ^

PS - Sorry about your issue, Dave. IME, its typical Bing CS, unfortunately.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 9:31 am

Programs: Starwood
I have had terrible times with their customer service.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I've requested six checks total, and have received all without incident or problem in about two weeks time.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 1:57 pm

I use T-Mobile prepaid and normally buy $100 refills through some random vendor with a 10% coupon. I saw that Bing Cash Back was offering 35%. Wow, great deal.

Took screen shots of every step of the purchase, waited two days for it to post. It didn't so I emailed them with ALL the information, including the "Transaction Reference Code" T-Mobile provides at the end of the transaction.

BCB replies: we need an Order Number.
I write back: the Transaction Reference Code is the only number provided.
BCB replies: we need an Order Number.
I write back: I think the Transaction Reference Code is the Order Number.
BCB replies: we need an Order Number, call T-Mobile and get it.

--Call T-Mobile, speak with four different individuals (everyone else says it's handled in another department). Fourth CSR gives me the "Order Number," exact same number as the Transaction Reference Code. I ask, he confirms, Transaction Reference Code is the same as the Order Number--

I write to BCB: Transaction Reference Code is the Order Number.
BCB replies: Thanks, $35 posted.

If you enjoy dealing with an organization that is slightly more difficult and obstinate than the IRS, then you will LOVE using Bing Cash Back.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Aaron20
I use T-Mobile prepaid and normally buy $100 refills through some random vendor with a 10% coupon. I saw that Bing Cash Back was offering 35%. Wow, great deal.
May I ask which vendor you are using for 35% off T-Mobile pre-pay?
Old Feb 21, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
But when I get a 35% discount from the IRS it usually takes a bit more than that exchange!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
May I ask which vendor you are using for 35% off T-Mobile pre-pay?
T-Mobile itself. When you go to bing.com/shopping and type in "T-Mobile" it should be the first link at the top - 35% cash back. Be prepared to go back and forth with them about it!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 6:02 am
In memoriam

My Bad Bing Experience--Won't Use Bing Again

I have had one experience with Bing. They refused to pay the promised rebate.

I ordered a watch online ($120) using Bing search after registering with Bing.

Didn't get the promised rebate of 10%.. After much emailing to Bing customer "service" got a bunch of gobbledygook and no money--they did reply to my emails, just didn't resolve the problem.

Called Amex to put in a billing dispute. Amex permanently credited me with the disputed amount immediately.

Unfortunately, that means Bing did not have to pay up.

So, got my money, but, still very unhappy with Bing.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
bing is typical msft bureaucracy

ordered multiple items of something from one of the cashback stores, and I get an email 2 weeks later saying the cashback has been canceled due to violation of section double D or something like that....the reason? "YOU have purchased the items for a business or non consumer use"..... I ordered 8 iPods for family members, and they jus assume I have a store or something.

Had to fight with them over email and 5 CSR's to get them to reinstate it. IMO Bing sucks..
Old Feb 24, 2010, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aaron20
T-Mobile itself. When you go to bing.com/shopping and type in "T-Mobile" it should be the first link at the top - 35% cash back. Be prepared to go back and forth with them about it!

nice! I will do this next time I need a $100 refill!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
I have had one experience with Bing. They refused to pay the promised rebate.

I ordered a watch online ($120) using Bing search after registering with Bing.

Didn't get the promised rebate of 10%.. After much emailing to Bing customer "service" got a bunch of gobbledygook and no money--they did reply to my emails, just didn't resolve the problem.

Called Amex to put in a billing dispute. Amex permanently credited me with the disputed amount immediately.

Unfortunately, that means Bing did not have to pay up.

So, got my money, but, still very unhappy with Bing.
I have gotten close to $1000 from them already, never any major issues at all. 1/10 doesn't credit automatically, but I was so far able to resolve all of them. Similar to all cashback offers I always document my clicks with screenshots, this helps when things don't credit.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:31 am

I am a regular online frugal shopper and mostly use cash back portals like Bing, ShopAtHome, AAfter Search and Ebates.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE
BING Cashback will end

Received this message over the weekend. It was great while it lasted!

bing coin Bing cashback
Dear valued cashback customer:

We are writing to notify you that the Bing cashback program will be discontinued, and the last day to earn cash back on your Bing Shopping purchases will be July 30, 2010.

Until July 30, 2010 9:00 pm PST, it's business as usual so continue to take advantage of great offers from your favorite merchants. You can redeem all of your earned cashback savings consistent with the cashback terms and conditions and access the Bing cashback customer support system through July 30, 2011. We encourage you to redeem your cashback savings and to further support redemption, we are waiving the $5 minimum payout effective July 31, 2010. To assist with prompt delivery of your cashback earnings, please visit http://cashbackaccount.bing.com to ensure your account information is current. For more details and answers to your questions, please visit our frequently asked questions page.

Thank you very much for being a loyal cashback user. We remain committed to delivering great value to our customers, and we are currently working on an exciting new program which you will hear more about from us later this summer.

Sincerely,

Bing cashback team
Old Jun 9, 2010, 7:27 pm

20% at best buy

it seems bing is going out with a bang...best buys is showing 20% BCB, although finding a keyword that will pull up the best buys link is difficult, it is worth looking for...look on slickdeals.net for more info on this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.