Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

25% bing cashback at stubhub.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25% bing cashback at stubhub.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2009, 7:58 am

I've had good luck with Bing Cashback CS. A couple of orders didn't get credited and one, fro Buy.com, was credited at a lower rate than it should have been. In all cases, I get pretty quick responses to online inquiries -- within 2-3 days -- and they've all been resolved to my satisfaction.

Considering that some of their cashback rates hit 50% -- Eastbay, for one -- I haven't found any better deal than Bing.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 8:48 am

I have also used bing cs and had very good success in rseoving my issue.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 10:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Just another data point - still haven't received an email from a real human on my missing 3 bucks or so.

It's not the amount of money that's the issue - it's just that they should honor a 30% rebate if they advertise it, you know?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:43 am

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
Today

A friend called me with the news that Bing was at 20% today on Ebay with buy it now.

I ran over because I had been waiting for better than the recent 8% and bought a big item. I was due to get $50 back in cashback. As we know, that takes weeks.

HOWEVER, I bought the item using buy it now and paid by paypal using my AMEX. I received an immediate notice that Bing had credited $50 to my paypal account (without the wait)!

So I am getting $50 from Microsoft, money back from COSTCO Amex and Ebay bucks.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:12 pm

Is there a list of "cash equivalent" or "commodity/almost cash equivalent" purchases one can make, even at a fee (i.e. things good for these 20% cash back type of things).

1) Presidential Coins
2) Gold bullion on Ebay
3)...?

I am sure a thread on exactly this exists but I have not found it. Thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:55 am

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
Also, I just got a cashback notice regarding a purchase I made at Ebags.com, which is listed on the website at 30% but the email confirmation of the refund amount was more like 25%. 30% of $72, the amount of my purchase, is $24 - not $21.60, the amount I received. Anybody else have this happen?
Um, recheck the calculation, 30% of $72 is $21.60 - you'd need a 33.33% refund to get $24.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Lavarock7
A friend called me with the news that Bing was at 20% today on Ebay with buy it now.
Someone let me know about this too but I got there too late. Hoping they do it again soon.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
If this is absolutely necessary for you to access your Bing account while traveling overseas use some US proxy server to mask your IP address.

Originally Posted by pjoalfa
Big warning here for my hyper-traveling brethren. DO NOT EVER access Bing Cashback from an IP outside the USA. Even if you live in the US, are registered in the US, address in the US, credit card in the US, etc. One access on a foreign IP and they shut down your account and cancel your pending cash back.

It took more than a week and faxing copies of driver's license, etc. to get them to reinstate my account.

I asked them if they were aware that people actually traveled in this world, and they responded that you cannot even visit it from out of the USA no matter what, or you'll have it canceled.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by foxberg
If this is absolutely necessary for you to access your Bing account while traveling overseas use some US proxy server to mask your IP address.
I always have when traveling. Even to open their emails, just in case.
They are weasels. Address, phone, D/L copy, and US IP. Not enough for them. It's enough to renew license, pay taxes, get/pay credit cards, bank online, but it's not enough for microsoft.

Update: They recredited and then canceled it again and now won't answer emails. Amazon payphrase cashback for me.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
....IMO, it's a pretty decent list with some really bangup bargains. On the other hand, Bing (Microsoft) exempts your shipping and sales tax from the rebate - this can really add up since shipping costs have escalated so dramatically and sales taxes are quite high in some states (my own is 9.75% - ouch)....
IME, other similar programs (FatWallet, ebates, miles/points malls, etc.) use the price pre-tax & pre-shipping as the basis for the rebate/miles/points as well. So there's nothing unusual there.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by mbreuer
Negative - B&N cashback has never posted for me ?
Has anyone else had this experience with B&N? Also, mbreuer, how many times did you try with B&N before giving up? I'm wondering if it was just a fluke, and if I should give them a try, or if it's a definite, ongoing pattern.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 9:56 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by lynowens
Has anyone else had this experience with B&N? Also, mbreuer, how many times did you try with B&N before giving up? I'm wondering if it was just a fluke, and if I should give them a try, or if it's a definite, ongoing pattern.
Twice. I'm more bothered that I've never received a response to Bing customer service inquiries (I've sent five so far).
Old Dec 19, 2009, 1:51 pm

Smile

Here's the master list of which stores offer cashback and how much:

http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/s...s=1&FORM=R5FD2
Unfortunately there is no one link that gives a one-stop shopping answer to the best Bing CashBack (BCB) for all participating vendors. For example the link above shows that Sears CashBack is 8%, however I know for a fact that at the moment it is actually 20% if you know to look for a good link. I found out about it - and several other better BCB better deals - in the wiki (just below the first post) of the link below:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1551705#

Furthermore, if you look at the OP's link WalMart isn't even mentioned as a BCB participant, however the link below shows that at the moment it's 5%:

http://discoverbing.com/giftguides/m...id=hLQ0yE2JWNa

The bottom line is that you have to dig around to find the best BCB deals. In the past month at various times I've found 20% BCB at WalMart, Sears, and eBay and trimmed literally hundreds of dollars off of my holiday shopping tab. Even if you don't find the best BCB % off deal if you aren't using BCB this holiday season you are leaving money on the table.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 10:12 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Back to 10%

Bing.com for Ebay is back to 10% on search word 'gold coin'.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Originally Posted by mbreuer
Twice. I'm more bothered that I've never received a response to Bing customer service inquiries (I've sent five so far).
I emailed them twice 2 weeks ago and they finally did post the cashback at 14% at the time, but of course I have to wait months for it since it is pending.

JudyJFLA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.