Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

25% bing cashback at stubhub.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2009, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Search for NFL Tickets on bing.com shopping site (click on shopping when you go to bing.com) and you will see stubhub.com as third sponsored link on right side with 25% cashback.

I just bought college football tickets and bing cashback showed up in 10 minutes.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 12:13 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

As a frequent user of Stubhub, I thank you very much!
Old Nov 11, 2009, 10:40 am

Programs: United, SPG
Using Stub Hub's 25% Cash Back to Rack Up Miles

So Stub Hub is currently has a promo with Bing.com Cash Back for 25%. This is also conveniently the same amount in commission that they charge on both sides of the transaction, which pretty much allows you and a friend to buy "tickets" from one another pretty much free of charge and get substantial amount of miles for it. Total cost comes out to $11.95 for $12,011.95 (or $1 for 1k miles) in spending, which you get all back via a check or cash. If you have any comments or ways to improve this, I am all ears.

More Info:
http://ahlaytravel.blogspot.com/2009...o-rack-up.html
Old Nov 11, 2009, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Nice find.
I guess the blogger is referring to this post I posted two weeks back.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...ubhub-com.html

Too bad I can't take advantage of it as I already accumulated 2000 dollars cash back in my account.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:33 am

Tell me if I'm wrong but if you have to wait 60 days for the cashback then you need to add your cc finance charge to the overall cost. That is unless you have the $ laying around to pay it off first.

it is very tempting but I'll wait and see what happens. Thanks OP.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:38 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Even if Stubhub lets you get away with it, how do you deal with the tax liability?
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:52 am

Yeah you need to have some cash laying around. And I have never heard of there being a tax liability from selling tickets on stubhub. They dont ask for any tax info or anything like that.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Two similar threads merged today.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by onesweetworld
So Stub Hub is currently has a promo with Bing.com Cash Back for 25%. This is also conveniently the same amount in commission that they charge on both sides of the transaction, which pretty much allows you and a friend to buy "tickets" from one another pretty much free of charge and get substantial amount of miles for it. Total cost comes out to $11.95 for $12,011.95 (or $1 for 1k miles) in spending, which you get all back via a check or cash. If you have any comments or ways to improve this, I am all ears.

More Info:
http://ahlaytravel.blogspot.com/2009...o-rack-up.html

How is this not considered outright fraud?
Old Nov 12, 2009, 7:54 am

Because Stub Hub is still collecting their 25% cut and is volunteering to give the 25% Cash back. If you sold real tickets, it would be the same thing.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Bing Cashback [Master Thread]

Hey folks, I've seen threads on Ebay cashback rates and similar from Bing.com, but I've started using this service a lot more and am interested in comparing notes with people.

Here's the master list of which stores offer cashback and how much:

http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/s...s=1&FORM=R5FD2

IMO, it's a pretty decent list with some really bangup bargains. On the other hand, Bing (Microsoft) exempts your shipping and sales tax from the rebate - this can really add up since shipping costs have escalated so dramatically and sales taxes are quite high in some states (my own is 9.75% - ouch).

Also, I just got a cashback notice regarding a purchase I made at Ebags.com, which is listed on the website at 30% but the email confirmation of the refund amount was more like 25%. 30% of $72, the amount of my purchase, is $24 - not $21.60, the amount I received. Anybody else have this happen? I did open a ticket on it, but received an autobot reply telling me it'd be several days before anyone even read my email, which doesn't inspire much confidence.

Any experiences with the program - pro or con - welcome, and if I've screwed up and posted this in the wrong forum or have overlooked whatever thread might exist, accept my apologies.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:50 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Positive - sometimes fast posting; often pre discount; often higher cashback than FW.
Negative - no customer service. I've never had an email answered. B&N cashback has never posted for me - switched back to FW for that. I do get surveys after I email asking how the service was... not good at all I'm afraid. Never had any issues with FW - prompt response to any issue.

Also, for those stores where the cashback is variable, how the heck do you know whether a given item is 2% or 10%?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 3:25 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Big warning here for my hyper-traveling brethren. DO NOT EVER access Bing Cashback from an IP outside the USA. Even if you live in the US, are registered in the US, address in the US, credit card in the US, etc. One access on a foreign IP and they shut down your account and cancel your pending cash back.

It took more than a week and faxing copies of driver's license, etc. to get them to reinstate my account.

I asked them if they were aware that people actually traveled in this world, and they responded that you cannot even visit it from out of the USA no matter what, or you'll have it canceled.

In general, it was suspended for International activity. The Bing cashback program is purely domestic at the present time. That means that it is considered a violation of the Terms of Use to use the cashback program for any reason, purchase or request payment while out of the country. This would easily be determined by tracing the IP address.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:13 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by pjoalfa
Big warning here for my hyper-traveling brethren. DO NOT EVER access Bing Cashback from an IP outside the USA. Even if you live in the US, are registered in the US, address in the US, credit card in the US, etc. One access on a foreign IP and they shut down your account and cancel your pending cash back.

It took more than a week and faxing copies of driver's license, etc. to get them to reinstate my account.

I asked them if they were aware that people actually traveled in this world, and they responded that you cannot even visit it from out of the USA no matter what, or you'll have it canceled.
Ouch - out of curiosity, how did you find out it was cancelled... and more importantly, how did you find someone who could help reinstate it. My emails for missing cashback are just plain ignored (except for the survey I get each time asking how the service was).
Old Dec 5, 2009, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by mbreuer
Ouch - out of curiosity, how did you find out it was cancelled... and more importantly, how did you find someone who could help reinstate it. My emails for missing cashback are just plain ignored (except for the survey I get each time asking how the service was).
They emailed me. I emailed back. Never had an issue with them answering, albeit at least 3 days for each. Before this incident I had emailed for missing cashback and also received replies.
I never took their survey, maybe that's it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.